Why are we being distracted by Trump fluff? Deutsche Bank collapse in progress

Started by Baruch, July 17, 2019, 12:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 12:53:02 PM
Putin is no more a "patriot" than Trump or any other wanna-be dictator is.  Wanting power for the sake of the is not patriotic.  I may not be either.  I'm more attuned to the advancement of the human species (responsibly) than any particular nation.  Though I do think the US is a decent start.

I am not Russian.  So I don't support his goals.  But I can understand them.  You want to conquer the world, to remake it in the mold of Boston MA.  Clearly you are a globalist, and no globalist can be a patriot, because patriotism means nationalism.

Do you have tourette's, since you must mention Trump (a curse word) in most of your posts?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:08:06 PM
I am not Russian.  So I don't support his goals.  But I can understand them.  You want to conquer the world, to remake it in the mold of Boston MA.  Clearly you are a globalist, and no globalist can be a patriot, because patriotism means nationalism.

Do you have tourette's, since you must mention Trump (a curse word) in most of your posts?

If I said you were "Russian", I apologize.  Actually, you are more Czarist.

I AM a globalist.  But it takes a good nation to lead the way.  In that regard, I am also a patriot.

Trump deserves worse than I say about him.  But actually, I mention him a lot because he is at the center of a general collapse of global democracy.  I wish him a successful MCheart attack...  The sooner the better.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:25:02 PM
If I said you were "Russian", I apologize.  Actually, you are more Czarist.

I AM a globalist.  But it takes a good nation to lead the way.  In that regard, I am also a patriot.

Trump deserves worse than I say about him.  But actually, I mention him a lot because he is at the center of a general collapse of global democracy.  I wish him a successful MCheart attack...  The sooner the better.

Be who you are.  But don't expect support for being who you are.  I don't.  You credit Trump with super powers ... TDS.  The US is not a good nation.  Yes, I am a bit monarchial ... Czar and younger son (not Nicholas) reviews Russian military academy graduates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwYR3L7Vrs

The communists were ... animals.  Still are.

The Russians are people too.  Not sub-humans.  Actually rather Western.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:29:28 PM
Be who you are.  But don't expect support for being who you are.  I don't.  You credit Trump with super powers ... TDS.  The US is not a good nation.  Yes, I am a bit monarchial ... Czar and younger son (not Nicholas) reviews Russian military academy graduates.

The communists were ... animals.  Still are.

The Russians are people too.  Not sub-humans.  Actually rather Western.

I rather like Russians.  Just not the KBG hangovers.  I had great hopes for a Russo-European coalition that connected to NATO for years. 

Well, of course I am who I am.  So are you.  So is Kim Jong-un for that matter. 

I don't credit Trump with superpowers.  I discredit his information-and-evidence allergic followers.  No authoritarian leader can get anywhere without simplistic gullible followers.  I blame them...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:39:03 PM
I rather like Russians.  Just not the KBG hangovers.  I had great hopes for a Russo-European coalition that connected to NATO for years. 

Well, of course I am who I am.  So are you.  So is Kim Jong-un for that matter. 

I don't credit Trump with superpowers.  I discredit his information-and-evidence allergic followers.  No authoritarian leader can get anywhere without simplistic gullible followers.  I blame them...

The Czarist Okrana taught the Cheka ... down to todays Russian Federal Security.  The Okhrana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okhrana

They created the Protocols of the Elders of Zion to justify pogroms against Jewish citizens.  And totally failed to stamp out the revolutionaries.

Nixon also wanted us, post Soviet collapse, to bring Russia into Nato.  Truman tried to bring Stalin into the Marshall Plan.  Russians are very paranoid people.  The US played the China card instead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:51:58 PM
The Czarist Okrana taught the Checka ... down to todays Russian Federal Security.  The Okhrana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okhrana

They created the Protocols of the Elders of Zion to justify pogroms against Jewish citizens.  And totally failed to stamp out the revolutionaries.

Nixon also wanted us, post Soviet collapse, to bring Russia into Nato.  Truman tried to bring Stalin into the Marshall Plan.  Russians are very paranoid people.  The US played the China card instead.

Good post!  But, Nixon lived post-collapse?  I do lose track of the dear departed sometimes.  Huh.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:54:53 PM
Good post!  But, Nixon lived post-collapse?  I do lose track of the dear departed sometimes.  Huh.

To busy bossing your department, no doubt.  If you were ex-Marine, you would have had them all doing pushups ... but they would be healthier.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 01:54:53 PM

Yeah, I thought the Soviet Union collapsed about 1989, or so. Was Nixon still extant?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 05, 2019, 02:04:42 PM
Yeah, I thought the Soviet Union collapsed about 1989, or so. Was Nixon still extant?

So hard to Google it on your iPod mini.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 01:58:31 PM
To busy bossing your department, no doubt.  If you were ex-Marine, you would have had them all doing pushups ... but they would be healthier.

I was never Management. 

But to the point, Nixon died of a stroke in April in 1994.  The Soviet Union dissolved in parts, but 1990 would be a good year of  assignment.  Most of the Soviet resources were lost to breakaway nations that year (I took a college course in it in 1992).  So there was some overlap between then and Nixon's death.  What influence he had on world affairs or even internal US politics escapes my memory; I can't recall any. 

And I doubt that Bill Clinton would have paid any attention to an old diehard fart any more than Trump asks Clinton (either one) for advice.  So I'll say Nixon had no influence. 

Unbeliever

Didn't want to start whole new thread for this, but this one should do just fine:

QuoteAccording to new data from the federal reserve, if current trends of the rich getting richer and the middle class getting poorer continues at their current rate, in 33 years the top 10% of Americans will own one hundred percent of all American wealth. Everyone else will be in poverty and in debt. Right wing billionaires like Donald Trump are cheering this on, calling for more tax cuts on rich people and less power for working people through the continuing destruction of unions and fighting the minimum wage.

They tell us that the problem is not corporate monopoly and rich people taking everything for themselves....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbvSHG-vdI

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

They already do.  You simply haven't met your owners yet, right Fifi?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 07, 2019, 06:03:48 PM
Didn't want to start whole new thread for this, but this one should do just fine:

Are you familiar with the Phillips Curve?  It is a graph that showed (in my college days) that revolutions tend to happen JUST AFTER things get slightly better in any economy.  I found it fascinating, but never understand why it seemed to be accurate.

Perhaps now I do.  The US economy is booming, businesses are thriving, but people are unhappier.  It's because the gains are going to just a few.  The successful times for the US have been when there was a healthy thriving middle class.  The middle class is disappearing today, and that leads to social failure of democracy in general.

There is nothing that guarantees the success of the US.  History shows that nation rise and fail.  The US will not be an exception unless it returns to a middle class base.  And a middle class base depends on fair politics.  Everywhere a political/wealth class has arisen, elites gather the wealth and the middle class sinks into poverty. 

It IS happening here.  It CAN be reversed, but only with great effort.  Gerrymandering, Citizens United, high donations by individuals, and consolidation of neutral media into cause companies has to be stopped.

I'll be 70 next year.  I probably won't be around to see the collapse if it happens.  It would be gradual.  But I might be around to see it reversed for at least a while if steps are taken to take government back from the ultra-wealthy class.

In the early 1900s, we had the Robber Barons.  They were stopped by deliberate effort.  We have new ones now.  They can also be stopped.  But it takes votes for the right people and support for the right laws.

Baruch

Phillip's Curve ... that is how the French Revolution happened.  In France there wasn't a sitting legislature.  With the opening of the Estates (Parliament) things had just gotten better.  But from that point, it went completely out of control.

It was a Republican, Teddy Roosevelt, who fought back against the robber barons.  Democrats simply demand their fair share of the graft.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 07:25:42 AM
Phillip's Curve ... that is how the French Revolution happened.  In France there wasn't a sitting legislature.  With the opening of the Estates (Parliament) things had just gotten better.  But from that point, it went completely out of control.

It was a Republican, Teddy Roosevelt, who fought back against the robber barons.  Democrats simply demand their fair share of the graft.

Very Good about the French Revolution.  Or did you look that up maybe?

Teddy fought against the Robber Barons, but Taft actually did more.  Well, he did have Roosevelt to begin it.  Credit to both.