I wrote a text-only article on how to make your drawings better

Started by PickelledEggs, March 28, 2019, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

https://medium.com/@stephen.yavorski/lets-play-a-game-your-canvas-is-now-a-just-a-puzzle-3a6839c8384b

The idea is to help people understand drawing on a more analytical level. I've seen many people drastically improve their drawings and paintings, upon practicing this thought process.

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 28, 2019, 12:05:49 PM
https://medium.com/@stephen.yavorski/lets-play-a-game-your-canvas-is-now-a-just-a-puzzle-3a6839c8384b

The idea is to help people understand drawing on a more analytical level. I've seen many people drastically improve their drawings and paintings, upon practicing this thought process.

I had to think about that for a bit.  I can't draw worth a damn anyway IRL, and I can't on the computer programs like Photoshop Elements (you should see me struggling with the mouse to form a circle or a heart, LOL!).  So the whole idea of actually doing anything arty on the monitor is baffling.

What exactly does one DO on the monitor to create freehand art anyway.  Or am I not even even asking the right question?  I've always been curious about how that is done.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Cavebear on March 29, 2019, 02:18:25 AM
I had to think about that for a bit.  I can't draw worth a damn anyway IRL, and I can't on the computer programs like Photoshop Elements (you should see me struggling with the mouse to form a circle or a heart, LOL!).  So the whole idea of actually doing anything arty on the monitor is baffling.

What exactly does one DO on the monitor to create freehand art anyway.  Or am I not even even asking the right question?  I've always been curious about how that is done.
I'm confused. I didn't mention anywhere that this is a digital thing... lol

Drawing digitally with a tablet is the same as drawing on paper, though....  if that is what you are asking? and the process is the same, therefore my article can help you figure out the process