Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 10, 2019, 10:42:22 AM
Sorry about your losses.

On a different note: Are you saying that Irish is not white... blasphemy...
I was the Oirish in the mob.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 10, 2019, 11:58:19 AM
I would have drafted all the sons of all the congressmen/women and all govt. officials, first.

Admittedly, being young at that time, i have only come to the position of rejecting much of 1960s America, decades later.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aileron

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 10, 2019, 08:21:46 AM
You are wrong, Baruch. Among the enlisted ranks ...

Thank you, Popeye, beat me to it. Immediately after that error of fact, Baruch you conflate the war on poverty with the war on drugs. The war on poverty was LBJ, but the war on drugs was Nixon. Nixon's chief of staff admitted late in life it was motivated in part by racism. Get your facts straight.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 10, 2019, 11:31:02 AM

Yes, I would throw away fake democracy and fake citizens in a fake republic ...

There is no such thing as a perfect democracy. It's as good as its citizenry... and why education is of prime concern. But you've taken on the job to undermine it at every occasion. So your rebellious act is disingenuous to say the least.

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 10, 2019, 12:30:35 PM
Thank you, Popeye, beat me to it. Immediately after that error of fact, Baruch you conflate the war on poverty with the war on drugs. The war on poverty was LBJ, but the war on drugs was Nixon. Nixon's chief of staff admitted late in life it was motivated in part by racism. Get your facts straight.

All Americans All Racist All The Time ... support AOC now, or all go to Hell.

So you are saying that MJ was legal under LBJ?  As I recall, wasn't Reefer Madness from the 1930s?

Actual war on drugs goes back to 1890s .. they actually believed that Black men (there we go again) were drugging White women to sleep with them, creating miscegenation.  Nixon didn't do shit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 10, 2019, 12:32:59 PM

There is no such thing as a perfect democracy. It's as good as its citizenry... and why education is of prime concern. But you've taken on the job to undermine it at every occasion. So your rebellious act is disingenuous to say the least.

There is no perfect, period.  That is a distraction argument ... look over there!

Zoo animals shouldn't vote unless they are NYC penguins.  Humans can't be educated.  They are dumb animals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 10, 2019, 01:17:44 PM
Humans can't be educated.  They are dumb animals.

I would say that applies exactly to you.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 10, 2019, 03:12:19 PM
Zing!

Bats it away without effort.  Most people here are feeble old men.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aileron

Quote from: Baruch on August 10, 2019, 01:16:17 PM
All Americans All Racist All The Time ... support AOC now, or all go to Hell.

So you are saying that MJ was legal under LBJ?  As I recall, wasn't Reefer Madness from the 1930s?

Actual war on drugs goes back to 1890s .. they actually believed that Black men (there we go again) were drugging White women to sleep with them, creating miscegenation.  Nixon didn't do shit.

I've been away from the forums a while. It's taking me a while to discover who's beyond the reach of reason. My apologies.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on August 10, 2019, 11:23:36 AM
OK.  Wasn't claiming it was 100% Black men.  Are you claiming that LBJ was a good guy?  That his War on Drugs and War on Poverty were any better than his War on Gooks?  Black men didn't get draft deferments.  Whites did.  I would have drafted all the college boys, first.

I was disputing your claim that, "Most men sent to, and who died, in Vietnam, were Black men." It is just flat wrong. Not even close. The slightly higher rate that blacks served and died in Vietnam can be explained by white draft dodgers and/or higher volunteer rates for blacks. It didn't require any conscious effort by politicians to kill off the blacks.

As far as Johnson goes American involvement in Vietnam began under Truman when we were financing the French effort there. Our involvement escalated under Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon before the decision was made to abandon the effort.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aileron on August 10, 2019, 04:51:47 PM
I've been away from the forums a while. It's taking me a while to discover who's beyond the reach of reason. My apologies.
You have to have a English/Baruchistani dictionary handy.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 10, 2019, 04:51:47 PM

I have a "reason" to read your posts.  Am I being "unreasonable"?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 10, 2019, 05:55:09 PM
I was disputing your claim that, "Most men sent to, and who died, in Vietnam, were Black men." It is just flat wrong. Not even close. The slightly higher rate that blacks served and died in Vietnam can be explained by white draft dodgers and/or higher volunteer rates for blacks. It didn't require any conscious effort by politicians to kill off the blacks.

As far as Johnson goes American involvement in Vietnam began under Truman when we were financing the French effort there. Our involvement escalated under Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon before the decision was made to abandon the effort.

True ... George Washington was responsible, LBJ was just goin' with the flow ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.