Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Started by Greatest I am, July 25, 2019, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on July 28, 2019, 10:30:12 AM
Do you really believe that they are purposely creating crises?

Regards
DL

Never ascribe to malice, what is more easily explained by incompetence - Napoleon

Crises come and go, in spite of action or inaction.  The rulers are not possessors of any competence.  The French royalty circa 1788 for example?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on July 28, 2019, 10:35:27 AM

Chompskey calls the U.S. education system and indoctrination system that does not want to produce critical thinkers.
Governments are mimicking religious indoctrination methods.
Sheeple are so much easier to control than thinkers.

Regards
DL
Can't argue with that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2019, 10:40:30 AM
Never ascribe to malice, what is more easily explained by incompetence - Napoleon

Crises come and go, in spite of action or inaction.  The rulers are not possessors of any competence.  The French royalty circa 1788 for example?

They did not have demographics in those days so I do not accept your reply as equivalent.

If you or I lived back then, we could not know half of what we know today.

Regards
DL

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Greatest I am on July 27, 2019, 03:25:26 PM
Compete as usual, as everyone of your competitors is in the same boat.

You are correct that there are things about the economy I do not know.

You are showing that you have less of a clue than I have.

Go ahead and come up with all the thousands of minute and irrelevant details you want, while I just have to think demographically and see how little change to that graph is necessary to end the immoral practice of our governments imposing poverty on us. Loose change to the rich side.

Regards
DL

As I wrote earlier you don't have a single clue of how the economy works and here you are making an economic proposal without considering its impact, and worse, you don't give a shit about learning what's at stakes. So this is a waste of time.

Greatest I am

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 28, 2019, 01:40:06 PM
As I wrote earlier you don't have a single clue of how the economy works and here you are making an economic proposal without considering its impact, and worse, you don't give a shit about learning what's at stakes. So this is a waste of time.

Correct as you do not know as much as you think you know.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on July 28, 2019, 10:58:45 AM
They did not have demographics in those days so I do not accept your reply as equivalent.

If you or I lived back then, we could not know half of what we know today.

Regards
DL

We know nothing.  Our ancestors knew nothing. But we are equals to them in arrogance.  You love idealism ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ5YN1Idvjo

What do you think of this guy?  Among currently living he models a better god than the Abrahamic religions (desert war gods).  But beware of the god you looks like yourself; you may be engaged in projection and self love.

I don't accept the dogma of progress.  Individual life is too short for humanity to progress.  Technological self destruction, I do not regard as progress.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2019, 03:13:54 PM
We know nothing.  Our ancestors knew nothing. But we are equals to them in arrogance.  You love idealism ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ5YN1Idvjo

What do you think of this guy?  Among currently living he models a better god than the Abrahamic religions (desert war gods).  But beware of the god you looks like yourself; you may be engaged in projection and self love.

I don't accept the dogma of progress.  Individual life is too short for humanity to progress.  Technological self destruction, I do not regard as progress.

My favorite guru. He has a piece on why religions are violent and also on one where he speaks of the suicide rate and projects that in 50 years, 50% of all deaths will be suicide.

"We know nothing."

Linguistically incorrect.

You know how to write, as I do in my poor fashion.

I see scientific progress but not much in how we see ourselves. I think in that sense, we have deteriorated from the time we started reading our myths literally and began idol worshiping genocidal and infanticidal gods while calling them good.

I have not viewed that link from Sadguru but will give it a listen. Thanks for liking a guy I like. Great minds think alike so do give yourself more credit on what you know.

Regards
DL 

Baruch

Arik turned me on to Sadhguru.  So many gurus from India have been ... cults of personality.  Here is the thing he says that matches ... why morality is a mistake ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mo1cUvwR3s

The materialists won't watch it.  It goes against their virtue signaling and desire for a secular Inquisition.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2019, 05:29:45 PM
Arik turned me on to Sadguru.  So many gurus from India have been ... cults of personality.  Here is the thing he says that matches ... why morality is a mistake ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mo1cUvwR3s

The materialists won't watch it.  It goes against their virtue signaling and desire for a secular Inquisition.

Reciprocity is fair play and a response by secular forces with their own inquisition, to fight the low level Christian and Muslim inquisition and jihads against gays and women is fair play.

How else would you suggest that secular nations show that they give full equality to all people?

Or do you suggest that they let religions continue to bring their vile and immoral prejudices to the public spaces?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2019, 05:29:45 PM
... why morality is a mistake ...

Human morality is something we are born with. I think you have seen that baby experiment link that I use.
If morality is a mistake, you would have to blame mother nature.
If nature did not see it as useful to our evolution and life, we would likely have dropped that trait from our evolutions repertoire.
Sadguru wants us to be more human, which says that we should recognize that we all seek to live in moral societies. That is why we have given up most of our freedom for security.

BTW, surveys show that about 70% of all of us share the same basic moral tenets which begin with some form of reciprocity rule.

We talk moral in my home with 4 diverse sons. We do not usually clash or end at wildly different conclusion once we all understand the same metaphors that are used to help discussions along.

Regards
DL

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 27, 2019, 04:50:07 PM
And that is the path the path to the Gulag.  Except in Trudeau Canada.

MAGA - Make America Gulag Archipelago
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on July 28, 2019, 06:04:56 PM
Human morality is something we are born with. I think you have seen that baby experiment link that I use.
If morality is a mistake, you would have to blame mother nature.
If nature did not see it as useful to our evolution and life, we would likely have dropped that trait from our evolutions repertoire.
Sadguru wants us to be more human, which says that we should recognize that we all seek to live in moral societies. That is why we have given up most of our freedom for security.

BTW, surveys show that about 70% of all of us share the same basic moral tenets which begin with some form of reciprocity rule.

We talk moral in my home with 4 diverse sons. We do not usually clash or end at wildly different conclusion once we all understand the same metaphors that are used to help discussions along.

Regards
DL

Is air a mistake?  But you have to have air for a fire to burn.  Reciprocity nearly means that if you let me do my robbery, I will let you do your rape.  Honor among thieves.  Of course this is necessary for social cohesion.  Those who don't believe in social cohesion are the sociopaths.  But is "not" being a sociopath, sufficient?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 28, 2019, 06:10:31 PM
MAGA - Make America Gulag Archipelago

Make All Girls Angry ... aka Feminism at its root.  Besides, gulags are a Dem thing.  Death camps are the Repub thing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2019, 10:45:55 PM
Is air a mistake?  But you have to have air for a fire to burn.  Reciprocity nearly means that if you let me do my robbery, I will let you do your rape.  Honor among thieves.  Of course this is necessary for social cohesion.  Those who don't believe in social cohesion are the sociopaths.  But is "not" being a sociopath, sufficient?

We are instinctively tribal and seek cohesion, unless as you indicate, one has a mental problem.

I see putting that cohesive desire as harmful when one become a thoughtless sheeple who will put his moral sense aside to follow something stupid or immoral in the tribes ideology. Like talking serpents and donkeys are real and a genocidal god is somehow a good dod.

Strange that you think that thieves want to be victims of thievery.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2019, 10:47:44 PM
Make All Girls Angry ... aka Feminism at its root.  Besides, gulags are a Dem thing.  Death camps are the Repub thing.

Do girls and women have a good reason to be angry?

Regards
DL