News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

History Of The Ottoman Empire

Started by Draconic Aiur, July 18, 2019, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 19, 2019, 04:50:15 PM
No, concerning Tengrism.  Just heard about the Kalmyks though.

These girls?

Those are Kazakistan Turks. Where the people coming down from International Space Center, lands? 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 20, 2019, 07:06:12 PM
LOL There is even a program in Harvard. Ottoman and Turkish studies.

Baruch, get to work and find out what's the conspiracy theory on that one. It doesn't look new.

Harvard studying Central Asia?  That is easy.  Skull & Bones at Yale can't do all the dirty scholarship.  Someone has to provide culture academics for the State Dept etc.

Don't mess with the Massagetae!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massagetae
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

It's not Central Asia, it is Anatolia. Get to Mesopotamia, walk some way up and go on to West. I know, Americans will get the hang of the geography of the world one day, you landed on the moon. I got tears when listening Collins a day ago, try harder. You owe that to them. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 20, 2019, 07:32:45 PM
It's not Central Asia, it is Anatolia. Get to Mesopotamia, walk some way up and go on to West. I know, Americans will get the hang of the geography of the world one day, you landed on the moon. I got tears when listening Collins a day ago, try harder. You owe that to them. :)

Not where the Turks came from.  They are in "temporary" occupation of Anatolia.  Erdogan just needs to keep messing up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 07:36:41 PM
Not where the Turks came from.  They are in "temporary" occupation of Anatolia.  Erdogan just needs to keep messing up.

Oh ffs, 'temporary' for a 1000 years?! Turks entered Anatolia in 1071!

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 20, 2019, 07:48:04 PM
Oh ffs, 'temporary' for a 1000 years?! Turks entered Anatolia in 1071!

The Egyptians have perspective we can't imagine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 08:09:49 PM
The Egyptians have perspective we can't imagine.

LOL They are the epitome of ancient for the Western world isn't it? Well, it makes sense.

But then there is Hitites, Assyrians AND Sumerians, you know. (If you even spell Annunaki, I'll smack you.)

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 20, 2019, 08:34:25 PM
LOL They are the epitome of ancient for the Western world isn't it? Well, it makes sense.

But then there is Hitites, Assyrians AND Sumerians, you know. (If you even spell Annunaki, I'll smack you.)

Stick that on your clay tablet and smoke it!  Egyptians still exist, Sumerians not so much.  The drought around 2000 BCE, and intermarrying with Akkadians pretty much diluted them out, except for their religion and language.  Like Manchu occupying China.  There are very few actual Manchu left, because they got absorbed by the Han.

The Egyptian stone work is hard for modern Egyptians to forget.  Mesopotamian clay work has mostly eroded into dirt.

The Chinese know they have been around a long time, but their writing doesn't go as far back.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 09:21:07 PM
Stick that on your clay tablet and smoke it!  Egyptians still exist, Sumerians not so much.  The drought around 2000 BCE, and intermarrying with Akkadians pretty much diluted them out, except for their religion and language.  Like Manchu occupying China.  There are very few actual Manchu left, because they got absorbed by the Han.

The Egyptian stone work is hard for modern Egyptians to forget.  Mesopotamian clay work has mostly eroded into dirt.

The Chinese know they have been around a long time, but their writing doesn't go as far back.

Oh ffs. Prefiguration and Postfiguration and all, Baruch?

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 24, 2019, 05:52:54 PM
Oh ffs. Prefiguration and Postfiguration and all, Baruch?

I just hope that Erdogan's Neo-Sultanate isn't driven to war with the West.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

If you want to find where the serious problems of the world are, just look for neighbors of differing religions... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 10:31:40 AM
If you want to find where the serious problems of the world are, just look for neighbors of differing religions...

Globalism = the world is too small for more than one country.  Question?  Red ants or black ants?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 12:05:32 PM
Globalism = the world is too small for more than one country.  Question?  Red ants or black ants?

Is the US too small for 50 States? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 12:09:03 PM
Is the US too small for 50 States?

Yes.  This has been true for over 158 years.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 12:11:18 PM
Yes.  This has been true for over 158 years.

OK, why?  You are quick with the claim, how about some reasons?