News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Freespeech or not ...

Started by Baruch, August 02, 2019, 12:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Now that Soph has been de-platformed over satire about Gay Pride, and since I think her satire is brilliant in a George Carlin way, i am following her on Bitchute instead of on YouAreCommunistTube.

Not for the faint hearted, she shits on Islam (which got her a suspense on YouAreDhimmiTube) and on Gay Pride.  Anti-SJW.  SJW only allow free speech, if you agree with them.  I know quite a lot of you are anti-theist, in that you would de-platform all religious expression.  And are completely unconscious to the notion that there is nothing liberal about your bigotry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

For the last time, free speech has to do with government involvement. Free speech doesn't mean freedom to say whatever stupid shit you want, without consequences. Private businesses are not obligated to give bigots a platform. If you want to be an asshole and get away with it, get a job at Fox News.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 02, 2019, 12:46:49 PM
For the last time, free speech has to do with government involvement. Free speech doesn't mean freedom to say whatever stupid shit you want, without consequences. Private businesses are not obligated to give bigots a platform. If you want to be an asshole and get away with it, get a job at Fox News.

So if I form a private business to oppress you, you are good with that?  No, I don't support homophobia, but Soph is impressive for a 14 year old.

No, y'all support free drugs, free lunch, free immigration etc.

Private businesses using the public space, have to obey public space laws.  Or are you cool with bakeries insulting gay couples?  Are you OK with DC restaurants banning Dems or Repubs?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 02, 2019, 12:39:44 PM
Now that Soph has been de-platformed over satire about Gay Pride, and since I think her satire is brilliant in a George Carlin way, i am following her on Bitchute instead of on YouAreCommunistTube.

Not for the faint hearted, she shits on Islam (which got her a suspense on YouAreDhimmiTube) and on Gay Pride.  Anti-SJW.  SJW only allow free speech, if you agree with them.  I know quite a lot of you are anti-theist, in that you would de-platform all religious expression.  And are completely unconscious to the notion that there is nothing liberal about your bigotry.

Well, you might be right that if I could wave a magic wand and make everyone forget theistic ideas, I probably would.  Just for the sake of Humanity, of course.  And note that that would include atheists too .  No theism, no atheism.  We would all be blank on the concept.

But that also means there would be no "de-platforming" (I have to admit that's a new word-structure to me - though the meaning is immediately obvious and I love new words like that). 

You have an obsession love/hate relationship with SJWs.  You call me that often.  I agree with the title as I understand it.  Seeking social justice for all seems like a reasonable goal.  Trying to help the downtrodden get a fair shake at life seems better than
the meek shall inherit the Earth  As Mordred said in 'Camelot', "its not the Earth the meek inherit, it's the dirt".

I want a world where too many children don't start at the bottom.  We are all of us humans, same species.  They way to improve our general lot is through constantly giving equal chances.  And I am enough of an Evolutionist to say that "after that, you are on your own" to succeed or fail.

There will always be some of us who succeed and some who lose.  That's life.  But I want every child to have a fair start.  And if that makes ME a SJW, I claim the title full willing!

I'm trending towards a Warren/some governor ticket, if that helps you find a criticism handle.  I would say Warren/Harris as a talented duo, but the voters aren't ready for 2 women at once.  Sometimes it is one fight at a time.  When the primaries start, I will have more certainty of the possibilities.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 10:32:24 AM
Well, you might be right that if I could wave a magic wand and make everyone forget theistic ideas, I probably would.  Just for the sake of Humanity, of course.  And note that that would include atheists too .  No theism, no atheism.  We would all be blank on the concept.

But that also means there would be no "de-platforming" (I have to admit that's a new word-structure to me - though the meaning is immediately obvious and I love new words like that). 

You have an obsession love/hate relationship with SJWs.  You call me that often.  I agree with the title as I understand it.  Seeking social justice for all seems like a reasonable goal.  Trying to help the downtrodden get a fair shake at life seems better than
the meek shall inherit the Earth  As Mordred said in 'Camelot', "its not the Earth the meek inherit, it's the dirt".

I want a world where too many children don't start at the bottom.  We are all of us humans, same species.  They way to improve our general lot is through constantly giving equal chances.  And I am enough of an Evolutionist to say that "after that, you are on your own" to succeed or fail.

There will always be some of us who succeed and some who lose.  That's life.  But I want every child to have a fair start.  And if that makes ME a SJW, I claim the title full willing!

I'm trending towards a Warren/some governor ticket, if that helps you find a criticism handle.  I would say Warren/Harris as a talented duo, but the voters aren't ready for 2 women at once.  Sometimes it is one fight at a time.  When the primaries start, I will have more certainty of the possibilities.

You associate with a party of SJWs.  Watch out for who you hang with, or you may hang with them.  Warren = fake candidate = fake Indian.  You will have a hung convention (no Hillary cheating and Bernie possuming).  Oprah or Michelle or even Hillary will drop down by parachute onto the convention floor and save you from your rotten selves.  Given an Oprah or Michelle win (neither has political experience) you can pretty much forget about the USA.  No better than a beauty contest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 12:22:38 PM
You associate with a party of SJWs.  Watch out for who you hang with, or you may hang with them.  Warren = fake candidate = fake Indian.  You will have a hung convention (no Hillary cheating and Bernie possuming).  Oprah or Michelle or even Hillary will drop down by parachute onto the convention floor and save you from your rotten selves.  Given an Oprah or Michelle win (neither has political experience) you can pretty much forget about the USA.  No better than a beauty contest.

Well, first, drop the Pocahantas nonsense.  Warren reported family lore in her youth the same way I thought Cat Ballou was a real ancestor because my Mother said she was. Until I did some research.  Which wasn't available to Warren at the time.

Second, I am not a Democrat.  Its just that I have to vote for most of them because the Republican candidates are even worse.  I might vote for Larry Hogan for Governor again even though he is a Republican.

When there are only 2 political parties that have influence, you have to choose one.  If there was a decent 3rd party at any level, I would give them a try.

The rest of your post is uselessly insulting to almost anyone...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:14:18 PM
Well, first, drop the Pocahantas nonsense.  Warren reported family lore in her youth the same way I thought Cat Ballou was a real ancestor because my Mother said she was. Until I did some research.  Which wasn't available to Warren at the time.

Second, I am not a Democrat.  Its just that I have to vote for most of them because the Republican candidates are even worse.  I might vote for Larry Hogan for Governor again even though he is a Republican.

When there are only 2 political parties that have influence, you have to choose one.  If there was a decent 3rd party at any level, I would give them a try.

The rest of your post is uselessly insulting to almost anyone...

You deny her genetics disconfirmation.  She cheated, same as if I got a scholarship for being Black (which I am not).  A minor sin perhaps, but they are all minor, when done by Democrats, so  says he DNC.

Are you saying you won't support Hillary/Oprah/Michelle ... they have all been mentioned this past year.

I also vote by person/policy.  So we are the same.  But it is fun to tar and feather you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fredd47

2 cents:

Free speech must include the right to offend. if it does not, it is not free speech, but censored speech. Therefore I do not support anti hate speech laws. I do support the suppression of calls to violence [in democratic  country governed by the rule of law)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOxJ-789YtA

Unbeliever

Quote from: fredd47 on August 06, 2019, 08:05:17 PM
Free speech must include the right to offend.

Yeah, we don't have the right to not be offended. I think the skins of too many people have gotten much thinner lately.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 06, 2019, 08:14:52 PM
Yeah, we don't have the right to not be offended. I think the skins of too many people have gotten much thinner lately.

Throw all the Millennials into the deep end of the pond.  Those who survive, survive.  Otherwise they can go complain to the eternal management.

Back in the day, you dealt with troublesome young men, by shanghai-ing them into the British Navy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 02:06:16 PM
You deny her genetics disconfirmation.  She cheated, same as if I got a scholarship for being Black (which I am not).  A minor sin perhaps, but they are all minor, when done by Democrats, so  says he DNC.

Are you saying you won't support Hillary/Oprah/Michelle ... they have all been mentioned this past year.

I also vote by person/policy.  So we are the same.  But it is fun to tar and feather you.

She repeated family lore in college.  So did I.  Mom said Cat Ballou (The movie outlaw) was a great-great-grandmother (Ballou is an angloization of a French family name) and I believed her.  I said that to people in college.  Mom was probably told that by relatives when she was young.  When I researched it out of curiousity, I found there was no such actual person, so I stopped mentioning it.

So who lied?  One does tend to believe what parents' say.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 09:47:34 AM
She repeated family lore in college.  So did I.  Mom said Cat Ballou (The movie outlaw) was a great-great-grandmother (Ballou is an angloization of a French family name) and I believed her.  I said that to people in college.  Mom was probably told that by relatives when she was young.  When I researched it out of curiousity, I found there was no such actual person, so I stopped mentioning it.

So who lied?  One does tend to believe what parents' say.

Then, as you say about anecdotal evidence, she told BS.  Don't excuse her because she is Democrat.  You believe anything a Democrat says, plausible or not.  My parents told me some whoppers too.  But I didn't use it to get a targeted college scholarship.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 01:42:45 PM
Then, as you say about anecdotal evidence, she told BS.  Don't excuse her because she is Democrat.  You believe anything a Democrat says, plausible or not.  My parents told me some whoppers too.  But I didn't use it to get a targeted college scholarship.

She was a Republican.

Aside from that, as I said, she seemed to believe what she was told by older relatives.  That's what "family lore" IS.  And we knew of older relatives in New England that changed their name to "Ballou", so there was some basis for the idea.  And "Catherine" was in the family records.

Mom was a victim of family lore, as are most people who find a family lore wrong.   I expect the same about Warren.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 05:27:16 AM
She was a Republican.

Aside from that, as I said, she seemed to believe what she was told by older relatives.  That's what "family lore" IS.  And we knew of older relatives in New England that changed their name to "Ballou", so there was some basis for the idea.  And "Catherine" was in the family records.

Mom was a victim of family lore, as are most people who find a family lore wrong.   I expect the same about Warren.

Excuses.  Like ... Bill Clinton doesn't get enough huba huba from Hillary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 06:47:20 AM
Excuses.  Like ... Bill Clinton doesn't get enough huba huba from Hillary.

So you shift from Warren to the Clintons and their marital relations?