Translated Article: Pastor threatens animal-shelter employees with riot gun

Started by Mr.Obvious, August 15, 2019, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Pastor threatens animal-shelter employees coming to collect neglected animals: “He wanted to bring out his riot gun.”

GINGELOM/HEUSDEN-ZOLDER â€" During a seizure of neglected animals, the employees of an animal-shelter were threatened by a pastor serving at the Limburgse Montenaken. “If even one animal goes, I'm bringing out my riot gun, he said”, says Rudi Oyen from the shelter. “Luckily the police were there to confiscate the weapon.” The man says this was no exception. “I wear a bulletproof vest for protection.”

The past week the personnel of the Bird- and mammal shelter at Heusden-Zolder has gone out to seize neglected animals, at numerous locations. “You can't imagine in what dire circumstances people sometimes allow their pets to live”, says Rudi Oyen, the driving force of the shelter. “And when the police, for example, ascertains that the bottom of their cage is covered in thirty centimeters of feces, we are brought in to evacuate the animals immeadiately.”

But said evacuating oftens sounds easier than it proves to be. “Very often we see things going out of control when we arrive on the scene”, says Oyen. “We perform our task in a serene manner, but we get yelled at often, and physically besieged harrassed too.” The man was once attacked with metal bars. “And an angry man once drove a pitch fork through the rear window of my jeep while I was behind the wheel. I barely managed to dive out of the way.”
Often angry owners come by to reclaim their animal(s). “Then they come and stirr things up, sometimes armed and sometimes with a gang. That's why I wear a bulletproof vest whenever I supervise.”

Pastor

The most recent incident happened on tuesday, the 6th of august. Then Oyen and his people were called in to take hold of seven birds â€" parrots, parakeets and a cockatoo â€" and seven gold fish at the pastor at Montenaken, a submunicipality of Gingelom.The man was already known at the shelter, because in 2008 they already seized a couple of seriously neglected animals.
“The police had already been on the scene for a while, but as soon as I entered the building, he started issuing threats”, says Oyen. “If even one animal goes, I'm bringing out my riot gun, he said. You would expect a pastor to behave more decently than that, but clearly he didn't . The police heard this, searched his home and confiscated the weapon. This allowed us to perform our mission in relative safety.

Offical Reports

The police confiscated the weapon and submitted an official report against the pastor, confirms Evy Lennerst of police-zone Sint-Truiden-Gingelom-Nieuwekerken. “It is now up to the prosecutors office to take further steps.”
“I found it striking that a pastor had such a weapon at home”, says Oyen. “Oughtn’t he be waving around holy water instead?”
Oyen himself was convicted in april of this year for scaring off the angry owners of a foal from his property with use of a riot gun.
The pastor himself was not attainable for comment.

source: https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190814_04558946
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

So Europe isn't boring after all?  It is going to get a lot less boring, soon ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on August 16, 2019, 01:25:52 AM
So Europe isn't boring after all?  It is going to get a lot less boring, soon ;-(

You'd almost understand why the Brits want to leave.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

Some of the Brits want to leave, because someone filled their heads with lies and promises.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 16, 2019, 01:46:09 PM
Some of the Brits want to leave, because someone filled their heads with lies and promises.

Whatever happen to fish and chip...

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 16, 2019, 06:53:09 AM
You'd almost understand why the Brits want to leave.

Well I try to be more even handed.  I have both hands after all (no industrial accidents).  I figure the EU was trying to do what it thought was best.  So was GB in 1975/1992.  Unfortunately like teen lovers, they are ending up as Romeo and Juliet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 16, 2019, 01:46:09 PM

That is all they have, lies and promises.  That is what politics is, and why I oppose it.  Tell me no lies, and make me no promises, and I would vote even for you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 16, 2019, 03:54:03 PM
Whatever happen to fish and chip...

Feminists - that is misogyny
Leftists - that is racist
Muslims - that isn't halal
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 16, 2019, 05:42:06 PM
Feminists - that is misogyny
Leftists - that is racist
Muslims - that isn't halal

Chinese - we've got that...

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 16, 2019, 06:25:33 PM
Chinese - we've got that...

Roast pork and peppers, right?  Every Summer I slow-cook a large pork shoulder on the smoker.  Lasts me 2 months all cubed and packed into 4 oz ziplocks.  Its the baby bok choy that is sometimes hard to find out of season.  Those leaves are the best for shrimp rolls. and spicy hot stir fries.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!