Mistaken Tomb of Diagoras of Rhodes

Started by drunkenshoe, August 15, 2019, 04:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 02:57:59 AM
Like Trump, you just can't help tossing in an insult at the end. 

You seem to be obsessed with the idea that just because I'm a Yankee of the 1900s, I must be Puritan of the 1600s.  Far from it.

Shit people should be shit upon.  Puritans are nasty fuckers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 24, 2019, 04:58:45 PM
Yours are usually either criticisms or bad jokes.
Baruch has a BS in b.s., and now he's working towards his doctorate.

:-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 27, 2019, 01:15:50 PM

MS actually.  My PhD thesis will be "On the Delusions of Liberals … Can Electroshock Help?"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 27, 2019, 01:15:50 PM

Yes--and that is what I meant by 'piled higher and deeper'
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Y'all can trade being the lead character in "Despicable Me" … I will play the Minions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 27, 2019, 07:19:06 PM
Yes--and that is what I meant by 'piled higher and deeper'

Where I worked once we controlled conference office schedules and a small part of the building was occupied by the Dept of Education.  And they were all PhDs.  We used to drive them crazy by never referring to them as "Doctor". 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 10:50:55 PM
Where I worked once we controlled conference office schedules and a small part of the building was occupied by the Dept of Education.  And they were all PhDs.  We used to drive them crazy by never referring to them as "Doctor".
My daughter would be a bit irritated with you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 27, 2019, 10:53:38 PM
My daughter would be a bit irritated with you.

A PhD I assume, and much respect to her for the accomplishment.  But when you meet too many of them and they seem about the same in knowledge, the shine wears thin. 

I had a co-worker (outside of her specialty) once who made a big deal of it.  In OUR office skill set she was dumb as a box of rocks (OK I'll be polite "below average").  The first day she made a big deal of her degree.  The next day, I handed her a business card I created at home saying I was "Emperor Of The Universe" or some nonsense like that and demanded she use the title when addressing me. 

She stopped mentioning her title after that.  Now, for all I know she went on to make a $million per year elsewhere...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 11:05:47 PM
A PhD I assume, and much respect to her for the accomplishment.  But when you meet too many of them and they seem about the same in knowledge, the shine wears thin. 

I had a co-worker (outside of her specialty) once who made a big deal of it.  In OUR office skill set she was dumb as a box of rocks (OK I'll be polite "below average").  The first day she made a big deal of her degree.  The next day, I handed her a business card I created at home saying I was "Emperor Of The Universe" or some nonsense like that and demanded she use the title when addressing me. 

She stopped mentioning her title after that.  Now, for all I know she went on to make a $million per year elsewhere...
Yes, I do respect her accomplishment.  She is the first of our clan to have gotten one.  Hell, I was the first to have graduated from college--and she zipped right through that.  All that degree means is that she has a firm grasp on the thoughts and tenements of the US education system plus she is an expert on one narrow area of education.  Yes, I am proud of her!

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 27, 2019, 11:47:25 PM
Yes, I do respect her accomplishment.  She is the first of our clan to have gotten one.  Hell, I was the first to have graduated from college--and she zipped right through that.  All that degree means is that she has a firm grasp on the thoughts and tenements of the US education system plus she is an expert on one narrow area of education.  Yes, I am proud of her!

Ooh, it had to be a PhD in Education and I just insulted that.  Nothing personal and I bet your daughter is one of the good ones.  May I be forgiven?

Baruch

Yeah.  Divided opinion.  My handicapped daughter is a human on a human scale.  A fine person.  Has plenty of room to grow.  Or she would be a Sequoia tree, topping the world, with no room to grow.  In that case, I would be tempted (only tempted) to chop her ego down to size.  Women are already perfect, all of them.  A great woman is … beyond impossible.  My ex is like that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 03:13:40 AM
Yeah.  Divided opinion.  My handicapped daughter is a human on a human scale.  A fine person.  Has plenty of room to grow.  Or she would be a Sequoia tree, topping the world, with no room to grow.  In that case, I would be tempted (only tempted) to chop her ego down to size.  Women are already perfect, all of them.  A great woman is … beyond impossible.  My ex is like that.

And elsewhere you referred to women as "girls"...  Interesting compartmentalization.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 03:25:28 AM
And elsewhere you referred to women as "girls"...  Interesting compartmentalization.

The only correct pronoun is It.  We are all evil space clowns.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 03:32:14 AM
The only correct pronoun is It.  We are all evil space clowns.

Well, I used to refer to my female cats as "girlcats" until a couple of women bloggers objected.  So, I'm more sensitive to that now. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 03:41:25 AM
Well, I used to refer to my female cats as "girlcats" until a couple of women bloggers objected.  So, I'm more sensitive to that now.

You are a domesticated tabby, not an alley cat.  Does your collar have a bell?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.