News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Whats your news of choice

Started by aitm, July 03, 2019, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 03, 2019, 01:13:44 PM
My favorite news comes from Amy Goodman at Democracy Now, Thom Hartmann, Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell at MSNBC, The Young Turks, and of course, Stephen Colbert and John Oliver. Oh, and Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, on NPR.

A few others I could mention, but those are the main ones. I'm kind of a news junkie...

I watch/listen to MSNBC most of the day.  I love Rachel Maddow and Chris Hayes.  Can't stand Chris Matthews.  Yeah, he's older white male liberal from NE, but he won't let anyone finish a sentence and that drives we crazy!  I liked the wilder and crazy guys from the older days at MSNBC too.

But Maddow and Hayes back up their claims with video, day, date, time.  And I REALLY like that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 02:33:43 PM
Doctor? What's that?

Didn't you get your free smart phone etc from President Obama? (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2019, 04:05:12 PM

Don't have one.  I'm a cordless phone and desktop computer old fart...  I even have a "file cabinet"...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2019, 04:07:20 PM
Don't have one.  I'm a cordless phone and desktop computer old fart...  I even have a "file cabinet"...

My post was to Unbeliever.  Keep up, old man.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2019, 04:08:32 PM
My post was to Unbeliever.  Keep up, old man.

Can't an old fart join in?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2019, 04:05:12 PM
I haven't seen a doctor in almost 20 years. Haven't needed one, mostly. Whenever I get sick, I eventually get better. I hardly ever do get sick, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 04:18:07 PM
I haven't seen a doctor in almost 20 years. Haven't needed one, mostly. Whenever I get sick, I eventually get better. I hardly ever do get sick, though.

Good genes and maybe a childhood filled with dirt like mine, LOL!

Unbeliever

Well, fresh milk right out of the cow may have supplied some immune system education.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 04:38:01 PM
Well, fresh milk right out of the cow may have supplied some immune system education.

Well, I didn't go that far, but I sure ate my share of garden and forest dirt as a kid, LOL!

Unbeliever

Last time I had to go to a doctor was not even because I was sick, I just got way too drunk and hurt myself. Never felt a bit of pain, though.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 05:06:06 PM
Last time I had to go to a doctor was not even because I was sick, I just got way too drunk and hurt myself. Never felt a bit of pain, though.

I was cutting down a tree and a branch sprung up from tension and pushed the bow saw into my hand.  Cut a finger clean to the bone.  I made it to the hospital, but wandered into a lab.  Things got vague after that. LOL!

Unbeliever

Hell, I was so drunk I didn't even know I'd hurt myself until the next morning. The skin on my shin was flopped down over my boot, but it didn't hurt at all. They did a good job fixing it up, too. When a doctor asked me if I wanted them to do something about the scar or just leave it, I asked him if it was medically indicated or cosmetically indicated. He said it was cosmetically indicated, so I told him to just leave the scar so I could be reminded not to drink so much in the future. But that didn't really work, either, since I kept right on drinking like a fish.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 05:22:30 PM
Hell, I was so drunk I didn't even know I'd hurt myself until the next morning. The skin on my shin was flopped down over my boot, but it didn't hurt at all. They did a good job fixing it up, too. When a doctor asked me if I wanted them to do something about the scar or just leave it, I asked him if it was medically indicated or cosmetically indicated. He said it was cosmetically indicated, so I told him to just leave the scar so I could be reminded not to drink so much in the future. But that didn't really work, either, since I kept right on drinking like a fish.

You win.  But I didn't mention stepping in the yellow jacket nest...

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 05:30:16 PM
OUCH!

:-P

We should both participate in a virus experiment together someday.  I bet we are both (harmful) viro-bacterial graveyards...