JP Morgan Funded Cargo Ship Seized With $1.2-Billion Worth of Cocaine

Started by Shiranu, July 13, 2019, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 16, 2019, 07:13:46 AM
While JP Morgan Chase is undoubtedly one of the big, bad, evil banks, fraud, money laundering that sort of thing, I seriously doubt they've gone into the drug smuggling business. They bought a ship and leased it to a shipping company. They probably had an agreement in place to lease the ship to MSC before they bought it. Technically they don't even own the ship. A fund they manage does. The investors in the actually own the ship.

The bank does not make decisions on where the ship goes or what it carries. MSC does all that.

I had to look it up to make sure; JP Morgan are infact one of the banks that got slapped with a billion dollar fine for laundering money for drug cartels and has been accused multiple times of being complicit in helping their businesses though things like loans and access to their services.

If this was just an isolated, one off situation... okay, sure fine I would buy that. But when you have a business that has repeatedly done business with drug cartels getting caught with billions of dollars worth of coke on a ship they financed? There is something extremely suspicious about that. It's a hole of suspicion they dug themselves into.

And you don't think their lawyers made sure that there was any and every excuse they could come up with as to why it's not "really" JP Morgan?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

CIA controls the drug cartels.  And money laundering.  They are a government within a government.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Authorities in Philadelphia released the MSC Gayane yesterday after MSC posted a $50 million surety bond that included $10 million in cash. The ship is worth about $90 million. Eight members of the crew, not including any of the senior crew, have been detained. The government may still pursue forfeiture proceeding if it is determined any of the senior crew was involved.

That sounds to me like the government currently believes this crime was committed by rank and file members of the crew, not JP Morgan or MSC.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 17, 2019, 07:43:19 AM
Authorities in Philadelphia released the MSC Gayane yesterday after MSC posted a $50 million surety bond that included $10 million in cash. The ship is worth about $90 million. Eight members of the crew, not including any of the senior crew, have been detained. The government may still pursue forfeiture proceeding if it is determined any of the senior crew was involved.

That sounds to me like the government currently believes this crime was committed by rank and file members of the crew, not JP Morgan or MSC.

The underlings were guilty of being caught.  Just ask Al Capone (who except for the unconstitutional IRS, would still be at large).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2019, 10:23:39 AM
The underlings were guilty of being caught.  Just ask Al Capone (who except for the unconstitutional IRS, would still be at large).

Exactly this.

These multinational, multi-trillion dollar banks are just legalized mafia families, pure and simple. They extort, sell toxic loans and plans,, and bribe authorities to turn a blind eye to it.

Most Godfathers and their closest associates never did anything “illegal” either, that doesn’t mean they weren’t aware of it or profiting.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 15, 2019, 01:10:25 PM
Actually by the vast Jewish conspiracy ... just asks Hamas!  Yes, the North were hypocrites.  Nothing new there.  For 5000 years, slavery was legal.  Not that I care for it myself.  Jews are traditionally against slavery, for some strange reason.
Slavery was legal in the South then, but importation of slaves was illegal. The Southerners liked that, no new slaves meant their "property" was worth more.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 17, 2019, 12:15:21 PM
Slavery was legal in the South then, but importation of slaves was illegal. The Southerners liked that, no new slaves meant their "property" was worth more.

Otherwise that obscure provision (banning import) in the original Constitution would not have been added.  Slaves can be made to breed.  The Federalists had to secure approval of the South to have the Constitution ratified at all.  That is why slaves also partially counted for apportionment.  There was still some smuggling however, because it is more exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGeoFbTr3k0

A young man was worth about $10,000 each in modern money.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2019, 10:23:39 AM

When you go into idiotic statements like "unconstitutional IRS" you show yourself to be a typical conspiracy theorist.

I don't like to just provide links for an argument, but in this case there are so many that I can't summarize them all.

unconstitutional IRS

Read em and weep B...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 04:58:33 AM
When you go into idiotic statements like "unconstitutional IRS" you show yourself to be a typical conspiracy theorist.

I don't like to just provide links for an argument, but in this case there are so many that I can't summarize them all.

unconstitutional IRS

Read em and weep B...

Happens to be true about a number of amendments.  They put some boilerplate in, and then all the rest is spelled out in "subsequent legislation".  That is true for the IRS/Fed Reserve amendment.  Basically Congress was incompetent or criminal.  I lean toward ... they were criminal.

The current SCOTUS, POTUS and Congress are criminal ... nothing has changed.  There is nothing about the US that is worth defending ideologically ... the Far Left SJW are correct on that.  I only defend it, because I live here.  If I didn't live here, I wouldn't defend it.

You folks don't realize, my real position isn't conventional.  And for presentation, is bent rhetorically.  I would defend my apartment too, but not because "George Washington Slept Here".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 06:08:41 AM

...You folks don't realize, my real position isn't conventional...

You underestimate us...  I think I can say that most of us HAVE noticed that your positions are not only "not conventional" but don't actually even make much sense most of the time.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 07:37:12 AM
You underestimate us...  I think I can say that most of us HAVE noticed that your positions are not only "not conventional" but don't actually even make much sense most of the time.

I thought y'all were all "projection" ... anyone not agreeing with y'all is ... A Trump supporter, a racist, a misogynist, a Putin supporter etc ... name that boogieman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 10:10:00 AM
I thought y'all were all "projection" ... anyone not agreeing with y'all is ... A Trump supporter, a racist, a misogynist, a Putin supporter etc ... name that boogieman.

Have you ever considered that you are the only star of "The Baruch Show" and that we are all here just to keep you busy...?  Would you be certain?  It might be my job to keep you occupied while the other actors get in place...  Or not.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 10:14:59 AM
Have you ever considered that you are the only star of "The Baruch Show" and that we are all here just to keep you busy...?  Would you be certain?  It might be my job to keep you occupied while the other actors get in place...  Or not.

All the world is a stage.  Forsooth thou own bile runneth hot at times.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 10:37:47 AM
All the world is a stage.  Forsooth thou own bile runneth hot at times.

Nice!  I actually thought that might be Shakespeare...  But no search revealed it as such. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 11:30:25 AM
Nice!  I actually thought that might be Shakespeare...  But no search revealed it as such.

Shakespeare borrowed from me ... the limey bastard!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.