News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Blame video games!

Started by Hydra009, August 05, 2019, 02:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

If throwing a puck on some ice, or throwing a dart, or throwing a frisbee are sports, then pretty much anything can be a sport.

That's beside the point, though.  The point is agreeing to do something then cowardly not doing it because public opinion shifted ever so slightly (has the public's opinion of video games shifted recently?  Literally everyone I've talked to thinks this is BS.  Granted, none of them are tv executives or soccer moms)

drunkenshoe

That's because gamer women are still too young to be 'soccer moms'. When the generations pass, this will be ridiculous. Because everyone will be a some sort of a gamer when young.

The people who haven't played any new high tech games in their lives are still in charge at lot of high places, lol. Think about that. Just when the young gamers today become grandpas and grandmas it will have an effect, and that generation will also get in in big positions.

Social media; facebook, you tube, instagram, twitter...etc is still too young for the world to get used to. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Sal1981

it's called e-sports, so. For comparison: I don't consider chess, strictly speaking, a sport.

Hydra009

...and that's the Nintendo section.

This is like taking down the Beatles albums and keeping up the Charles Manson posters.

aileron

So much stupid in this country. Maybe we need to start multiplying votes by IQ points.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Mike Cl

Quote from: aileron on August 10, 2019, 08:25:26 PM
So much stupid in this country. Maybe we need to start multiplying votes by IQ points.
Too bad I can't 'like' this three or four times!  I gave them a title--SFA (stupid fucking americans)--and they are legion!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aileron

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 10, 2019, 08:47:26 PM
Too bad I can't 'like' this three or four times!  I gave them a title--SFA (stupid fucking americans)--and they are legion!

Years ago a comedian had a bit about making stupid people wear signs around their necks so save time. "Excuse me, sir, can you tell me how to get to the... Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't see your sign."

Now they have the courtesy to identify themselves by wearing red hats.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Baruch

Bill Engvall.  We used to repeat his jokes at work, LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjelRDKHUk
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I don't play violent video games.  But when I was a child back in the 60s, we watched violent TV shows and played violent games among ourselves.  We whacked each other with wooden swords. Shot each other with cap guns, and played a game where whoever picked up the football was attacked by everyone else.  It was called "Smear The Queer".

And none of us did anything violent in later years...  Violent games do not make violent people. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 04:11:13 AM
I don't play violent video games.  But when I was a child back in the 60s, we watched violent TV shows and played violent games among ourselves.  We whacked each other with wooden swords. Shot each other with cap guns, and played a game where whoever picked up the football was attacked by everyone else.  It was called "Smear The Queer".

And none of us did anything violent in later years...  Violent games do not make violent people.

i had a cap gun too, of course.  But the caps ran out too quick!  Caused me to shoot up dozens of WalMarts, not!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.