Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 07:23:34 AM
Wouldn't that be almost all of them?

I look for non-Baruch posts.  They are sometimes hard to find.  But I do look for them first.  Like now.
People will try to engage trolls, won't they.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 15, 2019, 09:20:18 AM
People will try to engage trolls, won't they.

I try not to.  I do look for other posts first.  But when the only discussion is with him or no one and I want to express myself, I'll take what I can get.  Sometimes he is "a useful foil"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 09:34:50 AM
I try not to.  I do look for other posts first.  But when the only discussion is with him or no one and I want to express myself, I'll take what I can get.  Sometimes he is "a useful foil"...
Sometimes called a chew toy.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 15, 2019, 09:40:15 AM
Sometimes called a chew toy.

Nice!  I'm a cat-person, and they bat stuff around more than they chew, but I understand.  Maybe my occasional indirectness reflects that.  ;)

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 10:07:59 AM
Nice!  I'm a cat-person, and they bat stuff around more than they chew, but I understand.  Maybe my occasional indirectness reflects that.  ;)
Cat, dog-----same idea.  They are good for a little exercise, but they do become boring fairly quickly.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 15, 2019, 10:48:47 AM
Cat, dog-----same idea.  They are good for a little exercise, but they do become boring fairly quickly.

"boring fairly quickly"?  Oh I am sorry to discover what you are missing out on.  But that is up to you, not me.

Personally, I find the idea of relatively wild animals (cats, not dogs) able to share my home relatively cleanly and rather "friendily" a source of constant amazement. 

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 11:22:30 AM
Thanks but one forum at a time is sufficient.    I did however print your list to look at.
I cycle through ~25 forums on a rotating basis. Some keep me engaged, other are just worth reading. You don't have to participate, of course, but there are many that would keep you amused.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 15, 2019, 12:14:03 PM
I cycle through ~25 forums on a rotating basis. Some keep me engaged, other are just worth reading. You don't have to participate, of course, but there are many that would keep you amused.

I couldn't keep up with all the people, and that matters to me.  I want at least a slight sense of community.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 09:34:50 AM
Sometimes he is "a useful foil"...

That's probably his head-wear of choice...

:-)

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 15, 2019, 01:30:01 PM

Oh man, that was really GOOD!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 15, 2019, 01:30:01 PM

The only explanation is that Baruch is secretly a Mormon...

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman