News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 05, 2019, 01:51:45 PM
I was watching a 10 min video of the movie 'We need to talk about Kevin', I haven't seen the movie and honestly I am not planning to. It's too real life.

[spoiler]What took my attention however, was the young people's comments. The villian reminded some of them the Hawkeye from Avengers, because of his weapon choice. I didn't get that. Avengers, Hawkeye. ? Hawkeye is a superhero fighting against bad guys. Kevin is killing his school mates, innocent kids. [/spoiler]

No thanks.  There is a true crime show out of India, in Hindi (sometimes with English subtitles) ... based on real nasty cases.  Terrible stuff.  Had to stop watching.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 05, 2019, 01:52:05 PM
Yeah, up close, and personal! That's the ticket!

Only if it is McDonalds "lava" coffee.  Ice coffee, not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 05, 2019, 01:53:58 PM
Better than a bullet in your stomach?

Yeah.  It does take more effort to fall on a sword than blow your brains out all over the room.  Cleaner too.  So there would be fewer suicides.  Plus, not many road rage people would get in a sword fight.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:59:31 PM
Yeah.  It does take more effort to fall on a sword than blow your brains out all over the room.  Cleaner too.  So there would be fewer suicides.  Plus, not many road rage people would get in a sword fight.

Limit it to dick fights between gay men ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:59:31 PM

No, I meant bullet in the stomach compared to a knife in the stomach. I have read that a bullet in the stomach takes a long time to die and it is very painful. Apparently, it's not cleaner, because of the stomach acid? I guess the knife going that deep is a low chance, but a bullet is certain.

But sword wounds are not common wounds. I mean knives. 

Most Americans find knife deaths more scary because of the gun culture, lol. There was a something on this.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 05, 2019, 02:09:39 PM
No, I meant bullet in the stomach compared to a knife n a stomach. I have read that a bullet in the stomach takes a long time die and it is very painful. Apparently, it's not cleaner, because of stomach the acid? I guess the knife going that deep is a low chance, but a bullet is certain.

Most Americans find knife deaths more scary because of the gun culture, lol. There was a something on this.

Don't show your belly, avoid both.  I prefer Apache style flaying.  Followed by burial in a fire ant hill.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 05, 2019, 02:09:39 PM
No, I meant bullet in the stomach compared to a knife n a stomach. I have read that a bullet in the stomach takes a long time die and it is very painful. Apparently, it's not cleaner, because of stomach the acid? I guess the knife going that deep is a low chance, but a bullet is certain.

It may be more the kind of wound.  A gut wound will linger for days before you die regardless of cause.  In sword fights, there is usually a shield and gut wounds are more common.  With guns, you tend to shoot the head or torso and bleed to death quickly.  The victim, not the shooter...

Blackleaf

Of course, Trump uses El Paso as an excuse to push immigration reform. Even though the murderer was specifically targeting immigrants (or at least, people he perceived as being immigrants). Fewer immigrants, fewer victims, right? Wut?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 02:11:50 PM
Don't show your belly, avoid both.  I prefer Apache style flaying.  Followed by burial in a fire ant hill.

Well, if you want pain, skin-flaying is always good.  But don't discount staked wet leather straps pulling your limbs apart as they dry or the vultures.  I've read of some people buried up to the neck so wolves could nibble at will (well they don't nibble but you can't do much about it.  And there are vultures...

Didn't Winston face a mask of rats?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 02:20:19 PM
Well, if you want pain, skin-flaying is always good.  But don't discount staked wet leather straps pulling your limbs apart as they dry or the vultures.  I've read of some people buried up to the neck so wolves could nibble at will (well they don't nibble but you can't do much about it.  And there are vultures...

Didn't Winston face a mask of rats?

Correct, rat mask.  Not ratatouille.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 02:12:59 PM
It may be more the kind of wound.  A gut wound will linger for days before you die regardless of cause.  In sword fights, there is usually a shield and gut wounds are more common.  With guns, you tend to shoot the head or torso and bleed to death quickly.  The victim, not the shooter...

Where and how are you going to get a sword wound? I was thinking about a knife. Most swords are not even sharp they are just heavy. Well, apart from the katanas that is. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

sooo, is anyone going to discuss the fact these mass shootings are clear examples of extremism on both sides of the political spectrum?

or is it another case of because one was a far right, all far right are to blame for it, but the other guy who was far leftist, that was just an individual thing and he was mentally unwell, nothing else to blame.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aileron

Quote from: Munch on August 05, 2019, 03:56:58 PM
sooo, is anyone going to discuss the fact these mass shootings are clear examples of extremism on both sides of the political spectrum?

or is it another case of because one was a far right, all far right are to blame for it, but the other guy who was far leftist, that was just an individual thing and he was mentally unwell, nothing else to blame.

What's your source for "...the other guy who was far leftist..."?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aileron on August 05, 2019, 04:07:00 PM
What's your source for "...the other guy who was far leftist..."?

From what I've read both their political ideology was all over the place.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aileron

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 05, 2019, 04:11:34 PM
From what I've read both their political ideology was all over the place.

So that leaves room for both sides to cherry pick. Seems nobody wants mass murderers on their team.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez