News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Evolution Forced

Started by aitm, June 02, 2019, 02:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aileron on August 05, 2019, 03:50:14 PM
Pronghorns are colloquially called antelope, but they're not in that family. Antelope have antlers and pronghorns have, well, horns. Their closest living relatives are giraffes.

Didn't know that. Apparently pronghorn are more closely related to giraffe than to antelope. Learn something new everyday.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Giraffes. Well, that explains the running skills.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: aileron on August 05, 2019, 03:50:14 PM
Pronghorns are colloquially called antelope, but they're not in that family. Antelope have antlers and pronghorns have, well, horns. Their closest living relatives are giraffes.

Wow!  I checked that.

"Antelopes are not a cladistic or taxonomically defined group. The term is used to describe all members of the family Bovidae that do not fall under the category of sheep, cattle, or goats".  That includes Giraffes.  I would not have guessed they weren't a sort of deer.

Kudos to Aileron...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 05, 2019, 02:29:24 PM
I'm not sure about much of anything, but I heard that humans can just keep going and going and going, until the prey drops. As long as they don't lose it, they can chase it down slowly, especially if they've already wounded it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting#In_humans

Natural super-marathoners.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.