News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What about NATO?

Started by Baruch, July 14, 2019, 04:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: aileron on August 04, 2019, 05:23:12 PM
Actually, "yeeeeesss" is a reference to Kissinger's distinctive accent, not support for his positions.

As far as "support" for Kissinger and Brzezinski, I do not support politicians only policies. To the extent they have good ones or bad ones, so be it. Though I don't support the person of a politician, I do on occasion oppose them. For example, Kissinger earns a special place in non-existent hell for his support of a war he knew had no exit strategy. Nixon earns a special place on the 7th level of hell for working to sabotage peace talks as part of his campaign strategy.

There are times I wish for a temporary version of an Early Christian Hell for some people (10 minutes might overdo), but it is probably pointless.  Let the dead be dead and nothing more.

I think there are 2 types of people I abhor.  Those who believe the moronic things they say and those who only pretend to for advantage.  I hate the latter far more.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 09:03:03 AM
There are times I wish for a temporary version of an Early Christian Hell for some people (10 minutes might overdo), but it is probably pointless.  Let the dead be dead and nothing more.

I think there are 2 types of people I abhor.  Those who believe the moronic things they say and those who only pretend to for advantage.  I hate the latter far more.

The first are voters.  The second are politicians.  So this is the end result of a polysci education??
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 11:52:02 AM
The first are voters.  The second are politicians.  So this is the end result of a polysci education??

Got me!  I should have added "and the citizens".  I was thinking of politicians...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!