Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Started by Greatest I am, July 25, 2019, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2019, 10:18:38 PM
US in 1950 and Canada in 1950 were similar.  A long time ago.  We both still oppressed the First Nations, but the Canada didn't have any African-Americans to torture.

True, and that made a world of a difference.

It made us a curt above. Polite but deadly.

You just deadly.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on August 27, 2019, 01:24:14 PM
True, and that made a world of a difference.

It made us a curt above. Polite but deadly.

You just deadly.

Regards
DL

We could have loaned you some African-Americans, but they don't do well in cold.  And taught you Jim Crow … but no ….
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 27, 2019, 07:13:28 PM
We could have loaned you some African-Americans, but they don't do well in cold.  And taught you Jim Crow … but no ….

I sure hope that was sarcasm...

I had to consider this tripe for a while and whether to reply, but I dislike leaving such nonsense unchallenged.  That how such drivel gains acceptability.

No one does well in the cold when their food is meager and the shelters barely able to retain heat and little warmth is available from lack of fuel.  You can even freeze to death in Alabama, BTW.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2019, 10:09:36 PM
I sure hope that was sarcasm...

I had to consider this tripe for a while and whether to reply, but I dislike leaving such nonsense unchallenged.  That how such drivel gains acceptability.

No one does well in the cold when their food is meager and the shelters barely able to retain heat and little warmth is available from lack of fuel.  You can even freeze to death in Alabama, BTW.

Yes, sarcasm.  Directed at holier than though Canadians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 01:07:49 AM

Yes, sarcasm.  Directed at holier than though Canadians.

How dare you criticize Canadians?  They are admired throughout the world.  In fact, the safest claim to make overseas is that you are "Canadian".  If I ever traveled overseas, I would wear a T shirt that said "Don't Blame Me - I'm Canadian".  And practice saying "hey" like they do.

;)

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 01:33:01 AM
How dare you criticize Canadians?  They are admired throughout the world.  In fact, the safest claim to make overseas is that you are "Canadian".  If I ever traveled overseas, I would wear a T shirt that said "Don't Blame Me - I'm Canadian".  And practice saying "hey" like they do.

;)

Yes.  I like Canadians better than my own nation.  But that is because I know Americans all too well.  If the Canadians are relatively unknown to me, that is too their advantage.  Eh?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 01:38:53 AM
Yes.  I like Canadians better than my own nation.  But that is because I know Americans all too well.  If the Canadians are relatively unknown to me, that is too their advantage.  Eh?

Breaking news!  Trump just tweeted that the US should annex Canada.  He said "They have all the ice and we will need that as South Africa is on fire".  Apparently, that's why he wanted Greenland.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 01:45:22 AM
Breaking news!  Trump just tweeted that the US should annex Canada.  He said "They have all the ice and we will need that as South Africa is on fire".  Apparently, that's why he wanted Greenland.

Old joke from 1992.  They said that about Ross Perot.  Another businessman.  Like most primates, uneasy lies the alpha male crown.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 01:49:27 AM

Old joke from 1992.  They said that about Ross Perot.  Another businessman.  Like most primates, uneasy lies the alpha male crown.

Can you show it?  I thought I made it up myself?  I should give credit.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 28, 2019, 01:45:22 AM

Yeah, I figured maybe he wanted Greenland so he'd have some place for his "daughter" and her family to hole up once the mainland USA is a desert. Maybe that's why he wants Canada, too.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 31, 2019, 01:35:57 PM
Yeah, I figured maybe he wanted Greenland so he'd have some place for his "daughter" and her family to hole up once the mainland USA is a desert. Maybe that's why he wants Canada, too.

As the climate warms, Canada is going to be prime agricultural territory.  What happens when they tell us Americans are illegal aliens?  Will that stop us any more than the Central Americans moving here today?

If I was 20, I would move to Canada (legally while I still could) and get naturalized.  And wait....

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 01:41:11 PM
As the climate warms, Canada is going to be prime agricultural territory.  What happens when they tell us Americans are illegal aliens?  Will that stop us any more than the Central Americans moving here today?

If I was 20, I would move to Canada (legally while I still could) and get naturalized.  And wait....

Should have gone during the Vietnam War.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 01:30:48 PM
Can you show it?  I thought I made it up myself?  I should give credit.

It was a cartoon, by another rich hating liberal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2019, 04:35:40 PM
Should have gone during the Vietnam War.

I bet on the 1969 lottery.  They were drafting 1 year's numbers from 3 years of us 18-20 year olds.  I dropped my college deferment.  My number came up way too high to be called.  But had my number been low, I wouldn't served.  It was a stupid war.  Even my Republican Grandparents knew it..

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 06:47:23 PM
I bet on the 1969 lottery.  They were drafting 1 year's numbers from 3 years of us 18-20 year olds.  I dropped my college deferment.  My number came up way too high to be called.  But had my number been low, I wouldn't served.  It was a stupid war.  Even my Republican Grandparents knew it..

Lucky you.  Some poor Black bastard was sent in your place.  You know that is how the draft really worked.  Should have sent all the White college students first.

Yes, a stupid war by an evil President.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.