The Logic of Atheists vs. Theist Arguments

Started by Absolute_Agent, July 31, 2019, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 14, 2019, 02:05:29 AM
Because they said something we agreed with, and couldn't put into better words ourselves? Even then, we're choosing our own people to quote. We are not as a group coming together to decide whose opinions to accept into atheistic canon.

Individualism precludes all conspiracies and potential agreements.  Yes, in every human concept, people are right twice a day, just like a broken clock.  Looking at it random, every 3600 broken clocks are broken the same way (60x60).

@Mr.Obvious ... this primarily responds to you as well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 08:26:42 AM
...people are right twice a day, just like a broken clock. 

Aren't you tired of this old cliché...

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 14, 2019, 02:01:17 AM
You're conflating one scientist's personal opinions with scientific claims. The two are not the same things.
"As Science, Evolution, and Creationism makes clear, the evidence for evolution
can be fully compatible with religious faith. Science and religion are different
ways of understanding the world. Needlessly placing them in opposition reduces the potential of each to contribute to a better future."

National Academy of Sciences and Institute of Medicine of the National Academies (2008).Science, Evolution and Creationism. National Academy of Sciences. p. xiii.
https://www.nap.edu/catalog/11876/science-evolution-and-creationism

Does this look like an individual scientist's personal opinion to you?

Deus summus

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 10:58:55 AM
can be fully compatible with religious faith. Science and religion are different
ways of understanding the world. Needlessly placing them in opposition reduces the potential of each to contribute to a better future."

National Academy of Sciences and Institute of Medicine of the National Academies (2008).Science, Evolution and Creationism. National Academy of Sciences. p. xiii.

Deus summus
Did you read any of that book you listed?  Didn't think so.  I does NOT support creationism in the least.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2019, 11:22:14 AM
Did you read any of that book you listed?  Didn't think so.  I does NOT support creationism in the least.
We weren't debating creationism CI.  Get with the program.

Deus summus

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 11:33:27 AM
We weren't debating creationism CI.  Get with the program.

Deus summus
Yeah, that would be a good idea--look in the mirror when you make that suggestion.  Your listed source does not lend any credence to your 'program' of god nor space spooks.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2019, 11:35:22 AM
Yeah, that would be a good idea--look in the mirror when you make that suggestion.  Your listed source does not lend any credence to your 'program' of god nor space spooks.
I made no such claim.  I think you're confusing this with another debate.

Deus summus

josephpalazzo

Deus summus

What a crock...

That book clearly states that:"...nonscientific alternatives such as creationism should not be part of the science curriculum in the nation's public school." on page xii.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Deus summus

It is an opinion held by some scientists, yes. And it still isn't a scientific claim. You clearly do not understand what science even is.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 08:58:03 AM
Still using insults as a substitute for rational arguments to get your point across I see, @josephpalazzo
Still using bullshit as a substitute for actual facts and reproducible data, I see.

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 08:58:03 AMDon't you want 72 virgins in Paradise?
Good grief, no! I want a hunky studmuffin who knows what he's doing!

Well, okay, two hunky studmuffins.  And I want them now, not in an alleged afterlife for which there's not the tiniest shred of evidence.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 12:44:57 PM
Lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYoRaxgOE0

Suckers?  Those gals aren't lame ... like taking candy from a babe
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 12:04:53 AM
Athiests think they are free of dogma.  If so, why do they keep quoting atheists of past times?

Because they often put the case pithily?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.