News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Epstein's associates ...

Started by Baruch, July 08, 2019, 03:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 02:56:47 PM
Truman on Ike:“He’ll sit here, and he’ll say, ‘Do this! Do that!’ And nothing will happen. Poor Ikeâ€"it won’t be a bit like the Army. He’ll find it very frustrating.”

I like Truman too.  He knew how to fire a general ;-)

They don't make real Americans anymore.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 07:40:39 PM
I like Truman too.  He knew how to fire a general ;-)

They don't make real Americans anymore.

"No real American" must be your version of the fallacy "No True Scotsman"... Your appeal to purity is admirable.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 08:15:16 PM
"No real American" must be your version of the fallacy "No True Scotsman"... Your appeal to purity is admirable.

Well I am perfectly Jewish in a completely non-kosher way.  All kosher Jews are completely imperfect ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"SHRIEKING HEARD FROM EPSTEIN'S CELL AND ONE OF THE "GUARDS" WASNT ACTUALLY A PRISON GUARD??" ... how typical is that?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Epstein Autopsy Finds Evidence He May Have Been Murdered" ... the broken bones in the neck are more common with assault than with strangulation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 09:53:19 AM
If Obama had been president, they would have blamed him for this fiasco. But President Trump gets a pass...

The Republicans (looking over their shoulders at Trump) blame Obama anyway.  Trump's nonsense is on their immune list.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2019, 03:09:19 AM
Well I am perfectly Jewish in a completely non-kosher way.  All kosher Jews are completely imperfect ;-)

So my "self-hating Jew" description of your exotic behavior on this forum wasn't too far off...

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 10:40:58 AM
So my "self-hating Jew" description of your exotic behavior on this forum wasn't too far off...

Baruch is not exactly my best friend.  But I am requesting that you stop engaging in this degree of personal attack.  I am in no way perfect here in that regard, but I think you are going too far.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 10:49:38 AM
Baruch is not exactly my best friend.  But I am requesting that you stop engaging in this degree of personal attack.  I am in no way perfect here in that regard, but I think you are going too far.

Calm down. It's not a personal attack. Besides I'm married for 47 years to a Jewish woman. Calling out a Jew as self-hating is of the form in her family... almost a term of endearment...

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 11:00:47 AM
Calm down. It's not a personal attack. Besides I'm married for 47 years to a Jewish woman. Calling out a Jew as self-hating is of the form in her family... almost a term of endearment...

Self-denial is never good.  There are some dysfunctional families, after all.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 11:05:44 AM
Self-denial is never good.  There are some dysfunctional families, after all.
Perhaps a little history: self-hating Jews was used on Jews who disagree with Israel's Zionist policies back in the 1960's or so. But later on, it was used so often, for multiple reasons to the point that it became sort like a joke.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 11:25:05 AM
Perhaps a little history: self-hating Jews was used on Jews who disagree with Israel's Zionist policies back in the 1960's or so. But later on, it was used so often, for multiple reasons to the point that it became sort like a joke.

In my lifetime, I have seen references to "self hating" by many kinds of people.  In my experience, those have almost always been from people not actually of that group.  Such groups are usually a minority where they live, and have somewhat automatically learned to deflect insults and learned to present a fake smile about them.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 11:36:02 AM
In my lifetime, I have seen references to "self hating" by many kinds of people.  In my experience, those have almost always been from people not actually of that group.  Such groups are usually a minority where they live, and have somewhat automatically learned to deflect insults and learned to present a fake smile about them.
Agree. But that half of Europe was sold out to Stalin, a crime a thousand fold greater than what you describe, doesn't register a notch in American consciousness reeks of false  indignation.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 11:40:30 AM
Agree. But that half of Europe was sold out to Stalin, a crime a thousand fold greater than what you describe, doesn't register a notch in American consciousness reeks of false  indignation.

So what part of the US Army do you think would have taken out Stalin.  That's what you are suggesting we should have done, right? 

You might want to consider 'Operation Unthinkable" (look it up).

The other argument is that both sides were worn out that the NATO forces had more airpower but the Soviets had all the ground forces and it would have been a bloodbath.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 12:05:30 PM
So what part of the US Army do you think would have taken out Stalin.  That's what you are suggesting we should have done, right?

If you follow my posts on this, I said, let Stalin and Hitler fight it out, with no help from the Allies. They would have exhausted themselves by the sheer volume of bloody battles. Whoever would have come out a winner - most likely Stalin but in a very much more weak position - the Allies would not have had to accept Stalin getting half of Europe. So, in my estimation, less bloodshed for the Allies as they would have confronted a weaker German army. The only drawback I see  is that the war would have taken more time - perhaps a year or two more for Stalin, on his own, to turn the tide and defeat Hitler.