News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 05, 2019, 01:42:02 PM
He doesn't need a mind control ray, he just needs language - and he's got all the bet words, remember?

Not your "bet" posting.  You fail.  Report to Communist San Francisco liquidation center.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 08:48:56 AM
I stop watching the news channels when there is "breaking news" about a mass shooting.  This is not from indifference.  It is that, for a couple days, there really isn't any meaningful information and the news of the rest of the world is ignored.  All they do is speculate and show the same couple of minutes of video over and over and over.

I'm the same way, give it a couple of days for the facts to gel. All that panic at first is not informative, just noisy.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 05, 2019, 01:33:54 PM
Trump was on the news just a few mins ago over here. He condemned 'white supremacy' and of course blamed video games, social media...lol.

"Mental illness and hate pull the trigger, not the gun."

Yeah well, there will be backlash. Any sort of. 

Yeah, those darn guns.  They just go off when you aren't expecting it.  We should all just have swords. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:45:25 PM
Yeah, those darn guns.  They just go off when you aren't expecting it.  We should all just have swords.

Yes.  I would prefer slow death by knife on any intruder in my home.  More fun.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 05, 2019, 01:45:03 PM
I'm the same way, give it a couple of days for the facts to gel. All that panic at first is not informative, just noisy.

I'm waiting for Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow tonight.  Hoping for a brief evaluation of what is actually known about the shootings and then something about world events...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:43:47 PM
Not your "bet" posting.  You fail.  Report to Communist San Francisco liquidation center.

I'll fall on my sword - just as soon as I finish this cup of coffee...
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:46:40 PM

I have 2 sharp gladiuses (gladii?) in the house, one real long sword, and you should see my deli knife... 

drunkenshoe

I was watching a 10 min video of the movie 'We need to talk about Kevin', I haven't seen the movie and honestly I am not planning to. It's too real life.

[spoiler]What took my attention however, was the young people's comments. The villian reminded some of them the Hawkeye from Avengers, because of his weapon choice. I didn't get that. Avengers, Hawkeye. ? Hawkeye is a superhero fighting against bad guys. Kevin is killing his school mates, innocent kids. [/spoiler]
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 05, 2019, 01:50:37 PM
I'll fall on my sword just as soon as I finish this cup of coffee...

Don't do THAT!  There will be coffee everywhere.

Unbeliever

Yeah, up close, and personal! That's the ticket!
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:48:33 PM
I'm waiting for Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow tonight.  Hoping for a brief evaluation of what is actually known about the shootings and then something about world events...

You really should stop taking MSM bath salts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Better than a bullet in your stomach?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:51:57 PM
Don't do THAT!  There will be coffee everywhere.

Oh my, what a waste! LOL
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:50:54 PM
I have 2 sharp gladiuses (gladii?) in the house, one real long sword, and you should see my deli knife...

Do the Hindus approve of your Delhi knife?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 05, 2019, 01:33:54 PM
Trump was on the news just a few mins ago over here. He condemned 'white supremacy' and of course blamed video games, social media...lol.

"Mental illness and hate pull the trigger, not the gun."

Yeah well, there will be backlash. Any sort of.

I'm fucking tired of Republicans making stupid, baseless claims like this. We do not have a mental illness epidemic. We have a gun epidemic. If he finally acknowledged white supremacy as an issue, good, I guess. But I find that a bit hard to believe. I did see him propose capital punishment for hate crimes. Because of course, that's the solution. Mass shooters are always terrified of dying. That's why they never shoot themselves before falling into police custody. Oh wait...

I suspect he has an ulterior motive for this. "Quick and decisive" capital punishment for "hate crimes." In other words, he hopes to remove due process for the accused, further increasing the risk of innocent people being sent to death row. I suspect Trump would have a very convenient definition of the word "hate crime."

And of course, blame the video games. He heard people talking about video games making people more violent, and hearsay is always true. If only there were a branch of science which had decades worth of studies on the subject... If only.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--