News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 04, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
His "news" smells like shit for a reason.

Shit is fertilizer.  More useful than the usual swamp gas here ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 04, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
His "news" smells like shit for a reason.

It's worse than that. Our permanent troll on AF should be in a mental institute.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2019, 08:00:53 PM

Offended? Doubtful. Appalled by such a mindlessly stupid statement? Well, it's Baruch, so I've pretty much grown to accept this as the norm from him. Of course, you would be the one person who wouldn't see how stupid the idea of a "Kill all White Males Party" is, given you think the majority group with nearly complete political power are more oppressed than the GRSM.

And cut it out with this stupid idea of yours that Liberals are easily offended. Look in the mirror.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aileron on August 04, 2019, 04:50:30 PM
Your details are not quite right, but yes, at the request of one of my twin daughters I purchased and own a youth starter rifle six years ago. I took her shooting first at age 8. As a former US Navy officer, I fully qualified as an expert marksman in rifles and pistols. I did not take her shooting as a "reward". I took her at her request, and to teach her firearms safety. I keep all my firearms locked securely and take firearms safety seriously. I have also taken steps to ensure their security should friends or family members show concerns about me.

Six years later as a cadet in youth auxiliaries for both the US Navy and US Army, she has qualified as an expert marksman with both rifles and pistols. She has her sights set on gaining entry to the highly competitive US Naval Academy. She's getting straight A's to improve her chances and is on a dedicated physical training program.

Yes, I'm fully aware the USA has a gun culture problem, but militaries will be a necessary evil for centuries to come. As long as they are, it's important to have rising leaders who are responsible, thoughtful, and compassionate.

I am actually not interested in your reasons or explanations or what is your job, or why you did it. Buying an 8 year old kid a fire arm, designed for children and taking her to a shooting range is not OK. By 'reward', I meant taking a kid to somewhere to do something in Christmas. Yes, it is a reward. A big one.  Christmas is not an ordinary weekend fun.

As I see it, 8 year old kids do not have requests. They do not have the fortitude to make requests or choices. They just want things, as all kids do. 8 year old kids, esp. daughters will do anything to make their fathers happy or proud, to do something with them, esp. if it is something related to their occupation and make them openly proud.

A boy wouldn't have much choice, it would be automatically expected from him. But then daughters and fathers have a more intense relationship. Not to mention a daughter being successful at something male dominant like this is always more precious for a father in the same occupation. 

Your daughter didn't choose anything. You made a choice for her. This is about you. It's about making you happy. She liked it, well, why wouldn't she? It was a game she can play with you and it made you happy. 

If you made her do something else with you when she was 8, show the same positive atitude, support, pride she can see; let her have that confident now she has, she would have the same success with almost anything. Anything. That's how kids, people work. And you chose to give her a gun, because it is you.

It's pretty much like those mothers who put their daughters in beauty pagaents. All those girls 'request' that when they are 8, you can be sure about that. Yes they enjoy it. The clothes, the attention. Everyone loves them. They work hard too. They can make a life, they can even get scholarships, the world is their oyster...blah blah If we cut the politically correct bullshit, it is all about those mothers, isn't it? It's about making them happy first. Society just looks down on thisone and praise something like yours.

How are these things are similar, besides actually being about parents? They are both adult actions. Giving a child a fire arm at 8, or sexualising a child at 8 for competition; to start them in a life are not different from each other. It's not something those kids have chosen and they can't even know the difference.

So, yeah I think the same things I did 6 years ago.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on August 04, 2019, 05:18:55 PM
...General American gun culture and knowledge of guns is much more... action movie influenced, and that in it's self is a huge issue. ...

Could that be because they get used to them very early as kids and don't respect, even get the lethal power of the object they handle? Not to mention that people are not equally mature or responsible. Trusting people; parents on this, is madness. 

Knowing America, I get the early driving thing. You cannot survive there, if you don't drive. It's different over here, so most people around the world don't get it.

They can't drink till 21, can't smoke tabacco till 18, but can 'handle' guns if you 'teach' them younger than that?

Even letting a 16 year old kid drink a couple of glass of hard liquor under supervision has a logic in itself. She/he could experience the effect and get to know that this shit is something completely different when you consume it, but there is no risk. The worst case they would puke. So they learn 'I got to watch this!' But fire arms are not hard liquor. Or a lighter. Or a knife. Or a car.

If you want to raise healthy adults, kids should stay as kids. They should especially stay away from adult actions up to a certain age. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 10:58:46 PM
It's worse than that. Our permanent troll on AF should be in a mental institute.

You are not getting enough sleep.  Sleep Joe ... sleep ...

No, all the liberals need to be in the Gulag ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 05, 2019, 12:43:08 AM
Offended? Doubtful. Appalled by such a mindlessly stupid statement? Well, it's Baruch, so I've pretty much grown to accept this as the norm from him. Of course, you would be the one person who wouldn't see how stupid the idea of a "Kill all White Males Party" is, given you think the majority group with nearly complete political power are more oppressed than the GRSM.

And cut it out with this stupid idea of yours that Liberals are easily offended. Look in the mirror.

No satire allowed.  No jokes allowed.  No criticism allowed.  Make the universe a "safe space".  Really?  Is this the High Court of Scotland?  Count Dankula did nothing wrong.  Pandering courts and politicians are the offal in the sceptic tank.

I wish it was true, that Democrats weren't evil.  I wish Republicans weren't evil.  But both of you are.  Embrace your inner evil.  Follow attached ULR to get lessons from Darth Vader today!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GRSM
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Actual news ...

"Dayton suspect compiled 'hit list' and 'rape list' in high school: reports" ... second shooter.  Looks like yet another crazy person ... not locked up proactively by public health (as true before 1975), until the Liberals got their dirty hands into it ...

Like Columbine and so many others.  Oh and don't forget, Trump used his mind control rays to make them do this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 06:16:22 AM
Like Columbine and so many others.  Oh and don't forget, Trump used his mind control rays to make them do this.

Pffft. That's screaming 'I'm a republican'. Putting 'Trump' there doesn't fool anyone. Oh wait, may be the republicans? :*

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 10:58:46 PM
Could you find one large enough?

Outside of the Capitol Building, that is.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2019, 08:54:01 PM
Direct from trannie-Muslim central control ... aka DNC ;-)

I troll various on-line sources, mostly British, some US, and compare ... both in terms of balance, and in terms of "sanity".  Mostly DNC and RNC are exponents of insanity, along with their "useful idiots" in the US media.  Are they useful?  Only in the sense of "if DNC/RNC say it is so" ... you can pretty much say ... distraction or opposite is true.  No fan of Alex Jones.  He tells truths that are NOT to be told ;-)

Your like my brother but worse

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 05, 2019, 07:03:28 AM
Could you find one large enough?

Outside of the Capitol Building, that is.

Mavin the Robot (HHGTTG) ... my brain is the size of a planet, and I have to put up with these idiots ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 05, 2019, 07:20:12 AM
Your like my brother but worse

He also gets radio signals thru his tooth fillings from trannie-Muslim central control ... aka DNC ;-)

Alex Jones and the gay frogs story ... forget you ever heard it .. or else.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I stop watching the news channels when there is "breaking news" about a mass shooting.  This is not from indifference.  It is that, for a couple days, there really isn't any meaningful information and the news of the rest of the world is ignored.  All they do is speculate and show the same couple of minutes of video over and over and over.

I can't stop the gun-crazies, I can't stop the lobbyists, and I can't stop the elected politicians who bow to them saying for a few days that "it is too soon" and then pivoting to "that's in the past".  All I can do is decide to support any and all candidates who swear they will enact gun-control measures.

So I put Ken Burn's 'Civil War' or 'Baseball" in the DVD or tune to the Cartoon Channel or such and leave it playing while I clean house, cook dinner, attend to the cats, weed the garden, etc.  At least it isn't the unknown "who what where why how" before the facts are even known. 

I wait for facts to come...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS