News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 04, 2019, 09:30:13 AM
No shit.............!!  Can't put anything past you!  Since Obama did it you are suggesting that it is okay for Trump to do it? (This is another topic, of course)  This was a snarc to the entirety of the response to each and every mass shooting in this country--thoughts a prayers; and out of 'respect' let's not talk about it right now.  Jesus, Munch, you can be a real fucktard at times!!

woo someone had their balls twisted when he sat down.

Not even sure what your fucking point is, a president gives his thoughts and prayers to victims of a mass killing, if trump hasn't said anything you'd just as much call him a p.o.s. I know he's transparently easy to hate on but this is just pathetic on your part.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

We had a member who got candy pink rifles for his 8 year old twin daughters for christmas and talked about how normal that is to take them to the shooting range as a reward in a gun thread. 6-7 years ago? 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2019, 11:11:57 AM

Not even sure what your fucking point is, a president gives his thoughts and prayers to victims of a mass killing, if trump hasn't said anything you'd just as much call him a p.o.s. I know he's transparently easy to hate on but this is just pathetic on your part.

How is that you don't get his remarks? He is not talking about what he said or didn't or what was required to say in this situation. May be you should explain your comments in this situation. Because I believe you are doing this deliberately, or if you are that stupid may be you should be treated differently? After all it is first not fair to you, is it?

He is talking about the fact that he acts as this is something very normal, frankly wouldn't move a finger to do something about it, but only work for more guns to be in circulation in the country.

This is domestic terrorism. It's about white supremacy. This is right now the number one problem the country has. Yet the president can't even acknowledge what it really is. One of the first things Donald Trump did when he sat on that chair was to remove the term white supremacy from official gov sites. As long as he is concerned, it doesn't exist. It's a fucking lie.Obama is the president helped this term to be normalised.

Shootings, church burning...etc these perpetrators take support from Trump, because he is fucking racist. 3 historic churches were burnt in 10 days a few months ago. Black churches. The young white man was charged with 'hate crime'. 

Obama started a program to fight with domestic terrorism which largely is white terrorism. Trump declared he won't renew it last year, while FBI reports the problem is a white supremcy problem and it is getting bigger and bigger.

So yeah, Americans have a right to say anything about his approach, anything he said or didn't say...anything comes to their mind. I personally think Mike was pretty polite with sarcasm.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

I've been around atheist forums for around 25 years, and I've heard the comment about presidents sending out thoughts and prayers at least that many times, along with the names of the presidents who said it (specifically, every president in the last 25 years).  As atheists, we know it's going to be said, because it's expected in our culture, and we realize that the remark, as warm and fuzzy as it sounds, is empty of rational meaning, and that not much else is going to get done.  As atheists we take it in stride, annoying as it is on principle.  There is no reason I can see that Trump must be excluded from the remarks we make about the rest of the lot.

drunkenshoe

The general Trump politics is the reason for the escalation of white supremacist mass shootings. 

If a president openly,

-divides a nation by races, making vile comments about nonwhite communities
-calling hispanics 'rapists', a black majority community 'rat and rodent infested mess'
-defends white supremacists in a KKK rally,
-supports for getting more guns to stop mass shootings in schools,
-ignores the white domestic terrorism in his country,

he will be treated differently by anyone who has two brain cells to rub together. Yes, it is a political few words he is expected to say.

By the way, who was the last American president calling 6o million Americans rapists and thieves, again? Or defend KKK rally?

Did you guys know a few of the congresswomen started to get death threats just after his vile tweets about them?

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 04, 2019, 11:54:18 AM
He is talking about the fact that he acts as this is something very normal, frankly wouldn't move a finger to do something about it, but only work for more guns to be in circulation in the country.

I would say that given what he said, trump is at least being a realist when it comes to americas problem with guns. No other president has fixed the issue, and him trying would just make no difference to the bigger problem that country has with its need for guns.

QuoteThis is domestic terrorism. It's about white supremacy. This is right now the number one problem the country has. Yet the president can't even acknowledge what it really is. One of the first things Donald Trump did when he sat on that chair was to remove the term white supremacy from official gov sites. As long as he is concerned, it doesn't exist. It's a fucking lie.Obama is the president helped this term to be normalised.

you think white supremacy is the no:1 problem in america? Seriously, it has way more problems then just the thing you fear. The rest of the world can see that.

QuoteShootings, church burning...etc these perpetrators take support from Trump, because he is fucking racist. 3 historic churches were burnt in 10 days a few months ago. Black churches. The young white man was charged with 'hate crime'.

Obama started a program to fight with domestic terrorism which largely is white terrorism. Trump declared he won't renew it last year, while FBI reports the problem is a white supremcy problem and it is getting bigger and bigger.

if obama was such a paragon why are there still major social and political  problems in america? Its all well and good putting someone on a pedestal, yet if your now concerned about these problems here what did he even do that was so great?

QuoteSo yeah, Americans have a right to say anything about his approach, anything he said or didn't say...anything comes to their mind. I personally think Mike was pretty polite with sarcasm.

americans also have the right to call out people for whatever political or social views they adhere to and argue against. Despite what you might think I'm not a fan of trump or the american conservative way of things, but I'm also someone who will happily call out others on their bullshit if its hypocritical.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2019, 11:11:57 AM

Okay--I'll try to dumb it down for you this time, Munch.  Of course every president will sent 'thoughts and prayers' for every disaster and tragedy.  Every leader does.  The point I was making is that will be all that will be done; that's all we get, from top to bottom--thoughts and prayers.  That's it.  Nobody for at least the last 50 yrs. has done any more than that!  Apparently the NRA still controls congress, so nothing will be done.  Nothing.  So, Munch, you have my thoughts and prayers. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2019, 01:31:32 PM
I would say that given what he said, trump is at least being a realist when it comes to americas problem with guns. No other president has fixed the issue, and him trying would just make no difference to the bigger problem that country has with its need for guns.

LOL Yeah, more guns. Yeah he is very realistic. I am sure you know about the sudden, huge rise in the stabbing cases in London which started after Brexit? They need guns to protect themselves, don't they? Why don't you guys start a campaign for getting guns for personal protection in the UK. I am sure you'd support it?   

Quoteyou think white supremacy is the no:1 problem in america? Seriously, it has way more problems then just the thing you fear. The rest of the world can see that.

No. It's number one problem because the president is incompetent about everything he does, he tweets like a retarded 10 year old and playing with racist politics at the same time. His remarks, attitude and politics are the reason for the escalation of a specific mass murder. And anyone who acts as if this is something ordinary, has no idea where this is going.

Quoteif obama was such a paragon why are there still major social and political  problems in america? Its all well and good putting someone on a pedestal, yet if your now concerned about these problems here what did he even do that was so great?

Stupid comparison. Stupid question. I have said Obama acknowledged the problem and tried to do something, while Trump fuels and acts as if a specific problem, staring everyone in the face doesn't exist. Do you understand the difference? Putting on a pedestal? Great? How old are you?

Quoteamericans also have the right to call out people for whatever political or social views they adhere to and argue against. Despite what you might think I'm not a fan of trump or the american conservative way of things, but I'm also someone who will happily call out others on their bullshit if its hypocritical.

I don't care who you support. You are not calling anyone on their bullshit. Mike was making an ordinary remark. There is nothing hypocritical about what he said.   

You always give the same idiotic reaction. Doesn't matter if it is a mass shooting with 20 dead or some statement some other moron made about a gender or a minority group on youtube. You sound like a teenager reddit poster. 

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 04, 2019, 01:47:19 PM
Okay--I'll try to dumb it down for you this time, Munch.  Of course every president will sent 'thoughts and prayers' for every disaster and tragedy.  Every leader does.  The point I was making is that will be all that will be done; that's all we get, from top to bottom--thoughts and prayers.  That's it.  Nobody for at least the last 50 yrs. has done any more than that!  Apparently the NRA still controls congress, so nothing will be done.  Nothing.  So, Munch, you have my thoughts and prayers.

honestly unlike those living in america we brits don't have to fear school or church shootings like you guys do, so I'm fine here.

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 04, 2019, 02:08:33 PM
LOL Yeah, more guns. Yeah he is very realistic. I am sure you know about the sudden, huge rise in the stabbing cases in London which started after Brexit? They need guns to protect themselves, don't they? Why don't you guys start a campaign for getting guns for personal protection in the UK. I am sure you'd support it?   

No. It's number one problem because the president is incompetent about everything he does, he tweets like a retarded 10 year old and playing with racist politics at the same time. His remarks, attitude and politics are the reason for the escalation of a specific mass murder. And anyone who acts as if this is something ordinary, has no idea where this is going.

Stupid comparison. Stupid question. I have said Obama acknowledged the problem and tried to do something, while Trump fuels and acts as if a specific problem, staring everyone in the face doesn't exist. Do you understand the difference? Putting on a pedestal? Great? How old are you?

I don't care who you support. You are not calling anyone on their bullshit. Mike was making an ordinary remark. There is nothing hypocritical about what he said.   

You always give the same idiotic reaction. Doesn't matter if it is a mass shooting with 20 dead or some statement some other moron made about a gender or a minority group on youtube. You sound like a teenager reddit poster.

if the conversation isn't to your taste thats your prerogative

Have you ever reread something you've posted and tried to look at it from an outsiders perspective? Maybe I'm just trying to rial you up because I see so much of this as a joke, but your the one giving the pent up reaction as if someone stepped on your shoes.

we live in turbulent political times, and I've just learned the best way of dealing with the social and political whirlpool is to mock it and see peoples reactions to it all. Otherwise your just be constantly unhappy.

Its funny because I share the same outlook now as Baruch, the only guy on this forum towards the more theistic belief, and one who himself looks at all this with passing disregard, which I often find makes more sense then anyone else here. 

drunkenshoe

Yes, when you do this you get on my nerves. I thought that was obvious. But as usual you made something up and went from there.

aileron

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 04, 2019, 11:18:07 AM
We had a member who got candy pink rifles for his 8 year old twin daughters for christmas and talked about how normal that is to take them to the shooting range as a reward in a gun thread. 6-7 years ago? 

Your details are not quite right, but yes, at the request of one of my twin daughters I purchased and own a youth starter rifle six years ago. I took her shooting first at age 8. As a former US Navy officer, I fully qualified as an expert marksman in rifles and pistols. I did not take her shooting as a "reward". I took her at her request, and to teach her firearms safety. I keep all my firearms locked securely and take firearms safety seriously. I have also taken steps to ensure their security should friends or family members show concerns about me.

Six years later as a cadet in youth auxiliaries for both the US Navy and US Army, she has qualified as an expert marksman with both rifles and pistols. She has her sights set on gaining entry to the highly competitive US Naval Academy. She's getting straight A's to improve her chances and is on a dedicated physical training program.

Yes, I'm fully aware the USA has a gun culture problem, but militaries will be a necessary evil for centuries to come. As long as they are, it's important to have rising leaders who are responsible, thoughtful, and compassionate.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2019, 01:31:32 PM

if obama was such a paragon why are there still major social and political  problems in america? Its all well and good putting someone on a pedestal, yet if your now concerned about these problems here what did he even do that was so great?

After the Newtown massacre Obama tried to pass legislation but the Republicans controlled both the house of representatives and the senate, and they blocked him in every way. Here's his speech on that occasion.

https://www.resetdoc.org/story/obamas-speech-in-the-wake-of-the-newtown-massacre/

aileron

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 04, 2019, 01:47:19 PMNobody for at least the last 50 yrs. has done any more than that!  Apparently the NRA still controls congress, so nothing will be done.  Nothing.

50 years ago is when the NRA changed its primary emphasis from a gun safety and marksmanship to white supremacy. The NRA backed gun control laws such as ending open carry when the Black Panthers were the primary open carriers.

Change will come all too slowly, but I think it will come. It will come because we've raised a generation plus of kids who grew up performing lockdown drills in school and hearing news report after news report of why they had to do that. Unfortunately, I do not think this nation will address the problem seriously until those generations have the reins of power.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez