Mistaken Tomb of Diagoras of Rhodes

Started by drunkenshoe, August 15, 2019, 04:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 03:48:45 AM
You are a domesticated tabby, not an alley cat.  Does your collar have a bell?

I live alone by free will and always have.  Do you really think I have a collar?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 03:57:54 AM
I live alone by free will and always have.  Do you really think I have a collar?

Those who think they are free, are the most enslaved.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 03:58:28 AM
Those who think they are free, are the most enslaved.

Let's see, I stopped dating 30 years ago, live alone, control every minute of my life, slepp when I want, eat when (and what) and answer to no one.  Nope, no collar.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 04:01:02 AM
Let's see, I stopped dating 30 years ago, live alone, control every minute of my life, slepp when I want, eat when (and what) and answer to no one.  Nope, no collar.

Your cats disagree.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 04:05:33 AM
Your cats disagree.

The cats know I have the only thumbs in the house and the house isn't filled with mice to catch.  But they have claws.  We respect each other.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 11:57:00 PM
Ooh, it had to be a PhD in Education and I just insulted that.  Nothing personal and I bet your daughter is one of the good ones.  May I be forgiven?
I did not take it personally--not even for a second.  I would have handled the ed. phd's just as you did.  She is a sharp woman--sharper than me by a mile.  But I don't get my feathers ruffled by what people think of educational admin--never liked them much when I was a teacher, either.  Which means, when I had a good one, I appreciated them all the more.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 10:50:55 PM
We used to drive them crazy by never referring to them as "Doctor". 

I might've said "Eh, what's up doc?" But that joke gets old pretty quickly.

:-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 03:41:25 AM
Well, I used to refer to my female cats as "girlcats" until a couple of women bloggers objected.  So, I'm more sensitive to that now.
I refer to Althea as my 'Feline Overlady' (as opposed to Overlord).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 28, 2019, 07:40:33 PM
I refer to Althea as my 'Feline Overlady' (as opposed to Overlord).

You should become a cat-blogger...  You would fit right in.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 03:40:47 AM
You should become a cat-blogger...  You would fit right in.
I have begun scripting a science appreciation podcast called "Every Cat's Guide to Things" of which Althea will be the face and my virtual Greek chorus (or front right theater seats).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan