News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 05, 2019, 06:30:52 PM
I dont think you know what that word means.

I do, do you?  I was in the business of arms race during the Cold War.  I nuke commies.  And I still would.  The Fifth Column in America has bad karma coming.  They won't be allowed to listen to rock, when in the nursing home.  And will get sponge baths from Young Republicans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on August 05, 2019, 05:51:16 PM
You'd have to be living with your head in the sand to think this problem is all because of trump. But that just makes it easy doesn't it? Having that scapegoat rather then analysing the larger picture.
Are you sure you are an atheist?  You argue like a theist.  I did not read where anybody on this board said it was 'all' Trump's fault.  But blaming Trump for the uptick of white supremacy and racial hatred is stating a fact.  Congress, especially the Senate with the Turtle in charge simply will not act.  I don't see anybody scapegoating here.  Recently you seem to love being a contrarian.  If somebody says, for example, trump is a liar, you jump up and say we need to see it from his side.  Oh you deny being a supporter, yet you always come up with 'what did Obama do?' which has nothing to do with anything.  You just seem to love being a shit-disturber and little else.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2019, 07:11:09 PM
Are you sure you are an atheist?  You argue like a theist.  I did not read where anybody on this board said it was 'all' Trump's fault.  But blaming Trump for the uptick of white supremacy and racial hatred is stating a fact.  Congress, especially the Senate with the Turtle in charge simply will not act.  I don't see anybody scapegoating here.  Recently you seem to love being a contrarian.  If somebody says, for example, trump is a liar, you jump up and say we need to see it from his side.  Oh you deny being a supporter, yet you always come up with 'what did Obama do?' which has nothing to do with anything.  You just seem to love being a shit-disturber and little else.

He is a theist?  No.  He is paranoid?  No.  He is British?  Yes.

You are the one being paranoid.  Next you will claim that Munch is FBI and not even gay!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 07:14:38 PM
He is a theist?  No.  He is paranoid?  No.  He is British?  Yes.

You are the one being paranoid.  Next you will claim that Munch is FBI and not even gay!

its funny being accused of being theistic by those who themselves are heavily indoctrinated by their social and political beliefs.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 05, 2019, 07:29:08 PM
its funny being accused of being theistic by those who themselves are heavily indoctrinated by their social and political beliefs.

Dogmatized.  Like fetishists who wear leather animal masks.  Kinky.  The herd instinct is high with Liberals, they may prefer the pony scene.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 05, 2019, 07:46:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2w_ZWHHBoA

Per Australian detective (in story I shared) it was an AR-15 held by a Secret Service agent that went off accidentally, that was the JFK kill shot.  But ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5tFAb53VwA

Good weapons for removing witches ...  and liberal crispy critters ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Good for roasting marshmallows, too! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aileron

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 06:23:17 PM
Often a claymore was used for battering, with one hand on the pommel, the other at the other end, using it to block like a gun stock.  And the knobby end could do a lot of damage too.  But the best were Swiss halberds.  Giant can openers, to be used on French/Burgundian knights circa 1477.

When I read claymore, I thought, "Who the hell would hold one when it's being used?"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on August 05, 2019, 07:29:08 PM
Munch, I did not say you were a theist.  I said you argue like one.  By that, I mean you take one word or phrase and run with it and not addressing what is being talked about.  You seem to simply want to be contrary about everything.  Lately, when the word Trump comes up, you always seem to say 'but Obama', when Obama has nothing to do with anything.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 05, 2019, 09:05:42 PM
When I read claymore, I thought, "Who the hell would hold one when it's being used?"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fxkITT07iI

Like the man said, generally claymores were out of use by the end of the 17th century.  But here is how it was done in an earlier era ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s

Italy 14th century ... in 4 parts ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B54w_u8tm9Q
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2019, 09:36:38 PM
Munch, I did not say you were a theist.  I said you argue like one.  By that, I mean you take one word or phrase and run with it and not addressing what is being talked about.  You seem to simply want to be contrary about everything.  Lately, when the word Trump comes up, you always seem to say 'but Obama', when Obama has nothing to do with anything.

Brits don't have TDS, they have BDS.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

You'd have to be living with your head in the sand to think this problem is all because of trump. But that just makes it easy doesn't it?

Except I haven't said anything of the sort. Nobody has said anything of the sort. But yesterday, you were bitching about the previous president on how he couldn't handle this problem -which has started in 1890s- just in two terms, weren't you? So it is pretty much your perspective or the lack of it.

There is a rise in one type of a specific sort of crime. Even the FBI who often downplays reports on these sort of crimes -probably for public control or call it racism in the establishment- while still down playing, openly says that there is an obvious rise in white domestic terrorism, the most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy.

Trump deliberately follows a hostile, divisive politics. Against non white communites. Nobody cares, if the man Donald Trump, as a person himself is really racist, xenophobic or not. Because his key role is being the president of the United States of America and the policies he makes inside or outside the country do NOT just affect Americans, but also AFFECT OUR LIVES in many different ways. It's not just economics...blah blah I don't care if you or Americans can't see that. That is the way it is.   

How blind or stupid -just to give you a choice- you need to be not to see that what a man says or does in top position, directly affects everything around him? That his attitude defines actions and reactions of the people he leads or in this case he can't lead?

Yes, it is that simple to manipulate masses. (Ffs, you get triggered from something as moronic as a youtube video telling why a vague group of people hate a straight fictional character.) Yes, it is that simple to create hatred or trigger people. Or also create unity. Frankly, if you build your politics on spreading hatred, start to insult ethnic and racial groups as soon as you get the mic in the election race, keep talking about how that group of people who are rapists and thieves invading the country and that you will build a wall to stop them, you have a responsibility in a man's actions who opens fire to kill people from that specific group! Plain and simple.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

... Having that scapegoat rather then analysing the larger picture.

The race war is the ultimate paranoia, the ultimate fear; the base of collective memory of American people. Doesn't matter what generation they belong to. It only changes make up. So it is the ultimate material of politics in the US. If we could dig down the collective subconscious of America, we'd find a fear of a civil war in many different forms down there at the bottom. I am not even talking about a traditional one. 

Why do you think the identity politics have developed there in the first place after the WWII? Because it is the fucking land of the free and home of the brave, lol? It's not just the economy or the military power. They are cut out of from the history and the old world in their own way. No other state has a power over their own people or country like this. 

Every characteristics of the country, from population density to the diveristy, its age, its history, its culture that its cut out from old world, its hostility, its consumerism, its madness, its popular culture, its violence, man eating system, its competitiveness, its life style...every thing we look as problem generally is going to have a point of collapse in the USA, first. Not in fucking Europe. I am not necessarily talking about a success or a failure. I mean a collapse. If capitalism will collapse or turn into something else, it will happen in the USA. And hopefully, it will happen before they all kill each other or rest of the world. Europe is a cast system. It's the most racist structure on earth. Nothing is coming from there. 

And deliberately feeding into that fundamental anxiety, fear of this culture, provoking it, using it..is playing with fire like you don't know what. There is a kaiju lying there waiting, one that will wake other ones around the world. And unfortunately, we don't have a Godzilla. Is that large enough?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2019, 07:11:09 PM
Are you sure you are an atheist?  You argue like a theist.

LOL. It's because of the nature of the right ideologies and its common mentality. Doesn't matter what angle you put it, how eloquently you put it, what you add to it... it is dogmatic, limited, primitive and only about the group of people who have that mentality.

It's the same reason why any various right groups -like religious ones- constantly invent enemies, threats out to get them and victimhoods they suffer. Also why generally, the right wing ideas are against 'individuality' and see everything their own as the norm. Everything is against them and about them. Without that mentality, there is no right.

It's about putting blame and making comparisons like a 6 year old child. They are reflecting of course, becuse if they can't create victimhood it has no use.

For example, right wing white Americans and Brits think, immigrants are stealing their jobs and there is even a group of people who think they can't get rich because of immigrants in their country. LOL So that's their created victimhood. They take it from the left -over here, democrats in the US- because the other side keeps shoving the real victimhoods into their face and set the tone. So they had to adopt it. Like religions adopting and changing in the modern era. Intelligent design?

It's the 'intelligent' designs of the right. 200 years ago white people were better because that's how god created them. Now using other means they are trying to do the same thing. Famous ones, Why black people are 'stupid', but good at physical activities. Why they are prone to crime buy birth. Tons of twisted bullshit out there supposedly based on evolutionary sciences. A very old way of making politics in a new sense, but now, in modern world it is actually 'personal'. Not 'individual', it is 'personal'. AHahaha.

More common form is which camp are you in? Which one is your team?

E: And even while complaining about partisanship, what right wing minded people do is exactly the same thing. Baruch gave a good example to me in one of our convo. He said he knows that this and that group is really oppressed in his opinion, but he refuses to support them, because he thinks there is partisanship in these groups. LOOL So if you are oppressed because of something -race, gender, sexual orientation, which is into everybody's face- you can't develop a prejudice because that is oppressing someone in a group who is not oppressed because of the same things.

That's the right wing mentality.