Author Topic: Harry Potter magic is REAL!  (Read 2262 times)

Offline drunkenshoe

Re: Harry Potter magic is REAL!
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2019, 02:12:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Dumbass, reading a post cold is not the same as cold reading.

Why am I a dumb ass? You wrote: "Cold reading your posts makes me want to sent you the contact info for a mental health facility."

'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while ı was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 02:32:04 PM »
Why am I a dumb ass? You wrote: "Cold reading your posts makes me want to sent you the contact info for a mental health facility."

Yes, fuckuts, and I said nothing about psychic readings. Your reading misapprehensions demonstrate a very weak education.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2019, 04:44:51 AM »
Yes, fuckuts, and I said nothing about psychic readings. Your reading misapprehensions demonstrate a very weak education.

You didn't need to. Your line didn't make any sense to begin with. Anyone could have taken it that way. It has nothing to do with education, but a misunderstanding at most. Why are you so bitter? 
'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while ı was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2019, 06:11:53 AM »
You didn't need to. Your line didn't make any sense to begin with. Anyone could have taken it that way. It has nothing to do with education, but a misunderstanding at most. Why are you so bitter? 
LOL
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2019, 09:56:50 PM »
Not drinking until the sun was over the yardarm was a Royal Navy rule of thumb.

I think it was WC Fields who once said he never touched liquor before 5 PM, but it was always 5pm somewhere. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2019, 10:18:40 AM »
I think it was WC Fields who once said he never touched liquor before 5 PM, but it was always 5pm somewhere. 
ID this one:

"Sir, if you were my husband I'd serve you poison."

"Madame, if you were my wife I'd drink it."
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 11:05:55 AM »
ID this one:

Churchill to Lady Astor?  At that time, only woman in Parliament.  She being born American.  And he being born half American.  No wonder the British lost their compass ;-)  Kick women out of Parliament, back to the home, making tea and scones ;-)
Zampa xiquihto.  Amo nimitzcuamachilia.
Say it again.  I don't understand you.

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »

I think he also said that he never drinks water, because fish fuck in it. LOL
“Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written; I'd rather boast about the ones I've read.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »
ID this one:

Sounds like something Groucho Marx would've said. Churchill should've been in pictures! LOL
“Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written; I'd rather boast about the ones I've read.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Baruch

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
Sounds like something Groucho Marx would've said. Churchill should've been in pictures! LOL

He was the most Drama Queen of British politicians.  He did take politics as his "stage".

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2019, 06:32:13 PM »
ID this one:

When Nancy Astor, Britain's first female MP, told Sir Winston Churchill that: "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee," Churchill famously replied: "Nancy, if I were your husband I would drink it."

Except that he did not say it, according to Boris Johnson, who writes in a new book on the wartime leader that it is one of many one-liners wrongly attributed to the great man.

The put-down first appeared in a joke of the day column in the Chicago Tribune in 1900, almost 40 years before Churchill's supposed exchange with Mrs Astor.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Baruch

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
When Nancy Astor, Britain's first female MP, told Sir Winston Churchill that: "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee," Churchill famously replied: "Nancy, if I were your husband I would drink it."

Except that he did not say it, according to Boris Johnson, who writes in a new book on the wartime leader that it is one of many one-liners wrongly attributed to the great man.

The put-down first appeared in a joke of the day column in the Chicago Tribune in 1900, almost 40 years before Churchill's supposed exchange with Mrs Astor.

But Boris is the anti-Christ ... according the the Worldwide Left Empire.

I read that whole book.  Hilarious.  Under the category of ... "if he didn't say it, he should have".

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2019, 10:07:34 PM »
But Boris is the anti-Christ ... according the the Worldwide Left Empire.

I read that whole book.  Hilarious.  Under the category of ... "if he didn't say it, he should have".
Like--Let them eat cake.  Not said either.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2019, 06:19:10 AM »
But still fun.
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2019, 06:20:57 AM »
Like--Let them eat cake.  Not said either.

Let them eat brioche ... like a honey bun.  Stuff your gob, you sans culottes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk