The Logic of Atheists vs. Theist Arguments

Started by Absolute_Agent, July 31, 2019, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Baruch on August 03, 2019, 09:31:20 PM
Each human being, animal etc is G-d playing hide-and-seek with G-d.  G-d is the only reality.
I suppose in that sense atheists are the referees?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 08:08:59 AM
I suppose in that sense atheists are the referees?

Not disinterested, in the battle between sects.  No, religion or not, we make a poor showing as representatives of a good G-d.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on August 03, 2019, 06:58:23 PM
I'll tell you one thing.  I'll never take orders from a donkey.  They tell you anything, just to see if they can get you to do something stupid.

It's my experience that donkeys are smart, people are stupid. You've been warned...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 09:10:23 PM
If He had everything He desires, He would get bored, as there would be no thrill of anticipation, of development, or suspense.  He would then, being transcendent, decide to create an illusory time continuum which one part of His consciousness would enter, then sit back and savor the show as everything He already had in reality, gradually but inevitably blossoms into the fullness of glory.  Then He would say Himself "That was grand, let us do it again!" Each time there would be variations and He would also play with it a bit in real time as it's unfolding.   He would create infinitely expanding clusters of worlds and universes in which to enjoy this exquisite game.  And so Viola! Here we are...

Logically speaking that is.

Still peddling your religious horseshit to get gullible people subservient to their masters. The thing is - you are on the wrong forum but too stupid to get it. Are you think that you'll get your 72 virgins anyway without martyring yourself?

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 08:44:19 AM
Still peddling your religious horseshit to get gullible people subservient to their masters. The thing is - you are on the wrong forum but too stupid to get it. Are you think that you'll get your 72 virgins anyway without martyring yourself?

Still using insults as a substitute for rational arguments to get your point across I see, @josephpalazzo.  Don't you want 72 virgins in Paradise?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 08:58:03 AM
Still using insults as a substitute for rational arguments to get your point across I see, @josephpalazzo.  Don't you want 72 virgins in Paradise?

I see that you really believe in that shit of 72 virgins in paradise. So my guess is that you also believe that Muhammad really flew on a winged animal to see God. And worse you think that atheists in this forum are going to believe in that shit also. This is so laughable. You made my day...

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 08:38:21 AM
It's my experience that donkeys are smart, people are stupid. You've been warned...
Thanks for the reminder.  It never hurts to be skeptical of what any donkey tells you.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 10:46:17 AM
I see that you really believe in that shit of 72 virgins in paradise. So my guess is that you also believe that Muhammad really flew on a winged animal to see God. And worse you think that atheists in this forum are going to believe in that shit also. This is so laughable. You made my day...
You're welcome. 

josephpalazzo

Sal1981

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 03, 2019, 08:45:31 PM
You know, I played a video game with that sort of psychology earlier.  A tribesman was captured by a cult.  At first, he resists fiercely.  After a time, he obeys the cult while inwardly hating it.  Later - in an extremely disturbing scene - he gives himself over to the cult and seems to derive great enjoyment in such subservience.

At which stage are you?
Reminds me of the movie Transcendence (a movie I find a lot of people misapprehend). In the beginning of the movie, most people realize who the cultists are, but by the end of the movie, by the magic of narrative, most people seem to have switched their position to rally behind the cultist POV. Fascinating movie, IMO.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on August 03, 2019, 09:24:21 PM
in the Bible, the stars are the angels.  The stars cast down are the fallen angels.

Interpretation. The babble says what it means and means what it says. Thus spake gawd.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on August 04, 2019, 11:21:40 AM
Reminds me of the movie Transcendence (a movie I find a lot of people misapprehend). In the beginning of the movie, most people realize who the cultists are, but by the end of the movie, by the magic of narrative, most people seem to have switched their position to rally behind the cultist POV. Fascinating movie, IMO.
I've enjoyed that movie too.  It's science fiction, not horror, but it's viscerally chilling.

Mike Cl

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 10:46:17 AM
At least, at times, he is amusing.  Every now and again, a belly laugh.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 03, 2019, 08:45:31 PM
Careful.  You're on pretty shaky theological ground here.  Desire comes from want.  Does a god want?
You know, I played a video game with that sort of psychology earlier.  A tribesman was captured by a cult.  At first, he resists fiercely.  After a time, he obeys the cult while inwardly hating it.  Later - in an extremely disturbing scene - he gives himself over to the cult and seems to derive great enjoyment in such subservience.

Reminds me of a movie - A Man Called Horse.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 04, 2019, 10:54:24 AM
Thanks for the reminder.  It never hurts to be skeptical of what any donkey tells you.

Asses .. like politicians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.