Antifa attack gay vietnam journalist

Started by Munch, July 01, 2019, 10:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on August 20, 2019, 11:48:01 AM
I really feel you should review presidential history before making that claim. Just because the guys the current president doesn't mean he's done worse then past ones.

https://www.oregonlive.com/today/2017/10/donald_trumps_competition_the.html
Yeah, in this case, it does.  He is clearly the worst president we have ever had--and that includes the first Johnson!  He lands in that position because he has not done anything positive well. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 11:51:12 AM
Better than optimism of 1865, April, Washington DC ...

Before April 14, 1865 or after.  It makes a difference.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 11:54:54 AM
Before April 14, 1865 or after.  It makes a difference.

That is the point.  Choose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 01:49:29 PM
That is the point.  Choose.

I choose the hope of "before" rather than the sadness of "after".

Baruch

It was a close run thing.  Stanton and Grant could have instituted a military dictatorship, with Radical Republicans (not everyone in Congress) calling the song.  A completely punitive Reconstruction the opposite of Lincoln's second inauguration speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWSDCyTxAz0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 05:02:36 PM
It was a close run thing.  Stanton and Grant could have instituted a military dictatorship, with Radical Republicans (not everyone in Congress) calling the song.  A completely punitive Reconstruction the opposite of Lincoln's second inauguration speech.

Grant was never a dictator wanna-be.  Why did you bring up "could have"?  They didn't.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 06:22:54 PM
Grant was never a dictator wanna-be.  Why did you bring up "could have"?  They didn't.

Within active military occupied territory, he was (see Tennessee).  But that is normal for military occupation.  See General McArthur in Japan.  He gave very generous terms to Lee's men, to get them to agree to stop fighting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2019, 08:05:55 PM
Within active military occupied territory, he was (see Tennessee).  But that is normal for military occupation.  See General McArthur in Japan.  He gave very generous terms to Lee's men, to get them to agree to stop fighting.

Grant did give generous rations to Lee's reduced army.  How does that relate to your claim Grant wanted to be a dictator? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2019, 09:36:24 PM
Grant did give generous rations to Lee's reduced army.  How does that relate to your claim Grant wanted to be a dictator?

Not my claim.  Your claim projected onto me.  If the country fell apart, who do you think would feel compelled to pick up the pieces, given his presidential ambitions?  Custer?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 21, 2019, 12:05:42 AM
Not my claim.  Your claim projected onto me.  If the country fell apart, who do you think would feel compelled to pick up the pieces, given his presidential ambitions?  Custer?

You said "Stanton and Grant could have instituted a military dictatorship".  Stanton was not really a part of the Grant administration.  He was nominated as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court by Grant; however, he died four days after his nomination was confirmed by the Senate.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 24, 2019, 12:10:04 AM
You said "Stanton and Grant could have instituted a military dictatorship".  Stanton was not really a part of the Grant administration.  He was nominated as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court by Grant; however, he died four days after his nomination was confirmed by the Senate.

We are talking about April 1865.  Stanton was Secretary of War in 1865 .. and he destroyed part of his papers, the same day Lincoln died.  He was connected to the conspirators (the earlier conspiracy was to kidnap Lincoln at a peace conference with the Rebels, to force an armistice).  The surrender of Lee forced them to change plans, to an assassination.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2019, 12:46:37 AM
We are talking about April 1865.  Stanton was Secretary of War in 1865 .. and he destroyed part of his papers, the same day Lincoln died.  He was connected to the conspirators (the earlier conspiracy was to kidnap Lincoln at a peace conference with the Rebels, to force an armistice).  The surrender of Lee forced them to change plans, to an assassination.

link?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2019, 08:52:29 AM
https://www.fords.org/blog/post/misinformation-and-conspiracy-theories-about-the-lincoln-assassination/

Debunked.  Mentions the diary obfuscation.  Of course, only Oswald shot JFK etc.

I'm glad you said "debunked", because I sure have would otherwise.  A load of trash.  So, knowing that was debunked, why did you mention it to begin with?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 24, 2019, 02:12:03 PM
I'm glad you said "debunked", because I sure have would otherwise.  A load of trash.  So, knowing that was debunked, why did you mention it to begin with?

A skeptic debunks everything, as a panacea against meaning.  There is no truth, no facts, just my autistic nihilistic condition ;-)

No, that fact that X debunked Y means nothing, if you are skeptical.  You have to be skeptical of the debunking.  Qui bono.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.