News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"El Paso shooting leaves 20 dead, 26 injured; investigators probing potential 'nexus to hate crime'" ... a great tragedy.  Hopefully the injured will recover.  The shooter was arrested without incident (that seems strange to me).

So ... poor mental health strikes again.  Like the young man who shot up the church 2 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Don't worry--trump and his slime balls will be sending their thoughts and prayers.  It will be all better then.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 11:18:00 PM
Don't worry--trump and his slime balls will be sending their thoughts and prayers.  It will be all better then.

Hasn't every president in published history not sent their thoughts and prayers to the victims of major tragedies? Pretty sure Obama did that a lot.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

And sure enough my pro guns friends on facebook are championing gun rights.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

So he was caught alive. You know what, I don't even think he was depressed a little bit, let alone a 'poor mental health'. Apparently, he was 'fighting' against the 'Hispanic invasion of Texas'. I am sick of people defining these piece of shits as mentally disturbed. They know what they are doing and they plan to do it and do it very willingly.   

Texas has death penalty. Hey, I am sure they could build a side argument based on stupidity, while putting him in a max with Hispanic inmates. Well, too bad he'll be isolated.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Walmart markets guns for little girls. (But we don't have a problem here.)

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 11:18:00 PM
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 04, 2019, 06:30:31 AM
So he was caught alive. You know what, I don't even think he was depressed a little bit, let alone a 'poor mental health'. Apparently, he was 'fighting' against the 'Hispanic invasion of Texas'. I am sick of people defining these piece of shits as mentally disturbed. They know what they are doing and they plan to do it and do it very willingly.   

Texas has death penalty. Hey, I am sure they could build a side argument based on stupidity, while putting him in a max with Hispanic inmates. Well, too bad he'll be isolated.

Yes.  The perp may have not killed himself because he is sociopath, not suicidal (as are so many).  Oswald wanted to live, to be famous.

Real Texans are quite used to Mexican-Americans ... for almost 200 years now.  Bet his family was new to Texas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 04, 2019, 02:51:01 AM
Another mass shooting, now in Ohio.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/police-responding-active-shooting-oregon-district/dHOvgFCs726CylnDLdZQxM/

Sad.  With murder suicide, you don't get to interview the perp.  On the other hand, they don't get a soap box.  3 states in a row ... Cali/Texas/Ohio.

In our town ... we only had a suicide in the last 20 years.  Guy went into a sporting goods store, was looking to purchase a shotgun.  He asked the sales girl for a box of sells.  He loaded one up, put the gun under his chin, and splattered his brains on the ceiling right in front of that hysterical girl.  Very rude of him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

The recent stats show that 25% of mass shooters had mental diseases. The other 75% didn't. So that's that. But most Americans believe it's their God-given right to own a gun. In a country where there are more guns than people, it's a surprise that we don't have more mass shootings.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on August 03, 2019, 11:28:26 PM
Hasn't every president in published history not sent their thoughts and prayers to the victims of major tragedies? Pretty sure Obama did that a lot.
No shit.............!!  Can't put anything past you!  Since Obama did it you are suggesting that it is okay for Trump to do it? (This is another topic, of course)  This was a snarc to the entirety of the response to each and every mass shooting in this country--thoughts a prayers; and out of 'respect' let's not talk about it right now.  Jesus, Munch, you can be a real fucktard at times!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

'round and around the not-so-merry circus of gun rights we go, again.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 09:15:43 AM
The recent stats show that 25% of mass shooters had mental diseases. The other 75% didn't. So that's that. But most Americans believe it's their God-given right to own a gun. In a country where there are more guns than people, it's a surprise that we don't have more mass shootings.
My hillbilly* cousins have a thing called The Big 50, being the fifty relatives with the most guns. The total is now in excess of 2,000 guns.

*Most of them live in or near the Ozarks.
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 04, 2019, 07:58:14 AM

Caught on film.  Young Bonnie holding up the joint, while her father takes her picture.  Later during an interview, Bonnie's dad told reporters, "I'm proud a that girl.  She doesn't take shit from no one.  We bought the rifle, and that asshole at Walmart thought he could charge us for the ammunition."