News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Harry Potter magic is REAL!

Started by Hydra009, September 02, 2019, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 05, 2019, 01:54:25 PM
Dumbass, reading a post cold is not the same as cold reading.

Why am I a dumb ass? You wrote: "Cold reading your posts makes me want to sent you the contact info for a mental health facility."

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 05, 2019, 02:12:28 PM
Why am I a dumb ass? You wrote: "Cold reading your posts makes me want to sent you the contact info for a mental health facility."

Yes, fuckuts, and I said nothing about psychic readings. Your reading misapprehensions demonstrate a very weak education.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 05, 2019, 02:32:04 PM
Yes, fuckuts, and I said nothing about psychic readings. Your reading misapprehensions demonstrate a very weak education.

You didn't need to. Your line didn't make any sense to begin with. Anyone could have taken it that way. It has nothing to do with education, but a misunderstanding at most. Why are you so bitter? 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 06, 2019, 04:44:51 AM
You didn't need to. Your line didn't make any sense to begin with. Anyone could have taken it that way. It has nothing to do with education, but a misunderstanding at most. Why are you so bitter? 
LOL
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 03, 2019, 02:01:25 PM
Not drinking until the sun was over the yardarm was a Royal Navy rule of thumb.

I think it was WC Fields who once said he never touched liquor before 5 PM, but it was always 5pm somewhere. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 06, 2019, 09:56:50 PM
I think it was WC Fields who once said he never touched liquor before 5 PM, but it was always 5pm somewhere. 
ID this one:

"Sir, if you were my husband I'd serve you poison."

"Madame, if you were my wife I'd drink it."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 07, 2019, 10:18:40 AM
ID this one:

Churchill to Lady Astor?  At that time, only woman in Parliament.  She being born American.  And he being born half American.  No wonder the British lost their compass ;-)  Kick women out of Parliament, back to the home, making tea and scones ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on September 06, 2019, 09:56:50 PM

I think he also said that he never drinks water, because fish fuck in it. LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

ID this one:

Sounds like something Groucho Marx would've said. Churchill should've been in pictures! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 07, 2019, 01:48:45 PM
Sounds like something Groucho Marx would've said. Churchill should've been in pictures! LOL

He was the most Drama Queen of British politicians.  He did take politics as his "stage".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

ID this one:

When Nancy Astor, Britain's first female MP, told Sir Winston Churchill that: "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee," Churchill famously replied: "Nancy, if I were your husband I would drink it."

Except that he did not say it, according to Boris Johnson, who writes in a new book on the wartime leader that it is one of many one-liners wrongly attributed to the great man.

The put-down first appeared in a joke of the day column in the Chicago Tribune in 1900, almost 40 years before Churchill's supposed exchange with Mrs Astor.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 07, 2019, 06:32:13 PM
When Nancy Astor, Britain's first female MP, told Sir Winston Churchill that: "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee," Churchill famously replied: "Nancy, if I were your husband I would drink it."

Except that he did not say it, according to Boris Johnson, who writes in a new book on the wartime leader that it is one of many one-liners wrongly attributed to the great man.

The put-down first appeared in a joke of the day column in the Chicago Tribune in 1900, almost 40 years before Churchill's supposed exchange with Mrs Astor.

But Boris is the anti-Christ ... according the the Worldwide Left Empire.

I read that whole book.  Hilarious.  Under the category of ... "if he didn't say it, he should have".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 07, 2019, 06:46:37 PM
But Boris is the anti-Christ ... according the the Worldwide Left Empire.

I read that whole book.  Hilarious.  Under the category of ... "if he didn't say it, he should have".
Like--Let them eat cake.  Not said either.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 07, 2019, 10:07:34 PM
Like--Let them eat cake.  Not said either.

Let them eat brioche ... like a honey bun.  Stuff your gob, you sans culottes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.