Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Did Jesus practice what he preached?

Started by Jagella, July 05, 2019, 09:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 05:51:44 AM
Baruch is anything but reasonable...

He used to be "sort of".  People change.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 05:41:58 AM
You surprise me sometimes.  Like now.  So many biblical adherents assume the texts as currently written...

Projecting.  Do you think I am the Pope, Chuck Hagee?  It does't take a lot of maturity (but still uncommon) that texts are weak soup.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 05:48:48 AM
If I understand correctly, reductionism is reducing a complex argument to simple parts.  I'm not sure that is a false way of examining complex problems.  Examining difficult problems in detail seems reasonable.

It works in some situations.  When a thing has many parts, that are weakly coupled ... it is possible to "take it apart".  But not every problem fits that profile.  So materialism or naturalism is ... one of the thousands of ways to ... "all I have is a hammer, so you must be a nail".  That is not to say, that using a hammer is wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 05:42:31 AM
Get yourself an education, ignoramus. One reduces, the other sees as a whole.Liar. It's clear to me you never read Hegel.

Endless old man "Get off my grass!".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 05:51:44 AM
Baruch is anything but reasonable. You have to take him as a holistic nutjob.

Holism works sometimes.  It is my speciality.  Just as reductionism is yours.  Can't we all get along?  Or does the Dental association have to kill off the Medical association?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 05:53:20 AM

Baruch's theory of Progressive relativity ...

So I am in a train car, and things start moving gently.  I see another train on the other track moving opposite to me.  So ... am I standing still and the other train is moving, or am I moving and the other train is standing still or are we both moving (and that option has sub options).

So by analogy ... have I changed, or has the crowd here changed, or both?  People who point fingers get boogers on their fingers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 05:53:20 AM
If one is interested, go back 2 years of more in Baruch's posts and read some of those.  It is almost like two different people.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 06:27:13 AM
Holism works sometimes.  It is my speciality.  Just as reductionism is yours.  Can't we all get along?  Or does the Dental association have to kill off the Medical association?

That was not the issue. You claim there are not opposite when they are: one reduces to smallest part, the other looks at the whole. Now that you think the latter is better than the former, that's your take, not mine.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 06:25:45 AM
Endless old man "Get off my grass!".
No, it's "get on the train of education, dumbass." I know that you're helpless, but as an educator, I can't help myself when I see such sheer ignorance.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2019, 09:27:15 AM
If one is interested, go back 2 years of more in Baruch's posts and read some of those.  It is almost like two different people.

Says you!  Don't pay attention to the prior avatar, Spinoza ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 09:35:15 AM
No, it's "get on the train of education, dumbass." I know that you're helpless, but as an educator, I can't help myself when I see such sheer ignorance.

I'll admit I don't have a lot of experience teaching.  Probably said it before.  Your personality doesn't come across as ... educator appropriate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 09:38:13 AM
Your personality doesn't come across as ... educator appropriate.

....says the shit disturber. No one would be your educator appropriate. Most likely you would be thrown out class on the first day.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 09:42:18 AM
....says the shit disturber. No one would be your educator appropriate. Most likely you would be thrown out class on the first day.

Not even as recently as 2017.  I passed Egyptian Arabic, in an informal class taught by an Egyptian.  And the teacher was probably a lot prettier than you.  One of the most spectacularly beautiful women I have ever seen, and smart too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 09:47:31 AM
Not even as recently as 2017.  I passed Egyptian Arabic, in an informal class taught by an Egyptian.  And the teacher was probably a lot prettier than you.  One of the most spectacularly beautiful women I have ever seen, and smart too.

Sexist. You probably watch FoxNews because all the pretty women show their long legs. Any woman shouldn't come near you without a ten-foot pole.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 09:54:09 AM
Sexist. You probably watch FoxNews because all the pretty women show their long legs. Any woman shouldn't come near you without a ten-foot pole.

Feminist beta male ;-)  Do you give your woman any attention?  Or are you too busy worshipping the ground she walks on ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.