News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on August 08, 2019, 02:56:42 PM
*gets offended due to sjw beliefs being triggered, proceeds to use a mental disability in a derogatory way to insult the one who triggered them*

how's it feel eating yourself?

I am living in the Middle East. I am not a sjw. I don't have a room to be a sjw in this country. I could be a human rights advocate the most. 

I am not trying to belittle the disabled people, I objectively believe that you are mentally disabled, because that's the only information you provided. 

Eating myself? You are the one who responded to that piece of news with that comment.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 02:46:49 PM
For the 10th time, it's Ottoman. Ottomans do not refer to themselves as Turks. Turks are commoners, plebs...

They did keep slaves and highly likely traded if not regularly. If it wasn't recorded, it doesn't exist. If it was recorded it wasn't studied or made open. It's just not possible.

But then besides 'the official slaves', tons of people were practically slaves in Ottoman Empire, who needed ships full of them from Africa? You don't need your skin to be black to be a slave. Turks -as in traditional Turks- are not black or even brown. That seems to be the fucking problem. Because most of them think they are white.

One way people show disrespect for details they don't care about much is by deliberately getting the identifications wrong.

My english peasant ancestors were land-fixed serfs.  Slaves.  Does that get me any consideration?  Hell no, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 08, 2019, 03:28:01 PM
Nah, just someone with a mono-agenda.

Ah no. I don't think he could read a book with a vocabulary more than 35 thousand words.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 03:31:10 PM
I am living in the Middle East. I am not a sjw. I don't have a room to be a sjw in this country. I could be a human rights advocate the most. 

I am not trying to belittle the disabled people, I objectively believe that you are mentally disabled, because that's the only information you provided. 

Eating myself? You are the one who responded to that piece of news with that comment.

I never quite know what to think of you.  You make sense half the time and then I have to do a Whhhaaaaattt? the others.  I'll bet you have really strong opinions about the Armenians...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 03:51:26 PM
I never quite know what to think of you.  You make sense half the time and then I have to do a Whhhaaaaattt? the others.  I'll bet you have really strong opinions about the Armenians...

LOL And whenever you don't know what to feel, you ask me about Armenians.

Cavebear, I don't think anything about Armenians. You keep asking me that, because the only thing you know baout Turkish people is  the Armenian Genocide.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 04:00:52 PM
LOL And whenever you don't know what to feel, you ask me about Armenians.

Cavebear, I don't think anything about Armenians. You keep asking me that, because the only thing you know baout Turkish people is  the Armenian Genocide.

My apologies.  Being a historian that's what comes to mind as a sore point to or about Turkish people.  That and invading SE Europe way before that.  And I don't have any skin in THAT one.

I'll probably do it again too.  ;(

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 02:35:30 PM
If you think Hollywood's going to 'die' that way, I am calling the girls to cancel the movement, because that is the mission.

Ever since "Reds" with Warren Beaty ... it has been clear.  "Antz" with ... ants.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 02:46:49 PM
For the 10th time, it's Ottoman. Ottomans do not refer to themselves as Turks. Turks are commoners, plebs...

They did keep slaves and highly likely traded if not regularly. If it wasn't recorded, it doesn't exist. If it was recorded it wasn't studied or made open. It's just not possible.

But then besides 'the official slaves', tons of people were practically slaves in Ottoman Empire, who needed ships full of them from Africa? You don't need your skin to be black to be a slave. Turks -as in traditional Turks- are not black or even brown. That seems to be the fucking problem. Because most of them think they are white.

Sorry.  I keep forgetting.  That name on the map, doesn't say Ottoman Empire anymore.  It says Turkey.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 03:34:28 PM
One way people show disrespect for details they don't care about much is by deliberately getting the identifications wrong.

My english peasant ancestors were land-fixed serfs.  Slaves.  Does that get me any consideration?  Hell no, LOL!

There are plenty of Turks, outside the Ottoman Empire.  I am including them too.  Are you defending Muslim jihadis now?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 03:51:26 PM

She does.  I think it is because her thoughts are more complicated than her fingers can type.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 04:10:27 PM
My apologies.  Being a historian that's what comes to mind as a sore point to or about Turkish people.  That and invading SE Europe way before that.  And I don't have any skin in THAT one.

Only the Ottomans did that, with couches no less.  The Turks are innocent ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 04:10:27 PM

It's OK. But first of all it is not Armenians, it is Armeanian Diaspora. Which is VERY different than Armenian people who have a lot to worry about, genocide is probbaly pretty down on the list.

If you are a historian you should know that Republic of Turkey didn't exist during the time of Armenian Genocide. Modern Turkish identity only exists in Hollywood movies in that period and the Ottoman Empire is often refered anochronistically as Turkey because Western audience don't recognise the name. Like in Amadeus for example. 

If you are curious. Exactly like almost all other Western countries, Turkey refuses to accept genocide, because they cannot afford to pay land or money. On the other hand Armenian Diaspora refuses to sue Turkey in court. Because it's a political game and they want to buy some thing more. And the politicians in other countries -France, America..etc- exploit their desires. May be you remember, once upon a time it meant some thing to 'recognise a genoicde'. Now it doesn't. For example a country passes a recognition and then call the prresident here and inform him that it offically means nothing concerning trade or politics.

The centenary of the genocide was the year everyone expected Obama to call it a 'genocide', not a massacre, but it didn't happen. I don't know why. But Obama is the first American president who apologised for the Mesoamerican Genocide and that was after Erdogan apologised for the Armenian 'massacre'.

You tell me. It's politics.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 04:34:25 PM
It's OK. But first of all it is not Armenians, it is Armeanian Diaspora. Which is VERY different than Armenian people who have a lot to worry about, genocide is probbaly pretty down on the list.

If you are a historian you should know that Republic of Turkey didn't exist during the time of Armenian Genocide. Modern Turkish identity only exists in Hollywood movies in that period and the Ottoman Empire is often refered anochronistically as Turkey because Western audience don't recognise the name. Like in Amadeus for example. 

If you are curious. Exactly like almost all other Western countries, Turkey refuses to accept genocide, because they cannot afford to pay land or money. On the other hand Armenian Diaspora refuses to sue Turkey in court. Because it's a political game and they want to buy some thing more. And the politicians in other countries -France, America..etc- exploit their desires. May be you remember, once upon a time it meant some thing to 'recognise a genoicde'. Now it doesn't. For example a country passes a recognition and then call the prresident here and inform him that it offically means nothing concerning trade or politics.

The centenary of the genocide was the year everyone expected Obama to call it a 'genocide', not a massacre, but it didn't happen. I don't know why. But Obama is the first American president who apologised for the Mesoamerican Genocide and that was after Erdogan apologised for the Armenian 'massacre'.

You tell me. It's politics.

Baited hook.  Cast bait, set hook, landed the fish...