News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Whats your news of choice

Started by aitm, July 03, 2019, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Munch on July 03, 2019, 04:56:10 PM
Why not be honest, that's not why you look up the sun newspaper.

We all know the real reason anyone reads the sun.

wtf? there news with nudes? Thats AWESOM...er.......pretty damn sexist and mygoi....mysogn....mysongy....er.......sexist man....

so whats the addy again?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

WHOA!!! Jesus...I got the entire screen filled with "infection blocked" squares.....christ peeps you guys gotta use condoms here? Holy crap
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

When I was a kid we had printed papers^ like that with no censoring bits. SoF is too young to know that I guess.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 03, 2019, 08:45:26 PM
its very hard to find truly unbias, more centrist news sources. I looked up a list of whats consider unbias courses of news, and it listed things like the BBC or Google news. I just laugh at the idea of these sources being unbias.

also it was a j jonah jameson laughing gif, so yes, we do.

I agree.  LBC has videos on YouTube of their political interviews on radio (host + one or more political figures + ordinary Brits calling in).  Wonderful format.  They cover multiple parties, multiple factions.  Everything else in GB is propaganda or editorial rubbish.  I minimize any US news sources, since they are all tabloids.  There is nothing like LBC in the US, it is all Hollywood fake news.  The first I saw that happening was when Richard Nixon came on LaughIn during the 1968 campaign.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 04, 2019, 03:46:56 AM
When I was a kid we had printed papers^ like that with no censoring bits. SoF is too young to know that I guess.

Oh! Thx you to make me feel younger than i really am. But i will be 31 three months later and a few days ago i noticed few white hair in my beard :) how can i be too young : )

Time is running and it needs to react it. : )

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on July 05, 2019, 01:34:05 PM
Oh! Thx you to make me feel younger than i really am. But i will be 31 three months later and a few days ago i noticed few white hair in my beard :) how can i be too young : )

Time is running and it needs to react it. : )

Your life is just starting.  Leave the door of destiny wide open.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Baruch on July 05, 2019, 04:22:58 PM
Your life is just starting.  Leave the door of destiny wide open.

Are you a believer in destiny that has been already written and that freewill or human agency has no function?

I guess you believe in both, destiny and freewill alike.

So far my wrong decisions and choices has directed me the paths on which i do not want to be, but things must change. The necessity of changing the things is a must. I will make it happen the things which are in my hands, not my written destiny : )

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on July 06, 2019, 02:15:01 AM
Are you a believer in destiny that has been already written and that freewill or human agency has no function?

I guess you believe in both, destiny and freewill alike.

So far my wrong decisions and choices has directed me the paths on which i do not want to be, but things must change. The necessity of changing the things is a must. I will make it happen the things which are in my hands, not my written destiny : )

We have input to what happens to ourselves and what happens to the people around us.  But we are not autonomous.  That feeling of not being completely free, of being dependent on decisions by others and on the environment we live in, we anthropomorphise as Fate.  That's a pagan god actually.

No I don't believe in the past or the future as such.  Though the past is more substantial.  I believe that all action occurs in the present.  The past is pride and regret.  The future is fear and hope.  Emotions, not something written in stone.  But how we feel, can make a self fulfilling prophecy, whether optimism or pessimism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

Can't say as she's my news source, but Dr Rachael Maddow always gives derailed perspective.

Smart, smart woman.

Minimalist

I can hardly stand to watch tv news anymore.  Too much shouting and over-talking.

Generally speaking I go to the Washington Post, NY Times and BBC.

John Oliver may be the best journalist on TV.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: ferdmonger on July 12, 2019, 11:32:30 PM
Can't say as she's my news source, but Dr Rachael Maddow always gives derailed perspective.

Smart, smart woman.

"detailed"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Minimalist on July 13, 2019, 01:14:06 AM
I can hardly stand to watch tv news anymore.  Too much shouting and over-talking.

Generally speaking I go to the Washington Post, NY Times and BBC.

John Oliver may be the best journalist on TV.

John Oliver would take issue with you calling him a journalist. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

I miss Keith Olbermann, he never pulled any punches.

But then, I've still got Mike Malloy for vicarious outrage.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 13, 2019, 01:22:19 PM
I miss Keith Olbermann, he never pulled any punches.

But then, I've still got Mike Malloy for vicarious outrage.

Did you doctor prescribe that primal scream?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman