#4 Unbeliever

Your new revised list.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 16, 2019, 12:53:16 AM
#1 Baruch
#2 Cavebear
#3 Joe
#4 Unbeliever

More or less how the recent traffic goes.  If you don't see more entries by X or Y, encourage them to post.

Your posts aren't very impressive lately, but I noticed this one. 

Yeah, you sure post a lot.  Of nonsense.

I think mine are usually more meaningful. 

I think Joe is a disappointment.

Unbeliever almost always makes good sense.

Do you have a 5-8?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 03:31:02 AM
Your posts aren't very impressive lately, but I noticed this one. 

Yeah, you sure post a lot.  Of nonsense.

I think mine are usually more meaningful. 

I think Joe is a disappointment.

Unbeliever almost always makes good sense.

Do you have a 5-8?

Been hibernating?  I was up at all hours before I retired.  Yes, almost always Unbeliever has sangfroid.  As I have discussed before, there is little reward for long or complex posts.  They aren't read by anyone.  Occasionally I will break out of the "mini-me" mode.  As far as meaning goes, this is an imperfect medium, everything chopped to pieces, the interrelationships unclear (like footnotes of footnotes with not text body).  But better than the old Vantage vanity publishing (they closed Jan 2013).  Joe has good physics, if you care for that.  Not Popular Science junk.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

"If you don't see more entries by X or Y, encourage them to post."

Quantity over quality. Vintage Baruch.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 06:14:24 AM
Been hibernating?  I was up at all hours before I retired.  Yes, almost always Unbeliever has sangfroid.  As I have discussed before, there is little reward for long or complex posts.  They aren't read by anyone.  Occasionally I will break out of the "mini-me" mode.  As far as meaning goes, this is an imperfect medium, everything chopped to pieces, the interrelationships unclear (like footnotes of footnotes with not text body).  But better than the old Vantage vanity publishing (they closed Jan 2013).  Joe has good physics, if you care for that.  Not Popular Science junk.

I suggest that your posts aren't read much.  Most people just ignore you.  And I'm learning to.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 07:32:16 AM
I suggest that your posts aren't read much.  Most people just ignore you.  And I'm learning to.

I feel the love.  I post so I read them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 06:14:24 AM

I (and others) read detailed posts.  That doesn't mean they have to be pages long of drivel.  But they should involve some facts.  When you use facts, your posts might regain some respect.

And that does suggest to me that I personally might try to be more concise sometimes...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 24, 2019, 02:19:00 PM
I (and others) read detailed posts.  That doesn't mean they have to be pages long of drivel.  But they should involve some facts.  When you use facts, your posts might regain some respect.

And that does suggest to me that I personally might try to be more concise sometimes...

Only with long drunkenshoe posts, those are the only ones I have a hard time reading.  Excepting the ones that are cryptically short of course (pr126 often just posted a video with[out] commentary).  Some just one word, a few are zero words.

"make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Albert Einstein

Yeah, like a believe you, Cavebear.  I almost never see any evidence of reading long posts (posted by anyone).  MikeCL will read an occasional post on how "Biblical Criticism" is done correctly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2019, 03:46:24 PM
Only with long drunkenshoe posts, those are the only ones I have a hard time reading.  Excepting the ones that are cryptically short of course (pr126 often just posted a video with commentary).  Some just one word, a few are zero words.

"make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Albert Einstein

Yeah, like a believe you, Cavebear.  I almost never see any evidence of reading long posts (posted by anyone).  MikeCL will read an occasional post on how "Biblical Criticism" is done correctly.

I read long posts when they make sense at the beginning. Few long posts do.  It's not like I need to read a few sentences from a crazed theist to ignore the rest, after all.  And as the brief-speaking royal fool as you usually are, I do appreciate your brevity.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 24, 2019, 05:11:51 PM
I read long posts when they make sense at the beginning. Few long posts do.  It's not like I need to read a few sentences from a crazed theist to ignore the rest, after all.  And as the brief-speaking royal fool as you usually are, I do appreciate your brevity.

Yeah, composition is ... random, on Internet things.  Proper composition, is time consuming.  I try to write once without re-writing.  Sorry for that, but this isn't a formal medium.  You will have to wear sandals, not wingtips.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2019, 08:07:53 PM
Yeah, composition is ... random, on Internet things.  Proper composition, is time consuming.  I try to write once without re-writing.  Sorry for that, but this isn't a formal medium.  You will have to wear sandals, not wingtips.

Well, I sometimes write long posts, but mostly fact-oriented ones in reply to some dumb idea.  By nature, I prefer short ones especially when the discussion is opinion like politics.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 24, 2019, 08:27:56 PM
Well, I sometimes write long posts, but mostly fact-oriented ones in reply to some dumb idea.  By nature, I prefer short ones especially when the discussion is opinion like politics.

I do the same.  I irritate, because when you look in the mirror, you see me ;-) ... sort of.  It is a nation/generation/gender thing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2019, 10:14:53 PM
I do the same.  I irritate, because when you look in the mirror, you see me ;-) ... sort of.  It is a nation/generation/gender thing.

Shades of Doonesbury...

Trudeau had one of the Nixon team beinng asked what he does in the morning  when he sees himself in the mirror.  The reply was "I shave".

But do rest assured that when I look at myself in the mirror every morning

1 I don't see you and 2  I have to pick a cat off my shoulder...  ;)

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 24, 2019, 10:23:01 PM
Shades of Doonesbury...

Trudeau had one of the Nixon team beinng asked what he does in the morning  when he sees himself in the mirror.  The reply was "I shave".

But do rest assured that when I look at myself in the mirror every morning

1 I don't see you and 2  I have to pick a cat off my shoulder...  ;)

Too bad your cat isn't a good killer ... (satire).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear