Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Started by Greatest I am, July 25, 2019, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Greatest I am on August 10, 2019, 03:08:26 PM
Your thinking is Socratic and accurate.

Duty and honor more than duty and knowledge was what he said should rule.

Today, the philosopher can easily be replaced by a demographer.

We are led by ideals and ideal can be found in demographic graphs just as they can be visualized.

Regards
DL

Ever heard of National Security Study Memorandum 200?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 13, 2019, 07:44:42 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Study_Memorandum_200

It never happened.  Club of Rome never happened ... these are not the conspiracy robots you are looking for ... Jedi Joe mind trick.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2019, 10:28:36 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Study_Memorandum_200

It never happened.  Club of Rome never happened ... these are not the conspiracy robots you are looking for ... Jedi Joe mind trick.

I brought it up because one of the things that was talked about was controlling the population in some of the poor rapidly expanding population countries the demographers identified as potential threats by limiting the food supplies to those countries.

That's the kind of things that might happen if you put the demographers in charge. Too many people too fast? Fuck it. Let's starve the mother fuckers to death.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 13, 2019, 04:15:20 PM
I brought it up because one of the things that was talked about was controlling the population in some of the poor rapidly expanding population countries the demographers identified as potential threats by limiting the food supplies to those countries.

That's the kind of things that might happen if you put the demographers in charge. Too many people too fast? Fuck it. Let's starve the mother fuckers to death.

Correct.  But the conspiracy theory is to kill the Europeans, and replace them with Africans et al.  Because they are easier to control.  It is yet to be determined, that it will be Africans killed in Africa, to be replaced with Chinese immigrants.  There are already 300,000 Chinese guest workers in Italy.  They aren't there for the spaghetti.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 12:11:57 AM
Correct.  But the conspiracy theory is to kill the Europeans, and replace them with Africans et al.  Because they are easier to control.  It is yet to be determined, that it will be Africans killed in Africa, to be replaced with Chinese immigrants.  There are already 300,000 Chinese guest workers in Italy.  They aren't there for the spaghetti.

I had to look that up, but there are infact already over 300,000 Chinese nationals in Italy, and that is depressing.

It's not that immigrants are coming in, it's from where and for why. I doubt it's much coincidence that the Chinese government is also opening 4 ports (one in my mothersland of Sicily) across Italy. Trading the Mafia for Xi. One more port of call for Xi's new Silk Road, his economic dominion of the world (that already extends from China to most of Africa and Eastern Europe).

It's been over 2300 years since Sicily was free of imperial control, of one empire or another... and it looks like that won't be changing for a few hundred more at least. They might benefit in the short-term, but I doubt the Sicilian people's best interest are in the Communist parties mind.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2019, 12:33:06 AM
I had to look that up, but there are infact already over 300,000 Chinese nationals in Italy, and that is depressing.

It's not that immigrants are coming in, it's from where and for why. I doubt it's much coincidence that the Chinese government is also opening 4 ports (one in my mothersland of Sicily) across Italy. Trading the Mafia for Xi. One more port of call for Xi's new Silk Road, his economic dominion of the world (that already extends from China to most of Africa and Eastern Europe).

It's been over 2300 years since Sicily was free of imperial control, of one empire or another... and it looks like that won't be changing for a few hundred more at least. They might benefit in the short-term, but I doubt the Sicilian people's best interest are in the Communist parties mind.

Italian government corruption.  Not immigrants, but slave labor located outside Uigher territory.  Think if maquiladora factories were on the Texas side of the border, and Mexican people were trafficked from Mexico to them.  Yes, for money, lets move 1 million Chinese to San Francisco, build a real China Town, and expel all the non-Chinese residents ;-)  As foreign laborers, no danger they will vote D party.  Or would we prefer 1 million Hong Kong refugees moving to Cali.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 31, 2019, 10:41:09 PM
Baruch's the very model of a biblical philologist...:-P

If only that would be true the quality of this forum would improve by at least 10%...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 04:14:16 AM
If only that would be true the quality of this forum would improve by at least 10%...

Outside of physics, your candle is no brighter than anyone else's.  MikeCL is a good Biblical scholar too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 13, 2019, 07:44:42 AM

Not particularly, but after reading on it, I see a U.N. POV that has been with us and in effect for a long time.

It's logic seems accurate.

The U.N. has universal religious programs that it is implementing world wide so a centralized governance is where we are all heading and as a universalist, I do not mind, and in fact promote a one world system, because that is what will be needed as our planet tries to have us go extinct thanks to our screwing up our own eco system.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 13, 2019, 04:15:20 PM

That is not what a demographer would do or recommend.

He would impose a diet on all the obese nations that want to starve others.

Regards
DL

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 08:33:56 AM
Outside of physics, your candle is no brighter than anyone else's. 

Flattery won't get you anywhere.

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on August 14, 2019, 08:40:38 AM
Not particularly, but after reading on it, I see a U.N. POV that has been with us and in effect for a long time.

It's logic seems accurate.

The U.N. has universal religious programs that it is implementing world wide so a centralized governance is where we are all heading and as a universalist, I do not mind, and in fact promote a one world system, because that is what will be needed as our planet tries to have us go extinct thanks to our screwing up our own eco system.

Regards
DL

Where we differ.  I want the US out of the UN.  I don't want to be tied to other Americans, let alone to non-Americans who's interests are opposed to mine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 01:24:04 PM
Sorry, all out of steam rollers ;-)
If you're looking to change your avatar to Saint Hitler, a google search will give you plenty...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 01:26:31 PM
If you're looking to change your avatar to Saint Hitler, a google search will give you plenty...

Some people hated Churchill before WW II.  Others hated Churchill during WW II.  Yet more hated Churchill after WW II, and even after he died.

The Catholic Church (of Satan) was one such group, before, during and after ... all three types.  So like the movie "Telefon" with Charles Bronson, are you waiting for your trigger phrase from the Papal nuncio? (Sarc)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.