News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dem debates ...

Started by Baruch, July 31, 2019, 03:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 11:58:50 AM
Health care is hard.  And a vital interest for the elderly (most of us here).  Giving trillions to immigrants is a non-starter.  You can reprioritize the existing budget to better support Medicare and Medicaid ... and develop better delivery than they provide (and much more competently than a borrowed Republican plan wrapped in Democrat rhetoric).  But you can't have war and peace at the same time.  Choose peace, then you can do more domestically.  It may be objectively true, for instance, that the Canadian system is better than the US system, though imperfect as all systems are.  But that is because Canada is peaceful, not war mongering.

Specify the $Trillions, please.

You Can have war and peace at the same time.  We do it routinely.  Both now and in the past.  I saw documentary film showing German citizens enjoying beach time while England was being bombed in WWII, for example.  And BTW, the women were wearing bikinis that I thought were created in the late 50s. 

But also, War Is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.  Ignorance is Strength.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 09:20:32 AM
Specify the $Trillions, please.

You Can have war and peace at the same time.  We do it routinely.  Both now and in the past.  I saw documentary film showing German citizens enjoying beach time while England was being bombed in WWII, for example.  And BTW, the women were wearing bikinis that I thought were created in the late 50s. 

But also, War Is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.  Ignorance is Streng

OK ... $100,000 per American, over a 60 year lifespan.  So $1667 per person per year.  Multiply by 330 million Americans.  So a total of $550 billion per year.  Adjust up or down but doable.  Same as Canada.  But not if we are warmongering.  US shouldn't be at war, ever.  We have two oceans.  Let Europe die again.

Dems today, resurrecting LBJ.  Part of the 60s repeat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 11:58:34 AM
OK ... $100,000 per American, over a 60 year lifespan.  So $1667 per person per year.  Multiply by 330 million Americans.  So a total of $550 billion per year.  Adjust up or down but doable.  Same as Canada.  But not if we are warmongering.  US shouldn't be at war, ever.  We have two oceans.  Let Europe die again.

Dems today, resurrecting LBJ.  Part of the 60s repeat.

So $550 billion is "trillions"? 

BTW, oceans are no longer a protection.  Bismark was right about them in his time, but not now.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 12:47:08 PM
So $550 billion is "trillions"? 

BTW, oceans are no longer a protection.  Bismark was right about them in his time, but not now.

Pfft ... if you give luxury health insurance (not care) then much more than $1667 per person per year.  Try $6000 per year.  Then it is trillions.

Yes, the only way to save the US ... we must become the 4th Reich.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:11:44 PM
Pfft ... if you give luxury health insurance (not care) then much more than $1667 per person per year.  Try $6000 per year.  Ten it is trillions.

Yes, the only way to save the US ... we must become the 4th Reich.

Nice try.  I bet that took a couple minutes (hey, you DO type fast).  But few people have luxury health insurance and those are mostly billionaires paying for it by Trumpian subsidies.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:20:00 PM
Nice try.  I bet that took a couple minutes (hey, you DO type fast).  But few people have luxury health insurance and those are mostly billionaires paying for it by Trumpian subsidies.

That isn't what the people want.  Personal health insurance is $500 per person.  If all of that went to care, and none to insurance, then it is $6000 per year.  That funds a robust preventative care and the extremely expensive Senior care.  $6000 per month is minimum for end of life care, I know, I paid for my mother.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:38:41 PM
That isn't what the people want.  Personal health insurance is $500 per person.  If all of that went to care, and none to insurance, then it is $6000 per year.  That funds a robust preventative care and the extremely expensive Senior care.  $6000 per month is minimum for end of life care, I know, I paid for my mother.

THAT'S the problem.  Meaningful health care costs are artificially high.  I don't pay $500 per month.  And I'm not even on Medicare (maybe I should be).  There is a reason US citizens go to Canada to by routine meds...  The Govt is in bed with the insurers.  That can change without harm to insurees.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:43:26 PM
THAT'S the problem.  Meaningful health care costs are artificially high.  I don't pay $500 per month.  And I'm not even on Medicare (maybe I should be).  There is a reason US citizens go to Canada to by routine meds...  The Govt is in bed with the insurers.  That can change without harm to insurees.

Thank G-d for communism, and the termination of capitalism.  Kill the drug company executives, kill the doctors, kill the nurses ... greedy bastards ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:47:43 PM
Thank G-d for communism, and the termination of capitalism.  Kill the drug company executives, kill the doctors, kill the nurses ... greedy bastards ;-)

It is amazing watching you change sides daily.  Last week, it was communists who threatened the world, today it is capitalists.  Will it be moderates tomorrow? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 04:43:28 PM
It is amazing watching you change sides daily.  Last week, it was communists who threatened the world, today it is capitalists.  Will it be moderates tomorrow?

"Kill them all, let God sort it out" - Papal ambassador to the Albigensian Crusade in S France.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 06:02:16 PM
"Kill them all, let God sort it out" - Papal ambassador to the Albigensian Crusade in S France.

I use that phrase often in sarcasm.  As an example of theistic stupidity...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 10:17:00 PM
I use that phrase often in sarcasm.  As an example of theistic stupidity...

In poor taste, if you know about Bezier France.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 11:20:49 PM
In poor taste, if you know about Bezier France.

Looked it up and saw no problem.  So what's the sitch?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 13, 2019, 12:52:42 AM
Looked it up and saw no problem.  So what's the sitch?

They massacred all the people there.  Albigensian Crusade, with Papal approval ... is where the quote comes from.  The papal ambassador was present at the massacre.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2019, 01:59:18 AM
They massacred all the people there.  Albigensian Crusade, with Papal approval ... is where the quote comes from.  The papal ambassador was present at the massacre.

Well, I'll be darned.  I thought it was from the Crusades.  Thanks.

Still, just another 1200s theist-on-theist "debate", LOL!