Main Menu

Epstein's associates ...

Started by Baruch, July 08, 2019, 03:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 02:44:18 PM
I did.

First, that was 27 years ago, and

Second, I stopped reading NewScientist a decade ago because it was crap (in my personal opinion so they can't sue me).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 02:58:38 PM
First, that was 27 years ago, and

Second, I stopped reading NewScientist a decade ago because it was crap (in my personal opinion so they can't sue me).

Are you saying that something printed 27 years ago is no longer valid?

Ok, how about 17 years ago, from Science magazine?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2002/01/heisenbergs-principles-more-certain

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 03:04:19 PM
Are you saying that something printed 27 years ago is no longer valid?

Ok, how about 17 years ago, from Science magazine?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2002/01/heisenbergs-principles-more-certain

You should have read the opening paragraph. 

In part:  "And the news isn't good for those who would like to believe that Heisenberg tried to subvert the Nazi atomic bomb effort. Heisenberg told Bohr about the work and expressed no misgivings about participating in it, a British newspaper reports, citing a secret letter from Bohr to Heisenberg."

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 03:07:28 PM
You should have read the opening paragraph. 

In part:  "And the news isn't good for those who would like to believe that Heisenberg tried to subvert the Nazi atomic bomb effort. Heisenberg told Bohr about the work and expressed no misgivings about participating in it, a British newspaper reports, citing a secret letter from Bohr to Heisenberg."

Oh I see. You read a paragraph. It fits your narrative so you stop reading. Ouch. Hint: Continue reading, the article is more nuanced than just the opening paragraph.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 03:12:47 PM
Oh I see. You read a paragraph. It fits your narrative so you stop reading. Ouch. Hint: Continue reading, the article is more nuanced than just the opening paragraph.

I did.  Like the part about "After the end of World War II, Heisenberg said that he had tried only [emphasis mine] to ask Bohr, who died in 1962, whether physicists "have the moral right to work on the practical exploitation of atomic energy?" Which was a completely legitimate question but didn't seem to stop any scientists.  And I note that both were long dead when the articles were written.."

Sorry, you lose on this one. 

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 03:19:48 PM
I did.  Like the part about "After the end of World War II, Heisenberg said that he had tried only [emphasis mine] to ask Bohr, who died in 1962, whether physicists "have the moral right to work on the practical exploitation of atomic energy?" Which was a completely legitimate question but didn't seem to stop any scientists.  And I note that both were long dead when the articles were written.."

Sorry, you lose on this one. 

How is that? The gist of my initial post is that the narrative in the US was to build the bomb before Germany, when in reality, there was no bomb being built in Germany. There is a controversy as to whether Heisenberg deliberately stalled the research or not. But so what? There are a million details that happened in WW2, no one is going to get everything exactly right, especially that there are controversies as in any historical event. But if you don't see the irony in this race to build the bomb, that's fine with me...

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 03:29:11 PM
How is that? The gist of my initial post is that the narrative in the US was to build the bomb before Germany, when in reality, there was no bomb being built in Germany. There is a controversy as to whether Heisenberg deliberately stalled the research or not. But so what? There are a million details that happened in WW2, no one is going to get everything exactly right, especially that there are controversies as in any historical event. But if you don't see the irony in this race to build the bomb, that's fine with me...

You do realize that people can go back and read older posts. right?  So here is what you said...

"But the irony of this is that indeed, Germany had started this project but it was in the hands of none other than Heisenberg, of the famous Uncertainty Principle in QM. But after the war, Heisenberg said on record that he deliberately push the research into blind-alleys - he never intended that Hitler would get such a bomb."

Don't try that again.  I will never let you get away with lies.  You can be wrong, as we all are sometimes (but try to catch me at one), but DO NOT EVER DELIBERATELY LIE AND TRY TO GET AWAY WITH IT.

Thank you and have a nice day...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 03:37:18 PM
You do realize that people can go back and read older posts. right?  So here is what you said...

"But the irony of this is that indeed, Germany had started this project but it was in the hands of none other than Heisenberg, of the famous Uncertainty Principle in QM. But after the war, Heisenberg said on record that he deliberately push the research into blind-alleys - he never intended that Hitler would get such a bomb."

Don't try that again.  I will never let you get away with lies.  You can be wrong, as we all are sometimes (but try to catch me at one), but DO NOT EVER DELIBERATELY LIE AND TRY TO GET AWAY WITH IT.

Thank you and have a nice day...

Where's the lie? Heisenberg did say on record that he tried to stall the research. Now there are historians who are disputing Heisenberg's claim, but how is that me lying?? 

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 03:41:46 PM
Where's the lie? Heisenberg did say on record that he tried to stall the research. Now there are historians who are disputing Heisenberg's claim, but how is that me lying??

I was quoting you, and showed you were wrong even with the quote you used yourself. 

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 03:58:19 PM
I was quoting you, and showed you were wrong even with the quote you used yourself. 

There's no lying, and you know it. So before accusing anyone, think twice.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 04:00:40 PM

I ALWAYS think twice.  The fact is that you made a claim, tried to support it by a link, and I politely demonstrated that your conclusion was wrong with the very quote you offerred.  Then you claimed your own quote was wrong (it seems) and THEN I got annoyed.

You probably expect me to withdraw and apologize after your repeated and unsupported challenges.  Good luck with that. 

I offer my posts to the judgement of the members...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 04:14:17 PM
I ALWAYS think twice.  The fact is that you made a claim, tried to support it by a link, and I politely demonstrated that your conclusion was wrong with the very quote you offerred.  Then you claimed your own quote was wrong (it seems) and THEN I got annoyed.

You probably expect me to withdraw and apologize after your repeated and unsupported challenges.  Good luck with that. 

I offer my posts to the judgement of the members...

Pure bullshit.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 04:00:40 PM

Bow down and worship THE PHYSICS PROFESSOR.  Bwahaha ... worse than Skeletor .  Where is He-Man!

Some atheists have the same psychological profile as Absolute_Agent, the American Muslim.  A meme, because over the last several years, the Left has totally gotten into bed with Salafist Islam, because in Identity Politics, Muslims are considered yet more aggrieved victims to be politicized and absorbed into the Left combine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 03:58:19 PM

Lately, to be fair, Joe has been misreading.  He may need new glasses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Are his glasses half full or half empty?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman