News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso

Started by Baruch, August 03, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2019, 07:47:57 PM
Wrong.  You want Obama as President for Life, right?  Kill all White Males party?
Dude, WHAT THE FUCK????
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: aileron on August 04, 2019, 05:04:32 PM
50 years ago is when the NRA changed its primary emphasis from a gun safety and marksmanship to white supremacy. The NRA backed gun control laws such as ending open carry when the Black Panthers were the primary open carriers.

Change will come all too slowly, but I think it will come. It will come because we've raised a generation plus of kids who grew up performing lockdown drills in school and hearing news report after news report of why they had to do that. Unfortunately, I do not think this nation will address the problem seriously until those generations have the reins of power.
I do remember finding out about the NRA when I was 10'ish or so.  And it was because they offered gun classes featuring safety.  As for change, I'm afraid you are right.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 04, 2019, 05:04:32 PM
50 years ago is when the NRA changed its primary emphasis from a gun safety and marksmanship to white supremacy. The NRA backed gun control laws such as ending open carry when the Black Panthers were the primary open carriers.

Change will come all too slowly, but I think it will come. It will come because we've raised a generation plus of kids who grew up performing lockdown drills in school and hearing news report after news report of why they had to do that. Unfortunately, I do not think this nation will address the problem seriously until those generations have the reins of power.

Someone who knows!  Amazing here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2019, 07:40:42 PM
Just knifing in London, and communist revolution in Labor/Lib-Dem.  Yes, you are so ... safe (cough, cough).

true true, we have our own brand of shit to deal with. I just seriously wouldn't feel safe walking anywhere in america, while here it at least feels like these high crime rate areas can be pinpointed more.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 04, 2019, 06:05:29 PM
Agreed. I don't think this is what the Framers had in mind when they referenced a "well-regulated militia":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2qJqDBM58

I agree. Traditionally, US kids got exposed to firearms through their fathers or grandfathers hunting. Hunting in the USA has declined by 50% in 50 years. Now when kids are exposed to firearms for the first time, it's often not from a responsible adult like your father. It's all too often a gun fetishist, right wing nut or prepper who exposes them to firearms the first time.

Most gun training these days comes from street gangs.  I had my father.  My daughter is uninterested, and I won't force her to be so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 04, 2019, 07:51:02 PM
Dude, WHAT THE FUCK????

Satire about a particular person, who is Turkish.  Drunkenshoe is a Euro-Marxist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2019, 07:54:17 PM
true true, we have our own brand of shit to deal with. I just seriously wouldn't feel safe walking anywhere in america, while here it at least feels like these high crime rate areas can be pinpointed more.

Yes, roving gangs of homophobic mutants everywhere.  Well, I wouldn't feel safe being publicly gay, anywhere.  Sad but true.  But remember, high casualty events are rare ... it is more likely to break your neck falling in the bathroom.  I have been nervous only once, when a White man, in a restaurant, was doing "open carry".  I guess he wanted to have the means to complain about the food or service ;-(  I have lived in bad neighborhoods.  Had a mob hit across the street.  Wasn't afraid.  You simply have to know how to behave, around the particular people you are among ... and what hour it is safe to be there.  3am in a druggy neighborhood ... bad plan.  Showing up to the John Birch Society meeting in drag ... maybe not good situation awareness.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2019, 08:00:32 PM
Yes, roving gangs of homophobic mutants everywhere.  Well, I wouldn't feel safe being publicly gay, anywhere.  Sad but true.  But remember, high casualty events are rare ... it is more likely to break your neck falling in the bathroom.

eeeh, despite whatever media tells you those gangs are more isolated to certain areas. for now anyway.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 04, 2019, 08:02:31 PM
eeeh, despite whatever media tells you those gangs are more isolated to certain areas. for now anyway.

The Media lies about everything.  They allow commercial advertisements after all.  See enhanced comments in prior post above.  Real life.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2019, 08:06:13 PM
The Media lies about everything.  They allow commercial advertisements after all.  See enhanced comments in prior post above.  Real life.

Where do you get your news? Conspiracy USA?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 04, 2019, 08:32:19 PM
His "news" smells like shit for a reason.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

I mean, the media does generally lie about most things; or more accurately presents it in a very intentionally crafted way to evoke a certain response from the viewer. News corporations are just that - corporations, and at the end of the day their objective is not to bring you accurate information... it's to make sure their shareholders are happy.

The "purest" media you are going to find are sources like AP and Reuters, who are mostly journalists rather than pundits. But what you watch on T.V., or read on the internet, is overwhelmingly the work of pundits rather than journalists. In terms of pretty non-biased pundits, your best bet are from companies like Forbes & TIME... and lowkey The Rolling Stone actually has some really talented investigative journalists in their staff.

Some of it is malicious, conspiracy shit... and a lot of it is just human nature. We literally all do it with our speech, it's just more damaging when people with bigger audiences do it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Direct from trannie-Muslim central control ... aka DNC ;-)

I troll various on-line sources, mostly British, some US, and compare ... both in terms of balance, and in terms of "sanity".  Mostly DNC and RNC are exponents of insanity, along with their "useful idiots" in the US media.  Are they useful?  Only in the sense of "if DNC/RNC say it is so" ... you can pretty much say ... distraction or opposite is true.  No fan of Alex Jones.  He tells truths that are NOT to be told ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.