News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Witcher Series

Started by drunkenshoe, July 20, 2019, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

So what did you think? He is still too smooth to me for being Geralt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Mmm...not yet witchy enough.  (old Penny Arcade joke)

But yes, I'm very excited.  I've heard great things about this series.

Confession: I've never played any of the games or read any of the novels, despite buying Witcher 2 and having the books in my queue for ages.  :(

I can't wait to add the show to my queue as well!  (Seriously, I'm going to get to it sometime)

Shiranu

QuoteConfession: I've never played any of the games or read any of the novels, despite buying Witcher 2 and having the books in my queue for ages.  :(

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

There's only so many hours in a day!  And too much good stuff out there!

Sal1981

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 20, 2019, 08:38:30 PM
A bit too buff too.

I know, right? To me, Henry Cavill is too handsome and it's off putting. He is not sexy.

When I heard about the series, I automatically thought it would be terrible because there is a ready fan base from the game and so they would create a game based copy paste characters. So I was surprised and this teaser actually look much better than I expected. But now I can't decide if it really has potential or that's because my expectations was so low. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 25, 2019, 08:34:49 AM
I know, right? To me, Henry Cavill is too handsome and it's off putting. He is not sexy.

When I heard about the series, I automatically thought it would be terrible because there is a ready fan base from the game and so they would create a game based copy paste characters. So I was surprised and this teaser actually look much better than I expected. But now I can't decide if it really has potential or that's because my expectations was so low.

as it is with comic book movies.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Yep. But then apparently, they are made from the books.