News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 07:10:31 PM
The cockroaches will too.  Being tropical insects, they actually depend on our warm apartments.
In non-tropical climates, yes. But the sheep will be the big losers when we go.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2019, 07:17:54 PM
In non-tropical climates, yes. But the sheep will be the big losers when we go.

Think about this.  Dogs will vanish and cats will hardly notice we are gone.  Those that aren't locked inside anyway...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 07:24:49 PM
Think about this.  Dogs will vanish and cats will hardly notice we are gone.  Those that aren't locked inside anyway...
Dogs will go feral, mix with coyotes and wolves. We'll get labradoodles that stalk bison.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2019, 07:27:10 PM
Dogs will go feral, mix with coyotes and wolves. We'll get labradoodles that stalk bison.

Have you ever watched 'Life After People'?

Unbeliever

I had a book some decades ago called "50 Million Years After Man." I'll have to check out the one you mentioned.

[edit]
I see there's s lot of that at youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=life+after+people

[/edit]
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 31, 2019, 07:31:57 PM
I had a book some decades ago called "50 Million Years After Man." I'll have to check out the one you mentioned.

Its a great series of DVDs.  Not why we vanish, just what would happen if we did suddenly.  I greatly recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Bodies-Left-Behind/dp/B010HE2INA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27MNYS2ISK5CW&keywords=life+after+people&qid=1567294531&s=gateway&sprefix=life+after+people%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-1

Mike Cl

Odessa Texas. 5 dead--21 injured.  Dust not settled yet, but one shooter--white male about 30--was killed.  Reports of people in cars shooting; a US Postal van was hijacked; a college is locked down. 

I was wondering when this would happen.  White males simply taking their rifles and shooting at nobody in particular and those with dark skin.  And that fucking orange evil bastard is still in office. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 31, 2019, 07:37:54 PM
Odessa Texas. 5 dead--21 injured.  Dust not settled yet, but one shooter--white male about 30--was killed.  Reports of people in cars shooting; a US Postal van was hijacked; a college is locked down. 

I was wondering when this would happen.  White males simply taking their rifles and shooting at nobody in particular and those with dark skin.  And that fucking orange evil bastard is still in office.

Hate increases when encouraged...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 07:30:05 PM
Have you ever watched 'Life After People'?

Yep. Have you read The Earth Abides? I never give much credence to TV shows, they have no reason to be credible or rational.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2019, 07:47:23 PM
Yep. Have you read The Earth Abides? I never give much credence to TV shows, they have no reason to be credible or rational.

No, but I looked it up quickly.  It has a cause.  Life After People is just "we vanish" no reason.  And what happens on Earth after.   

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2019, 07:47:23 PM
One of my all time faves!  I very rarely re-read novels.  This one I've read twice--and since it has been over 30 years since I last read it, I'll have to dig up another copy!  On The Beach; Level 7 and Alas Babylon are also good reads about life after.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 31, 2019, 07:55:06 PM
One of my all time faves!  I very rarely re-read novels.  This one I've read twice--and since it has been over 30 years since I last read it, I'll have to dig up another copy!  On The Beach; Level 7 and Alas Babylon are also good reads about life after.

On The Beach was a great movie.  I don't know the other 2.

Unbeliever

I read On the Beach long ago. It was a lot like The Last Ship, another good read.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 31, 2019, 08:08:13 PM
I read On the Beach long ago. It was a lot like The Last Ship, another good read.

It now amazes me that one can read everything one can find and still miss so many good books.

Unbeliever

Yeah, so much to read, so little time!
God Not Found