News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Harry Potter magic is REAL!

Started by Hydra009, September 02, 2019, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Catholic pastor removes Harry Potter books from school library after consulting vatican exorcists

QuoteA Roman Catholic school in Tennessee has banished JK Rowling's universally popular series of Harry Potter novels from its library shelves after its pastor took exception to their portrayal of magic, warning the spells and curses the author describes are real and “risk conjuring evil spirits” when read.

Quote“These books present magic as both good and evil, which is not true, but in fact a clever deception. The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text,” the Reverend Reehill wrote, apparently in all seriousness

I think this guy's mom cast stupify on herself when she was pregnant with him.  :P

Also, I've gotta say, all that these people are doing by literally demonizing this stuff is making it a hundred times cooler.

Children's book with a cliched chosen one plotline set in a world of wizardry: meh, it's alright

Children's book that shows you how to cast spells in real life: sign me the hell up!

Sorting hat, do your thing!  (Please not Hufflepuff, please not Hufflepuff)

Gawdzilla Sama

There is plenty of magic in the Bible. Including evil magic where plagues of locust are called up, rivers are turned to blood, cattle die, and the first born of selected groups are killed.

However, if you actually read the HP books you'll note that they observe Christmas and Easter.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Well, in a way it is real.

We all are in early stages. Harry Potter is a fairy tale of a bunch kids and a community beating some variant of Nazis in small scale.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 02, 2019, 12:00:53 PMHowever, if you actually read the HP books you'll note that they observe Christmas and Easter.
So, the Halfblood Prince of Nazareth is canon?

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 02, 2019, 02:40:26 PMHarry Potter is a fairy tale of a bunch kids and a community beating some variant of Nazis in small scale.
Promotes intolerance towards conservatives.  Got it.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 02, 2019, 03:58:56 PM
Yeah, and they do some bad things too.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

No. As you perfecctly know.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 02, 2019, 06:46:40 PM
Okay, tell me why I'm a fucking moron.
You know what- you don't-  But somehow you would. ...

I apologise, sweety. But really, you know

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 02, 2019, 06:59:03 PM
You know what- you don't-  But somehow you would. ...

I apologise, sweety. But really, you know

You need to have a nice chat with a professional.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Nazis aren't conservative.  They are competitive progressive ... competitive with Stalinist progressive.  Conservative would be return to monarchy in Germany/Russia.

This is just more "I hate "conservative" as a trigger" therefore if I also dislike potatoes, then potatoes are conservative.  How "atheist" is a cuss word without substance.

Americans were originally progressive, same as France.  But the problem with progressivism is that people want acceleration to utopia, right now!

We differ on what utopia is.  Union in the US Civil War?  Confederacy was conservative.  Aryan master race?  New Soviet man?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 02, 2019, 04:35:08 PM
Yeah, and they do some bad things too.

FDR did bad things.  The question who is doing what to whom.  You want no bad things?  Back to the pram with you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.