News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who runs the world ...

Started by Baruch, September 13, 2019, 01:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 14, 2019, 05:11:04 PM
Senle ilgili bir şey söylemedim, be yavru kuş. Espri kelimesinin İngilizcede karşılığı yok, zaten Türkçede de Fransızca bir kavram diyorum. Yani olan her şey kötü bir espri gibi, siktiret demek istedim. Benim yaptığım da espriydi.
Öyleyse tamam : )

Espri kelimesi Türkçede hemen daima şaka, komiklik vs. olarak algılanıyor ama aslında detay bir nüansı var; ince bir noktaya gönderme yapmak gibisinden. Zaten yazdığın iletide de bu var. İnce görmüşsün hanım ablacım : )

drunkenshoe

Bunlarda o nüanslar bile yok be yeğen.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 14, 2019, 01:59:39 PM
I'm serious. Politically the farthest point of everything Western Civilisation created and deemed as progressive is pointing to 'me' in the common fantasy. Well, of course not me, as in me. Doesn't matter what it is, it's always been just bullshit anyway and everyone knows it. I am just bored.     

Don't be bored.  If you are bored, you will sit down.  If you sit down the Langoliers will catch up to you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 14, 2019, 04:12:01 PM
There is no common English equivalent of what we call 'espri' in Turkish, which is French, SF, but there are in many other languages. :)

Correct.  "Elan" in French.  It is part of the myth of French knighthood that should have died at Agincourt, but continued on into WW I, causing the death of 1,385,300 Frenchmen.  Basically assaulting machine gun nests without any real strategy other than attrition.  This failed previously during the Franco-Prussian war where the German "needle" gun (rifle) was very effective in creating kill zones.  By 1940 the French were all out of Elan.  President Macron is now the only Frenchman "ave des balles".  Not claiming much, he only took over after Frau Merkel finally lost "ihre Eier".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 14, 2019, 06:43:34 PM
Bunlarda o nüanslar bile yok be yeğen.

I used my captured Enigma machine to decode your messages ;-)

Yes, humor is very hard to translate, it is cultural and time specific.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 13, 2019, 09:18:54 PM
Part of the "Nine Billion Names Of God" ... Arthur C Clarke.  Once I have posted enough to this forum, then by gematria, the last name of G-d will be reached, and then existence blinks out.  Ah ...

Read it.  Can't discuss it though...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!