Latest look in the mirror ...

Started by Baruch, July 10, 2019, 07:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 02:15:42 PM
I imagine my death after life as "a book half read" or something like that.  You really CAN'T conceive of true death, can you?  I have no problem with it.  Its like you were a swatted fly or stomped ant.  Nothing, no future thoughts, no "somewhere to exist afterwards", "a cessation of existence", "you aren't around anymore", etc....

You really don't get it, do you?

And all of that is dream material, waking dreams.  You have no empirical first person experience of death.  Sleeping isn't being dead.  An example of extraordinary claims (what is death like) requires extraordinary evidence.  Die and b resurrected, no NDE counts.  Which y'all claim to be irrelevant or stupid.  I deny all Platonic claims, all "transcendent narrator" claims.  I do have the imagination for it ... what would it be like if I were G-d.  But that is just fiction/art to me.  Demonstrated this in my "Ode to Bacchus" that I posted awhile back.  I know what being a demi-god is like, because that is my actual experience and how I see the experience of other people (they are like me, or are they not?).  They can label it as "unicorns" if they want, that is the semantics.  I have matured enough to decide for myself, what words mean.  That is necessarily subjective of course.  But there is mature subjectivity, and immature subjectivity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 02:29:03 PM
And all of that is dream material, waking dreams.  You have no empirical first person experience of death.  Sleeping isn't being dead.  Which y'all claim to be irrelevant or stupid.  I deny all Platonic claims, all "transcendent narrator" claims.  I do have the imagination for it ... what would it be like if I were G-d.  But that is just craziness to me.  Demonstrated this in my "Ode to Bacchus" that I posted awhile back.  I know what being a demi-god is like, because that is my actual experience and how I see the experience of other people.  They can label it as "unicorns" if they want, that is the semantics.  I have matured enough to decide for myself, what words mean.  That is necessarily subjective of course.

Nope, you can't imagine it.  Few can.  Some atheists can.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 02:31:09 PM
Nope, you can't imagine it.  Few can.  Some atheists can.

Review mods above.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 02:32:33 PM
Review mods above.

I am reminded of the trainstation master in a small town of whom a dissatisfied customer demanded to speak to his "superior".  He handed her his card.  It read "Mayor, Chief Of Police, Stationmaster, Judge, and Fire Marshall".  He said "Ma'am I have no superiors and damned few equals".

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 02:42:26 PM
I am reminded of the trainstation master in a small town of whom a dissatisfied customer demanded to speak to his "superior".  He handed her his card.  It read "Mayor, Chief Of Police, Stationmaster, Judge, and Fire Marshall".  He said "Ma'am I have no superiors and damned few equals".

Autobiography?  Or Trainbiography?  Alexander has nothing on you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 02:48:22 PM
Autobiography?  Or Trainbiography?  Alexander has nothing on you.

Lifebiography.  Who is Alexander?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 05:05:41 PM
The Great.  Megalomaniac.

Oh right.  Him...

Well, I'm sure there have been a FEW other Alexanders.    Not like he was a one-name wonder.  Oh wait... Well not like "Cher" anyway.