News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

About a mile of pot

Started by PopeyesPappy, August 14, 2019, 07:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Hemp anyway. There's a big commercial farm on the way to work. Big for around here anyway. They mostly grow the usual cash crop suspects wheat, corn, soybeans, and cotton. Until this summer anyway. They put a second crop into one of the big fields after they harvested the spring wheat. It's just now getting big enough to tell what it is from the road and it's definitely hemp. That wasn't legal here until very recently, and I'm having a hard time getting used to seeing acres and acres and acres of pot plants every morning on my way to work.

Here's the field. It's about a square mile.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

josephpalazzo

The pot industry is estimated at $100 billions worldwide. And it will grow as more countries are legalizing it.

Shiranu

Hemp =/= pot.

If pot is worth hundreds of billions, I cant even imagine how much hemp must be worth. It is literally a wonder-material with practical applications from lightweight clothing to high durability rope, piercing resistant sheets to food source.

Hemp by itself could be a massive step in reducing global pollution and the sooner everyone realises that, the much better off the planet will be.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PopeyesPappy

Yea it's not pot. If it has more than trace amounts of THC they are required to destroy it. Before they can grow it they have to have an approved testing program and a disposal plan. Modern hemp has even been selectively bred to have even less THC than it had just a few years ago. But hemp and marijuana are closely related, and it's sure hard to tell the difference when you are driving by at 50 mph. 
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aileron

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 07:53:45 PM
The pot industry is estimated at $100 billions worldwide. And it will grow as more countries are legalizing it.
heheheh

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 14, 2019, 08:54:05 PM
Yea it's not pot. If it has more than trace amounts of THC they are required to destroy it. Before they can grow it they have to have an approved testing program and a disposal plan. Modern hemp has even been selectively bred to have even less THC than it had just a few years ago. But hemp and marijuana are closely related, and it's sure hard to tell the difference when you are driving by at 50 mph.

Genetic modification will take care of that.  Until the pot plants turn into triffids.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Non-THC hemp makes good rope.  And probably something else...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 14, 2019, 08:54:05 PM

In some places, legalization of hemp is a first step to legalization of pot, which is great news for cannabis growers.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 16, 2019, 08:38:14 AM
In some places, legalization of hemp is a first step to legalization of pot, which is great news for cannabis growers.

I happily bought and smoked grass in college 69-72.  Ignored it after that.  But I sure would like some grass brownies legally.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 05:42:48 AM
I happily bought and smoked grass in college 69-72.  Ignored it after that.  But I sure would like some grass brownies legally.
Come on over--I have a freezer baggie full--am willing to share.  And it is legal.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2019, 09:12:01 AM
Come on over--I have a freezer baggie full--am willing to share.  And it is legal.

I appreciate the offer.