Author Topic: Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2019, 01:15:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good reason.  I could have saved myself a lot of pain, had I only drank and cooked with bottled water.

Well, I look around every couple years.  I found one place that seemed WONDERFUL.  The house was great with exposed beams everywhere and wonderful floors and the layout was really nice, the yard was perfect.  The water was intolerable.   
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2019, 05:07:21 PM »
Economic pressure knowingly imposed on us is somewhat required for the reasons i do not know in detail.

Online Baruch

« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2019, 09:46:27 PM »
Economic pressure knowingly imposed on us is somewhat required for the reasons i do not know in detail.

If you didn't have social pressure (and money is a good incentive) you would lay around all day stoned on drugs, like UC Berkeley circa 1966.
Zampa xiquihto.  Amo nimitzcuamachilia.
Say it again.  I don't understand you.

« Reply #288 on: October 07, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
Jesse discussed the NOT AT ALL RANDOM audits being conducted by the IRS as a cost-saving measure. Humphrey County Mississippi (with a median yearly household income of only $26,000) is being audited by the IRS FIFTY-ONE PERCENT more often than families in Loudoun County, Virginia where the median income is almost $130,000!!!

Your tax dollars at work?
“Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written; I'd rather boast about the ones I've read.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Hijiri Byakuren

• ULC Minister, Honorary Doctor of Divinity
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • That's DOCTOR Hijiri, to you!
    • Sargon Lore
« Reply #289 on: October 07, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »
It could be argued that some poverty used to be necessary to fill out certain economic niches. Maybe. But now with automation becoming exponentially more advanced, knowingly allowing or causing poverty is going to get people killed, especially without universal healthcare and government safety nets. Hell, given some of the horror stories I've read, I think it already has.
"Existence is beautiful, if you let it be. Life is not a question. There does not need to be an answer."
- No Man's Sky

« Reply #290 on: October 07, 2019, 07:57:22 PM »
Soon there will be very few jobs that can't be automated: driving jobs, cooking jobs, banking jobs, blue collar or white collar. What will people do then, when there are no jobs left for people to do?
“Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written; I'd rather boast about the ones I've read.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

Online Baruch

« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2019, 09:31:23 AM »
It could be argued that some poverty used to be necessary to fill out certain economic niches. Maybe. But now with automation becoming exponentially more advanced, knowingly allowing or causing poverty is going to get people killed, especially without universal healthcare and government safety nets. Hell, given some of the horror stories I've read, I think it already has.

That is why alcohol is legal, MJ is being legalized, and the opiate crisis was allowed to rage.  Culling the peasants.

PS, the IRS has always gone after the poor.  The government never has worked for the poor.

Online Baruch

« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2019, 09:33:17 AM »
Soon there will be very few jobs that can't be automated: driving jobs, cooking jobs, banking jobs, blue collar or white collar. What will people do then, when there are no jobs left for people to do?

Marx's army of the unemployed.  Can't wait until the whole world is retired, like I am.  Enjoy!

Really, AI and robots are as fake as Elon Musk.  And nobody has really ever wanted to work for a living.  Stoners, all of you ;-)

Maybe y'all can get commissar AOC to provide.

« Reply #293 on: November 04, 2019, 04:42:34 PM »
Hartmann really lays it out, here:

What are Republicans planning for Christmas? Thom Hartmann exposes the Frightening Plans Republicans have for Christmas that could leave you seeing double.

Will the Republican Two Santa Theory work on the America people, letting the billionaires get coal bailouts for the holidays or will the American people see through it. 

Judd Wanniski's Two Santa Clause Theory has been a Republican tactic since the 1980s and it looks like they are up to their old tricks again.

Share this video with your friends to let them know about the upcoming Republican scheme to steal your social security, cut social safety nets and blame it all on the Democratic Party.

It's also called "starving the beast."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:45:56 PM by Unbeliever »
― Jorge Luis Borges

Online Baruch

« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »
Unbeliever, so many videos.  Are you the new pr126?

This is an atheist forum.  You would cancel Xmas completely.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:57:33 PM by Baruch »

« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »
Yes, I would cancel Christmas, and replace it with Saturnalia.
― Jorge Luis Borges

Online Baruch

« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »

Why not both?  Isn't commercial Xmas Saturnalia already?  Leftist utopia ... steam powered perpetual motion industry ... every day is a holiday (without any classes), nobody has to work anymore (except Mrs Marx et al ... funny how Karl didn't liberate his wife).

Offline Munch

« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2019, 03:48:04 PM »

So, which orgy do you attend?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2019, 03:58:29 PM »
It's been a long time since I could do that! I had to give it up for Lent.
― Jorge Luis Borges

« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2019, 04:45:59 PM »
*reply to the OP*

There is a slang expression in Turkish as follows: ''Who fucks us'' meaning that ''they do not really care about us''

No matter it is moral or not for the US government or the Turkish government to make the povery a destiny for us...Actually, what they financial and at the same time intellectual elites want is this, not to educate the masses, to impose poverty on masses...thus masses cannot rebel against the superpower domination of the ultrarich...

Are you a believer in the morality or ethics of human rights? I am but they are not; it is not my job or i have no capacity to judge or debate them, their philosophy is so different from ours...at least, i've started believing that they are right to some extent to decide who will go to war and die or who will go the ivy college and has a place in much more levels... By the way, you can know you are a slave, but you cannot do anything about this. Just be a slave who know that you are slave...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk