News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Freespeech or not ...

Started by Baruch, August 02, 2019, 12:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 11:04:36 PM
So you shift from Warren to the Clintons and their marital relations?

It is called an analogy.  You make enough excuses to cover every Democrat out there.  Are you being paid enough? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 11:31:39 PM
It is called an analogy.  You make enough excuses to cover every Democrat out there.  Are you being paid enough? ;-)

They say the check is in the mail.  I told them the gold bars were taking up too much space.  What part of suggesting support for just 2 of 20 democratic party candidates do you think is "cover every Democrat out there"?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 13, 2019, 01:28:37 AM
They say the check is in the mail.  I told them the gold bars were taking up too much space.  What part of suggesting support for just 2 of 20 democratic party candidates do you think is "cover every Democrat out there"?

Well that is a relief.  Then the political placards on your lawn won't be a fire hazard.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2019, 01:52:01 AM
Well that is a relief.  Then the political placards on your lawn won't be a fire hazard.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong ALL the time?  I have never put up a lawn sign.  I don't even have any bumber stickers on my car.

I AM, however, considering taping one on an inside window.  "Be alert, this country needs more Lerts".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 11:31:39 PM

People are not in politics for the money, they want to make a difference... except for the GOPers, they really want the money.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 05:00:43 PM
People are not in politics for the money, they want to make a difference... except for the GOPers, they really want the money.

Human animals .. are in anything, for food and sex.  Just like any other animal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2019, 08:36:56 PM
Human animals .. are in anything, for food and sex.  Just like any other animal.

Humans are more complicated - we want money, fame, love, freedoms, approval... etc. In the last 100,000 years we didn't evolve genetically, but we did evolve culturally. In those intervening years, we developed a lot of cravings. So psychologically and socially, we have separated ourselves from the animal kingdom. So yeah, genetically we are still animals. But we are more than one dimension.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 19, 2019, 05:06:47 AM
Humans are more complicated - we want money, fame, love, freedoms, approval... etc. In the last 100,000 years we didn't evolve genetically, but we did evolve culturally. In those intervening years, we developed a lot of cravings. So psychologically and socially, we have separated ourselves from the animal kingdom. So yeah, genetically we are still animals. But we are more than one dimension.

The fact that you have five fingers on each hand, doesn't nullify that you are a mammal.  Humans are dirty animals.  No more, no less.  In fact, we are fatal to any ecology we occupy.  Think algal bloom that kills all the fish in a lake.  Though we are more like zooplankton than phytoplankton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHw7hIHVQeM

How are we like cartoon characters?  This is what a personality is, an improvised script.  All the world is "Sandy Bottom".  We are incarnate (not a light projection) cartoon characters.  Some of us actors (who is doing the acting, or is it "roles" all the way down ...) can do more than one role at the same time, not just the usual character development over time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2019, 10:20:55 AM
The fact that you have five fingers on each hand, doesn't nullify that you are a mammal.  Humans are dirty animals.  No more, no less.  In fact, we are fatal to any ecology we occupy.  Think algal bloom that kills all the fish in a lake.  Though we are more like zooplankton than phytoplankton.

How are we like cartoon characters?  This is what a personality is, an improvised script.  All the world is "Sandy Bottom".  We are incarnate (not a light projection) cartoon characters.  Some of us actors (who is doing the acting, or is it "roles" all the way down ...) can do more than one role at the same time, not just the usual character development over time.

You are an incontrovertible fan of Plato. As I said in another thread: Plato is over-rated. Ask Nietzsche...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 19, 2019, 10:33:40 AM
You are an incontrovertible fan of Plato. As I said in another thread: Plato is over-rated. Ask Nietzsche...

You are guessing.  No, I don't value Plato as a thinker.  He might have been good in bed?  Those Greek boys ...

I have read Nietzsche for decades.  He is always good for a maniacal laugh or two ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2019, 10:35:59 AM
You are guessing.  No, I don't value Plato as a thinker.  He might have been good in bed?  Those Greek boys ...

I have read Nietzsche for decades.  He is always good for a maniacal laugh or two ;-))

Fine, then stop thinking humans as being one dimension. We are animal +.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 19, 2019, 10:41:57 AM
Fine, then stop thinking humans as being one dimension. We are animal +.

100 dimensions, all shit (rhetorical).  Shove Social Darwinism in everyone's face.

It is religious, to think that humans are animal +.  Are you religious?  Residual Catholic much?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2019, 01:15:22 PM
100 dimensions, all shit (rhetorical).  Shove Social Darwinism in everyone's face.

It is religious, to think that humans are animal +.  Are you religious?  Residual Catholic much?

Duh, read my post again... oh wait you can't connect the dots. Hint: animal + means animal with 100,000+ years of culture.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 19, 2019, 01:58:06 PM
Duh, read my post again... oh wait you can't connect the dots. Hint: animal + means animal with 100,000+ years of culture.

Culture, as you yogurt?  Yes, culture is a part of anthropology.  But that doesn't change the facts of human failure.  We are cultured failures.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2019, 03:17:05 PM
Culture, as you yogurt?  Yes, culture is a part of anthropology.  But that doesn't change the facts of human failure.  We are cultured failures.

So cave man = Baruch posting on Internet??? Get real. Your life is a million times better than cave man. Otherwise you'd be dead by age 38, life expectancy of cave man.