News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Whats your news of choice

Started by aitm, July 03, 2019, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Yeah, we could make a video - maybe it would go viral!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 05:47:20 PM
Yeah, we could make a video - maybe it would go viral!

Ooh, I should have seen that coming!  Darn, "bacto" is harder to work with.  Camels maybe. 

A friend came down ill today
He couldn't decide it was viro or bac.
So I watched to see
But before died he
Said he knew "I know" but went "ack"!

Ah, can't win them all...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Funny you'd mention "ack" - I was just watching a video about Mars Attacks! ACK ACK!

:-P
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 06:13:43 PM
Funny you'd mention "ack" - I was just watching a video about Mars Attacks! ACK ACK!

:-P

Ahh 'Indian Love Call'.  The triffids version of salt water...

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 04:38:01 PM
Well, fresh milk right out of the cow may have supplied some immune system education.

That is a felony now.  Unpasturized milk is Satan.

Sorry, both of you seem accident prone.  Maybe stay laying down (prone).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Hell, I had to milk the damned cow every morning for years. If the feds don't like it I can always ask Trump for a pardon.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 06:54:47 PM
Hell, I had to milk the damned cow every morning for years. If the feds don't like it I can always ask Trump for a pardon.

The storm troopers like to invade disobedient dairies.  So unless you are milking the cow, you are clear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Not exactly a dairy - we only had the one cow. Sometimes I'd be milking one set of teats while her calf was sucking the other pair of teats.

Not the dairy of Anne Frank.
God Not Found

trdsf

BBC News, CBC News, Reuters, AP... I can't stand most American news coverage because the website wants to shove ten ads down my throat before I can get anything, or the coverage is presented in conclusions rather than in data, or the site launches videos without my clicking on them, or they lead with something unforgivably sensationalist that's completely unwarranted by the news they're about to deliver, or they just SHOUT HEADLINES AT YOU IN ALL CAPS!!

Newspapers are a mixed bag -- assuming there's not a limit of three articles per month and everything else is behind a paywall in the first place.  Our local paper functions as a house organ for the state GOP anyway, and they're not afraid of editorializing on the front page, so I don't waste my time there.  I'll occasionally peek at my home town paper to see what's going on in my old stomping grounds.

And TV news is for weather emergencies only anymore.

Mainly, if I see a news item that I want to follow up on, I hop on duckduckgo and search for its originalmost source(s).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 07:07:02 PM
Not exactly a dairy - we only had the one cow. Sometimes I'd be milking one set of teats while her calf was sucking the other pair of teats.

Not the dairy of Anne Frank.

Good reality moment... 

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on July 15, 2019, 05:40:24 AM
BBC News, CBC News, Reuters, AP... I can't stand most American news coverage because the website wants to shove ten ads down my throat before I can get anything, or the coverage is presented in conclusions rather than in data, or the site launches videos without my clicking on them, or they lead with something unforgivably sensationalist that's completely unwarranted by the news they're about to deliver, or they just SHOUT HEADLINES AT YOU IN ALL CAPS!!

Newspapers are a mixed bag -- assuming there's not a limit of three articles per month and everything else is behind a paywall in the first place.  Our local paper functions as a house organ for the state GOP anyway, and they're not afraid of editorializing on the front page, so I don't waste my time there.  I'll occasionally peek at my home town paper to see what's going on in my old stomping grounds.

And TV news is for weather emergencies only anymore.

Mainly, if I see a news item that I want to follow up on, I hop on duckduckgo and search for its originalmost source(s).

I watch on TV.  And always have an alternative channel when the commercials arrive.  And I have ad-blocker on the computer.  Some sites refuse to let me see their content.  But there are always others.  Still, I never view Faux News...