Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Started by Greatest I am, July 25, 2019, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2019, 01:08:46 PM
Good reason.  I could have saved myself a lot of pain, had I only drank and cooked with bottled water.

Well, I look around every couple years.  I found one place that seemed WONDERFUL.  The house was great with exposed beams everywhere and wonderful floors and the layout was really nice, the yard was perfect.  The water was intolerable.   
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SoldierofFortune

Economic pressure knowingly imposed on us is somewhat required for the reasons i do not know in detail.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on September 20, 2019, 05:07:21 PM
Economic pressure knowingly imposed on us is somewhat required for the reasons i do not know in detail.

If you didn't have social pressure (and money is a good incentive) you would lay around all day stoned on drugs, like UC Berkeley circa 1966.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteJesse discussed the NOT AT ALL RANDOM audits being conducted by the IRS as a cost-saving measure. Humphrey County Mississippi (with a median yearly household income of only $26,000) is being audited by the IRS FIFTY-ONE PERCENT more often than families in Loudoun County, Virginia where the median income is almost $130,000!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTskhApJaVU

Your tax dollars at work?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hijiri Byakuren

It could be argued that some poverty used to be necessary to fill out certain economic niches. Maybe. But now with automation becoming exponentially more advanced, knowingly allowing or causing poverty is going to get people killed, especially without universal healthcare and government safety nets. Hell, given some of the horror stories I've read, I think it already has.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Unbeliever

Soon there will be very few jobs that can't be automated: driving jobs, cooking jobs, banking jobs, blue collar or white collar. What will people do then, when there are no jobs left for people to do?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 07, 2019, 07:50:06 PM
It could be argued that some poverty used to be necessary to fill out certain economic niches. Maybe. But now with automation becoming exponentially more advanced, knowingly allowing or causing poverty is going to get people killed, especially without universal healthcare and government safety nets. Hell, given some of the horror stories I've read, I think it already has.

That is why alcohol is legal, MJ is being legalized, and the opiate crisis was allowed to rage.  Culling the peasants.

PS, the IRS has always gone after the poor.  The government never has worked for the poor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 07, 2019, 07:57:22 PM
Soon there will be very few jobs that can't be automated: driving jobs, cooking jobs, banking jobs, blue collar or white collar. What will people do then, when there are no jobs left for people to do?

Marx's army of the unemployed.  Can't wait until the whole world is retired, like I am.  Enjoy!

Really, AI and robots are as fake as Elon Musk.  And nobody has really ever wanted to work for a living.  Stoners, all of you ;-)

Maybe y'all can get commissar AOC to provide.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Hartmann really lays it out, here:

QuoteWhat are Republicans planning for Christmas? Thom Hartmann exposes the Frightening Plans Republicans have for Christmas that could leave you seeing double.

Will the Republican Two Santa Theory work on the America people, letting the billionaires get coal bailouts for the holidays or will the American people see through it. 

Judd Wanniski's Two Santa Clause Theory has been a Republican tactic since the 1980s and it looks like they are up to their old tricks again.

Share this video with your friends to let them know about the upcoming Republican scheme to steal your social security, cut social safety nets and blame it all on the Democratic Party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu68vZ8Hx-k

It's also called "starving the beast."
God Not Found

Baruch

Unbeliever, so many videos.  Are you the new pr126?

This is an atheist forum.  You would cancel Xmas completely.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yes, I would cancel Christmas, and replace it with Saturnalia.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 04, 2019, 06:05:10 PM

Why not both?  Isn't commercial Xmas Saturnalia already?  Leftist utopia ... steam powered perpetual motion industry ... every day is a holiday (without any classes), nobody has to work anymore (except Mrs Marx et al ... funny how Karl didn't liberate his wife).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 04, 2019, 06:05:10 PM

So, which orgy do you attend?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

It's been a long time since I could do that! I had to give it up for Lent.
God Not Found

SoldierofFortune

*reply to the OP*

There is a slang expression in Turkish as follows: ''Who fucks us'' meaning that ''they do not really care about us''

No matter it is moral or not for the US government or the Turkish government to make the povery a destiny for us...Actually, what they financial and at the same time intellectual elites want is this, not to educate the masses, to impose poverty on masses...thus masses cannot rebel against the superpower domination of the ultrarich...

Are you a believer in the morality or ethics of human rights? I am but they are not; it is not my job or i have no capacity to judge or debate them, their philosophy is so different from ours...at least, i've started believing that they are right to some extent to decide who will go to war and die or who will go the ivy college and has a place in much more levels... By the way, you can know you are a slave, but you cannot do anything about this. Just be a slave who know that you are slave...