Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What about NATO?

Started by Baruch, July 14, 2019, 04:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

From 2019 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY3u-G25RQs

This man's speech to Hungary 6 months ago, explained the entire "permanent interest" foreign policy, that happens no matter who the US President is.  Aka the Dark State.  The US only has two allies in Europe ... Poland and Romania.  And to protect these forward positions against Russia, we will got to war.  Not to defend Ukraine or take back Crimea.  He mentions a secret truce that stabilized the situation in Ukraine, after 2014.  But that is unstable.  Byelorus is also unstable.  The US is not expecting any assistance to defend E Europe, from any other European country, we expect interference.

From 2016 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ut15uwXvg
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 14, 2019, 04:15:41 AM
From 2019 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY3u-G25RQs

This man's speech to Hungary 6 months ago, explained the entire "permanent interest" foreign policy, that happens no matter who the US President is.  Aka the Dark State.  The US only has two allies in Europe ... Poland and Romania.  And to protect these forward positions against Russia, we will got to war.  Not to defend Ukraine or take back Crimea.  He mentions a secret truce that stabilized the situation in Ukraine, after 2014.  But that is unstable.  Byelorus is also unstable.  The US is not expecting any assistance to defend E Europe, from any other European country, we expect interference.

From 2016 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ut15uwXvg

It will unless the US gets its act together...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

This was the guy/post I was referring to earlier.  Glad you found it first.

Yes I know that for you, it will always be 1969, with the US ready to stop the Warsaw Pact in the Fulda Gap.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 11:43:35 AM
This was the guy/post I was referring to earlier.  Glad you found it first.

Yes I know that for you, it will always be 1969, with the US ready to stop the Warsaw Pact in the Fulda Gap.

Oops, I usually delete links from posts...

No, for me it will always be the day JFK was killed.  I remember looking up at the PS speaker box.  It was light brown, about 12" square with rounded edges and a black speaker in front.  Funny how you remember things like that.  We were all sent home (we all walked or biked to school and back) and all the adults were so quiet.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 12:00:03 PM
Oops, I usually delete links from posts...

No, for me it will always be the day JFK was killed.  I remember looking up at the PS speaker box.  It was light brown, about 12" square with rounded edges and a black speaker in front.  Funny how you remember things like that.  We were all sent home (we all walked or biked to school and back) and all the adults were so quiet.

Yes, that defined our age group.  I remember when the Soviet Union re-occupied Czechoslovakia in 1968.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 04:00:51 PM
Yes, that defined our age group.  I remember when the Soviet Union re-occupied Czechoslovakia in 1968.

That was an evil day.  There was no meaningful reply the US could offer.  A symbolic one might have helped.  But "those damn French" (I'm one, sort of) had us locked up in Vietnam by then.  An altogether unworkable situation...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 04:19:24 PM
That was an evil day.  There was no meaningful reply the US could offer.  A symbolic one might have helped.  But "those damn French" (I'm one, sort of) had us locked up in Vietnam by then.  An altogether unworkable situation...

Nuke Russia? ... but soy boys have to ask Mommy first.  We had no treaty with Czechoslovakia guaranteeing their freedom.  And the one from GB/France in 1938 wasn't worth much.  Why are so many of you like Neville Chamberlain over GB/French guarantee of Poland's sovereignty, knowing they couldn't (no access) and wouldn't (Phoney War) do anything to help Poland?  The West bluffed, and Hitler/Stalin called their bluff.  I recently learned, during the Russo-Polish war of 1920, it was partly due to Polish-American veteran pilots, who stemmed the tide of Trotsky's Red Army before Warsaw.  There is a monument to them there.

So I assume that you are all Gen McArthur supporters of aggressive war against Communists.  Wanting to be fired for insubordination by President Truman.  How unlike the 1960s versions of yourselves you are.  Otherwise you would have volunteered for Vietnam.  I also recently saw a program on the French Communist AF pilots who flew for the Soviet Union.  They had a very high kill ratio ... and were sent there by Gen DeGaulle.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 04:26:45 PM
Nuke Russia? ... but soy boys have to ask Mommy first.  We had no treaty with Czechoslovakia guaranteeing their freedom.  And the one from GB/France in 1938 wasn't worth much.  Why are so many of you like Neville Chamberlain over GB/French guarantee of Poland's sovereignty, knowing they couldn't (no access) and wouldn't (Phoney War) do anything to help Poland?  The West bluffed, and Hitler/Stalin called their bluff.  I recently learned, during the Russo-Polish war of 1920, it was partly due to Polish-American veteran pilots, who stemmed the tide of Trotsky's Red Army before Warsaw.  There is a monument to them there.

So I assume that you are all Gen McArthur supporters of aggressive war against Communists.  Wanting to be fired for insubordination by President Truman.  How unlike the 1960s versions of yourselves you are.  Otherwise you would have volunteered for Vietnam.  I also recently saw a program on the French Communist AF pilots who flew for the Soviet Union.  They had a very high kill ratio ... and were sent there by Gen DeGaulle.

Ceiling Cat bless the Bubonic Plague.  It set us English land-serfs free...To become downtrodden crushed English wage-serfs...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 06:55:36 PM
Ceiling Cat bless the Bubonic Plague.  It set us English land-serfs free...To become downtrodden crushed English wage-serfs...

Correct.  And the plague strengthened the immune systems of the survivors.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  The plague also caused the development of modern English.  Middle English is the argot of mixing Old English with Norman French ... by the orphans.  It was difficult to maintain the old languages since so many adults had died.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I've read that the plague kind of jump started the industrial revolution, since Europe was denuded of works, they needed to make machines that could replace them.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2019, 07:20:35 PM
I've read that the plague kind of jump started the industrial revolution, since Europe was denuded of works, they needed to make machines that could replace them.

Correct, they had a labor surplus earlier.  Then a labor shortage.  Machines develop then (not in Roman Empire) because it becomes relatively economical to use the more expensive machines.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2019, 07:20:35 PM

Yes fewer (and more valued) workers and the need for machinery, but it involves more than that.  The survivors found themselves inheriting more wealth from their ancestors.  There were good houses abandoned to be occupied.  The best farms were more available.  Existing goods were spread less thinly among the populace.  There was more food available per person.  Local thuggy lords had to actually negotiate with workers for their skills.  The Magna Carta is the start of some of that.  As the local lords got some freedom from the King, it trickled down as they themselves had to negotiate with the newly-formed local guilds.

The Industrial Age came from that.  For the first time in a long time, inventiveness had value.  A serf doesn't care how well a rake works, he just has to wield it every day.  But when a serf got his own plot of land, a better rake (or scythe or whatever) actually meant something.  If the only thing you are allowed to do is hoe weeds, you just want to hoe the damn weeds and go home at sundown.  If you hoe weeds twice as well with a better-angled blade on your own frm. you care about that.  And maybe improve your hoe further.

Baruch

Correct.  Without motivation, people are stinking peasants.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2019, 07:15:59 AM
Correct.  Without motivation, people are stinking peasants.

I abjure your statement of "correct" as if it implied I agreed with you.  People are NOT "stinking peasants", with motivation or not.  You missed my point entirely.  Are you up too early or are you up too late?  Or just being yourself?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2019, 07:26:30 AM
I abjure your statement of "correct" as if it implied I agreed with you.  People are NOT "stinking peasants", with motivation or not.  You missed my point entirely.  Are you up too early or are you up too late?  Or just being yourself?

You are making your reading to Byzantine.

Correct (period).  New sentence XXXX
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.