News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 04:37:28 PM
Baited hook.  Cast bait, set hook, landed the fish...

I didn't get the joke.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 04:53:20 PM
I didn't get the joke.

You went off on "Armenian", as I expected...  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

You have the right to keep and bear Armenians.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on August 06, 2019, 03:45:23 PM
Not the point.  The point was, Lefists (not necessarily you) will ignore this violation of narrative.  You can't reinforce propaganda with broken narrative.  The proles might see thru it.

There are actual White Supremacists out there.  Just as there are actual anarchists and communists.  Nasty people all of them.  You can claim that some of those are worse than others, if you like.  So if my group is finds cantaloupe growers to be demonic ... then would I not accuse the shooters of being cantaloupe eaters?  This is why everything, even hemorrhoids, are now called racist.  There are in fact, no Wehrmacht marching down the street, or Red Army troops either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRRG43WBbig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g05cTZDhJac

Temporary allies.
If you want to make it into a dick measuring contest, then Communists win hands down in people killed. But in the west, fascists are (currently) on the rise. Despite what people would like to compare the two (like in the political horseshoe theory), they're not the same. Communists would you believe that that everyone is equal and the workers should own the means of production, etc.; while fascists drone on about a nation made for its chosen people (ethnonationalism) and that the state should get the whole rule of law over economic, political and social regimentation, etc.

The only thing in common is an overlapping authoritarian ideology at its foundation, pretty much everything else is different.

Which is more sinister? IMO, fascism.

josephpalazzo

It's not a binary choice: fascism or communism. The third choice is democracy with constitutional rights...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 05:43:07 PM
You went off on "Armenian", as I expected...  ;)

No, I didn't. I tried to give the basics so you wouldn't ask me the same thing for the 4th time. What I think or feel about all this is not some thing I am going to share with a perfect stranger online in 15 minutes,lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on August 08, 2019, 03:45:31 PM
i prefer nondescript-agenda
Yeah, but mono is the most accurate.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Unbeliever

People all over the world are being warned not to travel to America due to the danger of being shot.

Great for tourism!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

Naah, I typed 'don't travel to America' in google we trust, the result came up was 'Why don't Americans travel over seas...' (Seriously)

I found just one site: "Tourists Headed To The US Are Being Warned To Watch Out For Random Shootings"

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hayesbrown/foreign-tourists-warned-us-gun-violence

So, it is OK. But all Middle Easterns arecoming that way. :)

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 08, 2019, 07:37:22 PM
People all over the world are being warned not to travel to America due to the danger of being shot.

Great for tourism!

Tourism saves our military from having to go to their shit-ass countries to shoot them there.  Just going to have to send our military over there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 08, 2019, 06:19:17 PM
It's not a binary choice: fascism or communism. The third choice is democracy with constitutional rights...

We won't choose that.  Never have.  Ask our many victims.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 04:34:25 PM
It's OK. But first of all it is not Armenians, it is Armeanian Diaspora. Which is VERY different than Armenian people who have a lot to worry about, genocide is probbaly pretty down on the list.

If you are a historian you should know that Republic of Turkey didn't exist during the time of Armenian Genocide. Modern Turkish identity only exists in Hollywood movies in that period and the Ottoman Empire is often refered anochronistically as Turkey because Western audience don't recognise the name. Like in Amadeus for example. 

If you are curious. Exactly like almost all other Western countries, Turkey refuses to accept genocide, because they cannot afford to pay land or money. On the other hand Armenian Diaspora refuses to sue Turkey in court. Because it's a political game and they want to buy some thing more. And the politicians in other countries -France, America..etc- exploit their desires. May be you remember, once upon a time it meant some thing to 'recognise a genoicde'. Now it doesn't. For example a country passes a recognition and then call the prresident here and inform him that it offically means nothing concerning trade or politics.

The centenary of the genocide was the year everyone expected Obama to call it a 'genocide', not a massacre, but it didn't happen. I don't know why. But Obama is the first American president who apologised for the Mesoamerican Genocide and that was after Erdogan apologised for the Armenian 'massacre'.

You tell me. It's politics.

Both were massacred, at different times.  Arameans by Kurdish tribesmen a bit earlier.  The Armenians by Turkish forces in WW I.

Per Wiki, lets just call them Assyrians ... to avoid the confusion with Armenians OK?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_genocide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

As a result there are ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrianâ€"Chaldeanâ€"Syriac_diaspora

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_diaspora

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sylar

We have an ignorance epidemic in this country, spearheaded by the Republican Party, who are nothing but paid employees of the NRA and gun manufacturers. We use our military around the world to curb arm smuggling, yet our own government and legislators are engaged in arms dealing domestically. An irony with tragic consequences.

The El Paso shooter was fighting against the "Hispanic invasion of Texas"... Texas was founded by the Spanish, and named so by them. Texas is properly pronounced as Tejas. So many lives lost because of one dumb motherfucker. It's infuriating. Too many dumb motherfuckers I should say.

The Dayton shooting should put an end to the "good guy with a gun" argument (but of course it won't, who are we kidding). The shooter was shot by patrol 30 seconds after firing the first round. In 30 seconds, he murdered 9 people. That's 1 kill every 3 seconds. Even If there WAS anyone there with a concealed weapon, they have only 3 seconds to draw, aim, shoot, and kill. In an environment full of panic and screamingly terrified people, and loud gun noise. And logic says that a shooter who is locked, loaded, and ready to shoot with intent to kill has the tactical advantage over an unsuspecting family with one member carrying a concealed weapon. We're supposed to agree to endangering our lives because Hillbilly Bob wants to play fucking Rambo?
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

Democrats aren't woke.  They are the left hand version of Republicans (right hand majority).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.