News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What about NATO?

Started by Baruch, July 14, 2019, 04:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Turkey Threatens To Reignite European Migrant Crisis" ... Erdogan needs another trillion Euro bribe?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 07:37:25 AM
You are making your reading to Byzantine.

Correct (period).  New sentence XXXX

Baffled.  Until I realized you meant "too".  I was puzzled, thinking of analogies you might have meant like "Road To Damascus" or somesuch. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 07:40:59 AM
Baffled.  Until I realized you meant "too".  I was puzzled, thinking of analogies you might have meant like "Road To Damascus" or somesuch.

I hate correcting myself for typos, but I do sometimes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 07:42:16 AM
I hate correcting myself for typos, but I do sometimes.

I can't type worth a tinker's dam.  I have to constantly edit and retype.  But some matter and some don't.  I should have understood what you meant...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

aileron

Took him all of ~20 seconds to expose himself as a dilettante in his video.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 02, 2019, 05:07:53 PM
Took him all of ~20 seconds to expose himself as a dilettante in his video.

Is that you, Dr Kissinger?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aileron

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

PopeyesPappy

@aileron

Welcome back. It's been a while.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aileron

Thanks, Popeye... I needed a dose of rationality after dealing with Trumplanders for three years.

SGOS

I don't think about NATO much.  Never thought about the World Trade Organization much either, until some vandals wrecked it.  Apparently, some people both enemies and citizens of the USA, are deeply bothered by such organizations.  I remember a big bill board when I was in my teens that read "Get Us Out of the United Nations!"  It stood next to Highway 2 out in the Great Plains of Eastern Montana.  It was big and of an imposing nature, towering over every passing vehicle, while there was nothing else in sight as far out as the horizon.  In that setting of ominous desolation, it evoked the same feeling as a sign that says, "Repent.  The End is Near!" 

Being new to the state, I asked a friend I made in Montana if this was a Montana thing.  His reply was that the sign was put up by one guy, a member of the John Birch Society or something.  Never heard of the John Birch Society either, and it was just one guy so I figured it probably wasn't that important. I don't know.  Maybe it's worth getting tied up in knots over.  I just never felt the need.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aileron on August 03, 2019, 08:04:16 AM
Thanks, Popeye... I needed a dose of rationality after dealing with Trumplanders for three years.

Couldn't we all.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 03, 2019, 08:04:16 AM

You were a masochist during that time?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 03, 2019, 08:12:45 AM
I don't think about NATO much.  Never thought about the World Trade Organization much either, until some vandals wrecked it.  Apparently, some people both enemies and citizens of the USA, are deeply bothered by such organizations.  I remember a big bill board when I was in my teens that read "Get Us Out of the United Nations!"  It stood next to Highway 2 out in the Great Plains of Eastern Montana.  It was big and of an imposing nature, towering over every passing vehicle, while there was nothing else in sight as far out as the horizon.  In that setting of ominous desolation, it evoked the same feeling as a sign that says, "Repent.  The End is Near!" 

Being new to the state, I asked a friend I made in Montana if this was a Montana thing.  His reply was that the sign was put up by one guy, a member of the John Birch Society or something.  Never heard of the John Birch Society either, and it was just one guy so I figured it probably wasn't that important. I don't know.  Maybe it's worth getting tied up in knots over.  I just never felt the need.

Yes, the UN that failed n 1950, and has been even more worthless since?  Nato was mostly useless (ask Czechoslovakia, E Germany and Hungary during the Cold War) and pointless since about 1992 (no Soviet Union).  But given Turkey's behavior (nationalist) it is pretty much a dead letter.

Where have you been?  In the wilderness for 70 years? ;-)

John Birch Society is a right-wing extremist group that was kicked out of the Republican Party, thanks to William F Buckley, over 50 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 03, 2019, 06:49:19 AM
Yeeeeeeeesss.

Aka ... you support the militant and anti-US activities of Dr Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski, which pretty much means you are 30 years out of date?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aileron

Quote from: Baruch on August 03, 2019, 09:12:20 AM
Aka ... you support the militant and anti-US activities of Dr Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski, which pretty much means you are 30 years out of date?

Actually, "yeeeeesss" is a reference to Kissinger's distinctive accent, not support for his positions.

As far as "support" for Kissinger and Brzezinski, I do not support politicians only policies. To the extent they have good ones or bad ones, so be it. Though I don't support the person of a politician, I do on occasion oppose them. For example, Kissinger earns a special place in non-existent hell for his support of a war he knew had no exit strategy. Nixon earns a special place on the 7th level of hell for working to sabotage peace talks as part of his campaign strategy.