News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 07:49:18 AM
South western US?  I thought you said a couple years ago that you worked for NASA on the East coast.

Confabulation my dear Cavebear.  Culturally I am SW American ... aka Texas to S California.  That applies even if I lived in Maine.  But I was born in El Paso.

My work for the last 22 years was for DoD.  I got to work for 3 days, on the Hubble (played hooky from my department), years before that.  That is all the Nasa I got to do ;-(  That was during my 20s, when I was otherwise working for DoD.  32 years as a DoD contractor in aerospace engineering and in medical computer system support (my various mentions are scattered all over my 33000 posts).

Retired, now I am preparing to move near my daughter in Farmington NM.  To worship like a Native American ;-)  Very SW American.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on August 07, 2019, 07:52:09 PM
nope, but its okay, white men are slowly being scrubbed out from film, tv and other western entertainment.

You are retarded. In the exact definition of the word.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 01:51:12 PM

He did satire.  You have no sense of humor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 07, 2019, 10:29:07 AM
Texas police at work with ingenious solutions. 'We arrested him for tresspasing, why don't we just cuff him and tie up with a rope so we could ride our horses.'  It was just bad judgement, they didn't have any 'malicious intent', the cop apologised, the tecnique is immediately banned. Would they do that to a white man? No, they wouldn't. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49253691

JFC.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Unbeliever

He thinks the inclusion of any actors who are not white is the "scrubbing out" of white actors.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Replacement fears seem so silly after the fact.  One might wonder what modern day French and English think about the Franks and Angles and Saxons who replaced the Romans...  More to the current day, the 1900s British-Americans had some real fears about the incoming Italians, Irish and Germans.  Does that bother anyone here now?

The standard experience in the US is that original immigrants try to keep their language, the children are bi-lingual and after that, you can't tell them from the Mayflower Pilgrims...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 08, 2019, 02:01:28 PM
He thinks the inclusion of any actors who are not white is the "scrubbing out" of white actors.

I think all moves should only have LBGT Hispanic-African actors in all roles ... so that Hollywood can die already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mermaid on August 08, 2019, 01:55:39 PM
JFC.

There is a group of Turkish people who moved to USA and have made a good living they can't have here, who expresses/d themselves looking that photograph as 'very suitable, because blacks always cause problems': Learned racism. There are also people who live in over here making similar comments: Exported racism. Because their skin is white. They are also too ignorant to get that their ancestors kept slaves or don't see it the same way. It's an American thing you see, lol.   

The American group is mostly white, educated, secular Turks. They are all Trump supporters. I wish you could kick them out. Oh you have no idea...

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 02:31:12 PM
There is a group of Turkish people who moved to USA and have made a good living they can't have here, who expresses/d themselves looking that photograph as 'very suitable, because blacks always cause problems': Learned racism. There are also people who live in over here making similar comments: Exported racism. Because their skin is white. They are also too ignorant to get that their ancestors kept slaves or don't see it the same way. It's an American thing you see, lol.   

The American group is mostly white, educated, secular Turks. They are all Trump supporters. I wish you could kick them out. Oh you have no idea...

Yes, Turks were never in the slave trade.  Nor the many civilizations of Anatolia before them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 02:27:00 PM
I think all moves should only have LBGT Hispanic-African actors in all roles ... so that Hollywood can die already.

If you think Hollywood's going to 'die' that way, I am calling the girls to cancel the movement, because that is the mission. 

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 02:31:12 PM

From the musical 'South Pacific...

"You've got to be taught
To hate
And fear
You've got to be taught
From year
To year
Its got to
Be drummed in your dear little ear
You've got to
Be carefully
Taught
You've got to be taught
To be
Afraid
Of people
Who's eyes are oddly made
And people who's skin is a different shade
You've got to
Be carefuly
Taught
You've got to be taught
Before it's too late
Before you are six
Or seven
Or eight
To hate all the people
Your relatives hate
You've got to
Be carefully taught
You've got to
Be carefully taught
"
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 02:33:01 PM
Yes, Turks were never in the slave trade.  Nor the many civilizations of Anatolia before them.

For the 10th time, it's Ottoman. Ottomans do not refer to themselves as Turks. Turks are commoners, plebs...

They did keep slaves and highly likely traded if not regularly. If it wasn't recorded, it doesn't exist. If it was recorded it wasn't studied or made open. It's just not possible.

But then besides 'the official slaves', tons of people were practically slaves in Ottoman Empire, who needed ships full of them from Africa? You don't need your skin to be black to be a slave. Turks -as in traditional Turks- are not black or even brown. That seems to be the fucking problem. Because most of them think they are white.

Munch

*gets offended due to sjw beliefs being triggered, proceeds to use a mental disability in a derogatory way to insult the one who triggered them*

how's it feel eating yourself?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Nah, just someone with a mono-agenda.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers